News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 03:45:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

LEGO® Universe to close in 2012

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGO® Universe to close in 2012  (Read 2687 times)
JediGuineaPig
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Generally have a good time and learn

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 01:38:35 am »

This is an interesting comment i found on Kotaku Australia

"The REAL reason they’re closing, is because LEGO is doing everything they can to get out of virtual building, and focus entirely on real brick sales. The old dudes in Denmark have finally realized that the worst thing they can do to their bottom line is encourage people to build stuff with virtual bricks. I bet we’re about to see LEGO completely abandon all of their online building experiments, and focus entirely on sales of real bricks. If it was just about not wanting to prop up another failing venture, then they would have closed the theme parks a long time ago. Except the parks still promote real sales, whereas LU did not. It actually does the opposite. Since LU came out I barely touch my real bricks anymore, and I certainly am not going to buy anymore now that I can have unlimited building for a measely ten dollars a month. They know exactly what a popular building game will do to there company,..it’ll sink it. Theyd have to charge at least $300 to $400 for a year sub to even begin to recoup the lost sales revenue, from real sets that players arent buying anymore. Mind you, if they had come out with LU sets at the start then I would have bought them, but I also think they messed up on the intelectual property rights of the LU story. I cant think of another reason why they havent merchandised LU yet."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum