News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 02:02:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Let's talk about how we build

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk about how we build  (Read 681 times)
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« on: January 21, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »

Sorry Blade, I lost the codes to how to show the pic in 25 by 25

This topic is my creation, I had an idea a long time ago, and I think it deserves an MoC status

RUBBER, is my point here.

I used old stuff from old trucks. The Building mats are battery holders, and serve well to keep your bricks from sliding off the table...

The bowls to contain the little bricks are air brake diaphragms.

The tools I use to do some other cool stuff I'll share soon

What should we do next?

Tell us, what is your method of building your next Lego model, let's talk Lego, let's share

How we build

(please, feel free to move to LEGO General Discussion)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:40:22 pm by Legodac » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
eragon3443
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Make friends,have fun!

The Ghost

Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:28:01 am »

I mostly build Bionicle MOCs, so I usuallly start with a color scheme. Once I do that, I collect all the pieces for the 2 colors and buil. Color scheme is my key to making good MOCs.
Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:44:30 pm »

That`s very interesting Eragon, I tend to mix my colours when actually organizing my bricks. I go by size and shape, their are drawers for 4 stud angles and no more, than 5 stud rounds.  Then bricks bigger than a 4 stud connect etc, etc. So far, I think I have over 150 different drawers, perhaps your idea would use less drawers  Cheesy

Keep on Brickn, my friend
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
The Host
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Purpose: Troll the Forums, Watch and Listen

Nation Dex Complete: 713 Owned

Fifth Year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:01:47 pm »

I try to organize all my parts (bionicle and HF) in boxes by colour, except for the smaller axles and pins, which I keep in a smaller box.

I usually build at my desk, with a design in my head that I try to make with the bricks and pieces at hand. Once I have an initial design I try to improve on as many parts as I can by either making the colour scheme better or making the entire design more custom.

I use a knife or scisors on occasion to modify pieces to make them work better, but not too often, as while modified pieces work great in some MOCs, when I try to use them in different MOCs they don't work as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Not being able to speak is not the same as not having anything to say

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 01:06:43 am »

You both seem to think that colour is the key to building, I agree, but only when it comes to design and overall theme. I do the same when designing, for example, I am still working on the banana rail road, the power is now incorporated. The theme colour is yellow, for banana, yet I have only a few elements that are yellow besides.

When I build a kit bought from Lego, the organization is, well, organized

When I MoC, my home becomes nuclear. Then I spend even more time putting away the pieces I thought I might have used. My bed even turns into a platform for bricks.

Next Question; How often do you tear an MoC down to start again?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum