News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 10:31:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

SAVE LU collaborative story

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SAVE LU collaborative story  (Read 588 times)
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Team: No Team
Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:47:44 pm »

I'm going to start the revolution on the Creation Lab.  Here's how YOU can help!  (Since RPGs seem to get the most attention here, I could also do this as an RPG-hybrid, let me know and I'll post it over there.)

Quote from: Flipz
Here's the concept I originally sent to Crackers and Kryiptuun (two of the other Bradford Rant Pod winners like myself):

I've been searching for the best way to break the news to the Creation Lab (since most of them don't actually play LU and have no idea it's closing). I came up with an idea: we converse, in-character, as our Pod pilots, sending reports of how we're detecting unusual Maelstrom activity. Eventually, we figure out that it's breaking through the dimensional barrier (like the Pods did) in a strange Earth place called "Billund, Denmark". That's when I (Flipz) will break in with a speech promoting the letter-writing campaign. I'll get the conversation bits together, make a cool image of our pilots, and post the entire thing as a creation on the Lab. (I'll try to recruit Kryiptuun as well, so there's three of us.)What do you say? Are you in?

But when I remembered Beeky was here...AND Sloop...AND SpaceDude AND J-red AND Legotrain, a plan began to form...

What if we ALL joined in this quest?  The pictures don't have to be too complex (for the Pod Pilots chapters I simply imagined a Metal Gear Solid-style codec conversations), what's important is that your minifig addresses the importance of defeating this critical Maelstrom attack, and that once again they will need the help of the humans.

Also, credit goes to MSROWDYREDHEAD for the quote that sparked this idea:
I just wish SOMEONE had told us that the Maelstrom wore business suits & ties and lived in Denmark...

Quote from: Flipz
Quote from: General Jacen Torq (crackers5)
I already told you this, but it sounds pretty awesome. Tongue I'll provide pics of my Pod if you want, and I can do some Photoshop stuff too maybe.

Awesome.  Try and figure out a personality for your pilot.  He should be similar to your sig-fig in personality, but unique; almost like a mirror-image in certain ways.

As an example, Flipz is very driven; he's hardworking, and he's determined to unwork the evil in the Universe because of his own failings.  Though he can be fun and lighthearted at times, he's generally the serious guy in the group; he's haunted by the darkness within him, and that's not just referring to his Plasma Hand powers.  His powers came from a source he sees as evil, and yet he's found ways to use them for good; this is why he's drawn to Paradox, whose ideology matches his own life.  He's loyal to his friends, because they embrace him for his positive qualities, which he often fails to see for himself.
AJR7, on the other hand, grew up in LU, and he knew Vanda Darkflame around the time she worked for Baron Typhonus.  He's sneaky and conniving, and under most circumstances you wouldn't want to trust him.  However, despite his manipulativeness and his unsavory appearance, he's also one of the most trustworthy individuals you'll meet; he'll never betray a secret, and he'll loyally defend what he believes in to the very end.  His complete devotion and iron will are what allowed him to resist the Maelstrom's corrupting influence and successfully cross the border to the human world without being infected.

Both characters are determined and loyal, and both are looked on with suspicion by others; likewise, both are highly valued by those who look past the surface.  However, Flipz is more like a paladin fallen from grace; his actions are driven by his past, a past in which he leaned toward darkness far more than he would care to admit, even to himself.  His constant motivation is one of redemption, one of acceptance by others.  AJR7, on the other hand, was always more of a loner; he only wants to prove himself to himself.  He's much more quick-tempered than Flipz, who has learned the value of patience and caution, and of course he's much more secretive.  (Granted, Flipz has his secrets, things that he doesn't want to reveal to others, but AJR7 is secretie in general--he doesn't like to tell anyone anything, something that also drives people away.)

So, basically, I want you to figure out YOUR sig-fig's personality (basically, analyze your own and put it into words), and then create ASR1's personality as a complement to Crackers5's. Wink

For the rest of you, figure out why your sig-fig would be noticing these Maelstrom activities, and start from there.  Some ideas:
*If your minifig likes to explore, perhaps they're on an expedition to a distant, maelstrom-corrupted planet chunk where they have a perfect vantage point for the Maelstrom's activities.
*If your minifig likes to fight, perhaps they're locked in intense combat with a terrifying Maelstrom-infected monster, who gloats cryptically about the Maelstrom's "unstoppable" plan.
*If your minifig likes Spinjitsu, perhaps an allied ninja warns about a disturbance in the balance of nature at the very edge of the Universe.
*If your minifig likes to build, perhaps their latest creation has an unexplained and illogical malfunction, forcing them to investigate the source of the interference/anomalous readings.
*And of course, if your minifig likes to study the Maelstrom, they'll know something's up with the Maelstrom and will want to investigate.

From there, figure out how your minifig will react and who (if anyone) they would report to.  After that, they'll prepare to set off.  Everyone will meet up together by the end, and that's when the main plug for the letter-writing campaign will take place; however, before that happens there should be lots of hints toward what's going on; i.e. "The Maelstrom is getting stronger"  "It's winning" "We have to do something!"  "We haven't been in this much trouble since we had to ask the humans for help." and so on and so forth.

EDIT: They shouldn't know right away exactly what's going on, but they should definitely be able to tell that something is not right.  Let's share our ideas here, so we can get the maximum bang for our buck--other than the Pod pilots, it shouldn't be obvious that the rest of these are all telling the same story right from the get-go; as each segment is posted (which, ideally, should be as quickly as possible), the storylines will converge.  However, if se can set up little hooks in each others' stories, and then have them pay off later in our own, it will help increase the dramatic impact IMMENSELY.  I'll get started with my own stuff ASAP. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:15:52 pm »

So, part 1 of the Pod Pilots thread.  Kryiptuun said he'd take a shot at the next part.

Be sure to start your own threads, the more people involved the better!

In the Paradox Laboratory, Pod Captain AJR7 smacked his console. “Stupid thing’s broken again. Never should have trusted Assembly with this.” He turned to the other minifig in the room. “Hey, Muckrake! Get Augie Ninewells in here now.”
“Uhh, sorry, sir, But I can’t leave my post. You know the rules.”
AJR7 muttered something that would have gotten him kicked out of Sentinel, if he had been a member of that faction. “Fine. I’ll get him myself. But don’t touch anything!” AJR7 turned and jumped through the nearby teleporter, and was gone.
Another minifigure materialized moments later, a Thinking Hat in hand, and approached Meyer. “Finally! What took you so long? Did Olivia have it hidden in some dusty attic?” He handed the minifgure a bag of tokens, and as soon as they were gone, he turned to AJR7’s odd device. “Hmm…” he murmured. After a moment’s hesitation, he put the Thinking Cap on his head.
Meanwhile, AJR7 mulled over the strange readings. They were completely off; the thing was clearly broken...and yet, they seemed familiar somehow. He walked across the huge chamber, nearing the new Imagination Nexus when, as usual, an idea popped into his head. Normally, he tried to avoid heeding these--he could never be sure if it was his own idea or one someone else was trying to plant in his mind, and he didn’t like the sensation anyway--but this one seemed like a good one. He ducked back by the Paradox teleporter--if it was private enough for Ree, it was private enough for him--and pulled out his communicator. “Hey, pal. Listen, normally I’m not one to share, but for some reason I get the feeling you ought to take a look at this…”
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:13:29 pm »

Way awesome!
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum