News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 05:05:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Symbiosis [RPG]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Symbiosis [RPG]  (Read 15584 times)
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Rebuild

Living in the future, today.

Badges: (View All)
Fifth Year Anniversary 100 Posts in one day Search
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:51:51 am »

Symbiosis

WARNING; PG-13+

Chris Johnson stared into the retina scanner, and the doors opened for him. Stepping into the CERN lab, he started to lay out the papers he had written that night, when he heard something. Or maybe felt would be a better word. He spun around but saw nothing. Then he crumpled to the ground, a bullet straight through his heart. A sound, an alien sounding scream of agony, came from his chest.

Some time later - it felt like an eternity  - he opened his eyes. All he could see was black. something’s not right... He tried to stand, and squished against the familiar material surrounding him. As what had happened dawned on him, he started spewing some choice cusses, picked up from varying languages throughout earth’s history. Dead. Someone killed me. I thought i didn’t have any enemies in this lifetime. Well, there’s always Jim from the LHC, but he’s not this crazy...... Approximating a sigh, he settled down and waited. About two hours later he heard the first person to see him. A girl, the receptionist. By the sounds of things she screamed until she fainted. More people came soon after, including several police officers. He kept hearing the word “suicide”... he let out a breath he hadn’t realized he had been holding when he heard the word “autopsy”. He was not looking forwards to having to eat his way out. While he knew many of his kind did, and he even had to once before, he personally found the concept disgusting. He felt his old body being picked up and presumably taken in a body bag. After they arrived at the destination, he prepared himself, detaching from his host’s spinal cord and preparing to leave the body. Once the autopsy started, it was a fairly simple matter for him to mentally divert the person’s attention away from his location between his now dead body’s lungs. A few hours after it ended, he slowly crawled out. His ten legs were weak, he hadn’t had a reason to move for decades. He hid in a dark corner and thought about his next action: find a new host.

--Five days later--

It felt vulnerable to be without a host. He liked being human. He scratched his carapace, which was starting to harden from exposure to air. If his potential host didn’t work out he’d have to find a body of water soon. He would much rather live in a human torso than a swamp, but his choices were starting to run slim.

There. Peering down from his vantage point on the ceiling, he spied his desired new body. Male, late 20s, in good physical shape, a scientist of some kind. He watched the man wind down for the night, and get in bed. A quick mental probe showed that he was indeed asleep. crawling down to be near the man’s head, he overlooked his new host. Quite dashing, actually. I’ll be sure to find some women with this one. Living as a human  for millennia had turned his mind mostly human. He had all the same urges and feelings as the average human, and most of his hosts had been male, so he had learned to appreciate the other sex very quickly.

He pulled back his arms and jabbed his frontmost two legs into  the back of the man’s neck, straight to his spinal cord. After about two and a half seconds, the first wave of sensory information flooded into his mind. doing his species’ equivalent of a smile, he entered the man’s dreams.

--the next morning--

Tyler Matthews stood up and walked to the sink. The dream he had last night was bizarre. Yet somehow he wanted it.
He had been approached by a strange figure, who promised him immortality and the knowledge of the gods, and the price was so small..... .Something in his mind made him feel as if it were more than the average dream, and he instinctively knew he could trust this being with his life. He shook his head and splashed water in his face. just a dream.... But regardless of a dream or not, he couldn’t stop thinking about it, all day long. When he came home from work he flopped onto the couch and passed out.  He dreamed of the being again that night. It showed him wonders of the world he didn’t even know about, brought physics and geology and ancient history into perfect clarity. When he awoke he remembered it all. A  strange feeling in his gut, he went to the computer. He pulled up google and typed in a thought about particle psyhics he had floating around in his head, a thought based on knowledge from his dream. To his astonishment it was completely accurate. He spent the day researching things, amazed and slightly worried about these things, for everything the being in his dream had shown him was 100% true. And somehow, he understood it all. He worked in a biology lab, he had never had much interest in paleontology, string theory, or economics. Yet he knew it all. When he went to bed that night he was terrified, and excited at the same time, to see the entity in his dreams again. It took him hours to fall asleep. Once he had, he saw the distorted figure, that looked like a person made out of static and shadows, whom he had come to trust. After what felt like an eternity of silent eye contact he finally spoke. “w....... who are you?” The being looked at him with a humorous look in his eyes, and smiled. “my name is-” a screeching noise that sounded like nothing on earth pierced through his soul. Somehow Tyler didn’t care. “i can’t pronounce that.......” The figure let out an all too human laugh. “you can call me... thoron.” Tyler grinned. he felt completely safe, with this thing. He understood the joke. Thoron Decay was the first thing he had researched, the first hint that the being was real. “why are you here?" the being's smile decreased a bit. "I'm dying" Tyler stopped. it felt.... fundamentaly wrong that a being like this could, or would die. "can't you do something?"
"I am doing something."
"me?"
"yes you. ridiculous as it sounds, you can save me. and you will be rewarded. everything I have you will have. all you have to do is help me."
Though Tyler didn't now it, enzymes in the creature's claws were what was making him so agreeable. But at that point, even if the being hadn't been influencing him at all, he would have agreed.
"all you have to do is let me in."
"of course your-"
Tyler stopped in mid sentence, as a searing pain shot through his gut. He snapped awake panic in his eyes, as he saw a creature crawling inside of him. A second later he let out a bloodcurdling scream as the creature's ten pointed legs jabbed into his spinal column. Tyler passed out from the pain.

--the next morning--

They opened their eyes. the single mind of the new life form sat up. it looked down at its gut and saw a white substance filling the wound. already regenerating. good. It looked around, surveying the flat with new eyes. interesting......... it felt comfortable, familiar, but not quite home, not like it used to. He went to change to some fresh clothes, and stopped to survey himself in the mirror. The hybrid mind of Tyler and Thoron decided that his look would have to change a little. After getting dressed the hybrid went downstairs. I need to check back in at home..... he thought. Thoron's mind, being so much larger, older, and stronger, was a more dominant part of the new being created. Their memories had merged, as had their tastes, hopes, dreams, feelings, and everything about them. The duality that the new being felt - including which name it would use - would fade fairly quickly as everything sorted itself out. It happened every time. And every time it was time to move to a new host Thoron brought all the memories, the very essence of the host with him. He was, in a way, providing his host's soul with immortality. The merge was complex though, it left many things jumbled or inaccessible during the process, which could take up to a month. And while their minds were becoming one, so were their bodies. The symbiont would attach itself to the host's spinal cord, and tap directly into the central nervous system, essentially becoming a second brain. it would also tap into the circulatory system, absorbing nutrients from the host body like any other internal organ. Some of the symboynt's natural abilities would also extend to the host, including the salamander-like regeneration which was integrated into the DNA of the host.

As Thoron approached his estate, the front gate automatically locked. "[Access Forbidden, Unauthorized Human. Please State Your Business.]" A robotic voice spoke. Thoron chuckled. He always appreciated the fresh start that a new body gave him. He spoke a long sentence in fluent Demotic, a long-extinct language. The override code was acknowledged, and the gates opened silently. As he approached his house, he decided that he would have to renovate. Tyler had some very good ideas about architecture, they would have to be implemented. As he bypassed several more security measures, he groaned. It had taken a while to secure the property from the predecessor to his recently deceased host, when he died. And for good reason, the secrets hidden in the mansion out-valued the Smithsonian. As thoron's mind - for thoron had still kept the essence of himself, while tyler had mostly been absorbed - wandered, Tyler's feeling on vengeance surfaced. "of course i need to find my killer." he told himself, matter-of-factly. Walking into his armory, he picked up an M-16 and an aztec knife. "yes, i definitely need to find out who killed me." he said, a twisted smile crawling across his face.
Report Spam   Logged

Talk To Me          Quote Archive
I've got no place to go, I've got nowhere to run.
They love to watch me fall, they think they know it all.
I'm a nightmare, a disaster, that's what they always said.
I'm a lost cause, not a hero, but I'll make it on my own.
I've gotta prove them wrong - It's me against the world.
It is, in the end, whatever the **** I want it to be.
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole this wide
straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
Come on, lets go break their arms.
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 01:52:41 am »

RULES:

-no godmode overpowered crud
-tech is to stay realistic. No phasers or tractor beams, invisibility, antigrav, ect. This is modern day, after all.
-powers are limited to symbyonts ONLY having mild use of psionics (mental powers, weak telekinetisis, telepathy, suggestive powers, sensing, ect.)
-no explaining everything away. Some mystery is good.
-Of course, follow forum rules

CHARACTERS:

Mtmerrick:
Species: Symbiotic Hybrid
Name: Thoron
Human Name: Tyler Matthews
Profession: cellular biologist, vigilante.
Age (human): late 20s
Appearance: 6'2", strongly muscled, tanned. Harsh but happy chiseled features, facial hair like this, dark brown shortish hair, parted down the middle, ice blue eyes
Style: black or dark blue jeans, hiking boots, graphic tees or button-up shirts

Human Name: Alexa Carter
Profession: owns her own computer repair store
Age (human): early 20s
Appearance: 5'10", thin, athletic appearance, reddish brown hair with highlights that change with her outfit, often in a ponytail, green eyes
Style: pseudo-goth clothing, no jewelry other than stud earrings (3 per ear) and a necklace, always wears a watch.
Other: Alexa is fluent in 16 different programming languages and at least 4 different human ones. She is a huge bookworm, and if she hasn't read a book, she makes sure to read it. She likes adventure though she rarely ever gets to do anything out of the ordinary.

Skrief:
Species: Human
Name: Daniel Smith
Profession: Student
Appearance: 5'4", white, average-looking. Sideburns. Black hair similar to that of David Tennant's. Green eyes, glasses with photochromic lenses.
Style: Regular black trousers, sports shoes, plain looking one-colour t-shirts, wears a fedora often.
Bio: None
Extra Details: fears any unknown forces that may be manipulating life. Has an interest in the history of the world and an interest in maths.

Darth Rexus:
Species: Human, less so than others
Name: Viktor Wright
Profession: CEO of Infinitus Security (growing business)
Appearance: 5'9", Scandinavian. Medium body size and a scar running down the right arm. Short brown hair and no facial hair.
Style: Business suits on the formal occasion, and a collared and cuffed shirt with formal trousers on the casual appearance.
Bio: Born to a English father and a Swedish mother, Viktor was brought up on the outskirts of Stockholm learning of both his maternal and paternal cultures closely. As he grew his parents moved to Cambridge, where his father was a member of staff at the local University. He was to study at the local University when his house was robbed, his parents were away and Viktor was threatened with death. Surviving the matter with sheer mercy-begging willpower, Viktor decided on his new goal, Security. Viktor set up Infinitus Security on the principal of swift and merciless justice. Infinitus is currently based in the Swedish country due to pressures to leave the UK.

Flipz:
Name: Regulus
Human Name: Amarus Zagrene
Profession: theoretical physicist, nobleman.
Appearance: Pale-skinned,  just over six feet tall, with messy brown hair and an omnipresent smirk, Zagrene's other features are fairly nondescript.  Whether this is due to actual bland appearance or Regulus' tendency to vanish from others' memories remains to be seen.
Style: The most stylish dark crimson body armor chestplate money can buy.  Regulus has made modern armor fashionable--a good thing, considering the high lethal turnover rate for personnel at his facility.  He wears sleek, dark blue slacks, with his I.D. and a few other implements hanging from his belt.
Bio: For decades, perhaps centuries, Regulus has been pursuing perhaps the most dangerous and insane scientific goal ever known to intelligent life.  For the past six generations, however, he slowed his research, and chose to remain within the male line of a single noble family, one he named "Regulus" in honor of himself.  When his most recent host was killed, his son was still too young to safely join, so instead Regulus selected his former host's closest friend, a writer by the name of Amarus Zagrene.  As guardian of young Arthur (and as specified in the late Lord Regulus' will), Zagrene is considered a full-fledged member of the noble family and retains the title of Lord Regulus.

Blade:
Name: Omega
Human Name: Kaze Hikari
Profession: Vigilante, CIA
Age (human): 20
Appearance: Kaze has brown messy hair, and dark green eyes typically. He is approximately 6 foot 1, and usually has a neutral expression. He usually wears a black t-shirt with a green and blue stripe, along with blue jeans. Kaze also typically wears glasses, even though he has no need for them.
Other: Omega allows Kaze's personality to be in control for most of the time, a rarity among symbiotes, however, when needed, he will take over. This is typically signified by Kaze's eyes turning a reddish colour, along with potentially Omega tossing the glasses to the side, not caring if they break or not. Kaze is also a part of the CIA, which is partly how he has been able to keep the rest of America from finding out too much about the Symbiotes.

Truth:
Species: Human
Name: Illia Menis
Profession: Hacker
Appearance: Average height, with blue eyes and hair (dyed, natural colour is brown). Her clothes are a big tip-off that she's a nerd: her shirts all involve either Star Wars, Star Trek, or say something in binary. She has no sense of style and often wears horribly mismatched clothes, such as an orange shirt with green-and-purple polka dotted pants.
Other: Illia has a very odd accent that nobody has been able to identify. She refuses to tell anyone about her past.

Species: Human (Probably)
Name: X-2
Profession: Unknown. Probably a spy.
Appearance: Tall, wears a dark overcoat, sunglasses, and a fedora.
Other: X-2 is [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. He often [REDACTED], and many think he may be [REDACTED].
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:44:38 pm by mtmerrick » Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: What, exactly, does this require?

Visitor

Fourth Year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:28 am »

IC: Viktor sat at his desk, hand poised near the phone

OOC: Best to start simple, I find
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:16:52 am »

A man walked in, and sat down.
"Hello, Mr Wright.  My name is Tyler Matthews, I've recently inherited an estate that's in need of new security. Ill be using most of the existing security features, but you present many new security measures that i'd need installed, expecially the bioelectric feild scanners. It is a very large estate, the cost to me would be well over a million dollars which is why I was sent directly to you."

He looked Viktor in the eyes. "I want only the best."

OOC: straightforward, rich, and more than a tad eccentric. Not too far from the best kind of customer, eh? Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Visitor

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 02:34:26 pm »

OOC: If he as a nemesis out to kill him, even better Tongue

IC: "And I will only offer the best, for the best." Viktor got up from his chair "Tell me, do you have a reason for this kind of protection?"
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 04:17:23 pm »

"The estate came with a large collection of valuables. Much money, valuables, heirlooms...... even some artifacts. I don't trust banks. "
*Pause*
"I am not a person to use trust lightly. A loaded gun or a knife on your person, just in case -provided you can use it- is always safer than going around naked to be stabbed in the back.  Before you call security I was already checked out by your guards, I'm clean. I wish you no harm, just your best technology...... and that means no security personel."

OOC: trying to pique his interest in me accidentally. Me meaning to without my character meaning to. Just a slightly wandering mind..... but very carefully picked out sentences.
Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Visitor

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

"I hope these valuables are not too cheap..." Viktor began pacing around the room "...I understand a majority of my costumers like to keep their business more... silent? Shall we say?... I understand you could be one of them, how do you propose we install security?"
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 04:52:52 pm »

"I want you and your most trusted men there. And im willing to pay. Name your price. Money? Gold, diamonds? Any relic, any civilization, any era. "
Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Visitor

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 05:02:35 pm »

"Money, cold hard cash. I'm not in it for intelligence or any other in-direct way to power." Viktor stopped "Unless... you can offer me power?" Viktor gave out a short laugh and continued pacing
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 05:07:20 pm »

Tyler laughed. "that's one thing i can't part with. to me, knowledge is power. knowledge, gut, experience..... in here" he touched his forehead and chest with a finger as if he were about to do the sign of the cross

"so it depends. what sort of power do you want? i can't give you authority. but there are other things i can give you. choose your next sentence very carefully. no takebacks....... greenbacks? diamonds? knowledge? trade secrets? a chance to learn form history? take your pick"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:09:24 pm by mtmerrick » Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Visitor

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »

"If you manage to... remove... any opposition to my business and perhaps, perhaps, give me a little more knowledge of how to kill, you can consider yourself debt-free." Viktor leaned down on his desk "And I don't take any stupidity or bush beating, you know what I meant by remove and I want it done."
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 05:16:18 pm »

"you heard what i said. my power is knowledge. give me knowledge on these people and i can make things happen. but make sure you use the right power or the wrong things can happen."

"and thank you for not probing. there may be trust between us yet."
Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Visitor

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »

"I will have plenty of time to extract any information I need out of you yet, I'm not done here." Viktor walked over to a large file cabinet and pulled out the top draw, flicking through the files he found 4 of particular interest. "I want these companies removed, I don't care how it is done, but make sure it is messy enough to discourage any further opposition and clean enough to not point to... murder..." Viktor passed the files to Tyler.
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:59 pm »

"this is an awfully large price for a security system, Victor." he chuckled. "be lucky I enjoy using my knowledge of the world or your request..... may have offended me."

OOC: you're gonna have to do something here. Tongue powerpoint presentation, wikipedia page, something. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Visitor

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 05:32:14 pm »

OOC: Powerpoint presentation? S=Secure E=Electronic C=Costly U=Uranium-Free R= Reasonable I=Imagination T=Towering Y=Yellow? Tongue

IC: "I realise I've been selling you the price, not the product. I'm sorry... I normally have a Marketing Team for this..." Viktor sat down again and opened his laptop "Ah, here we go. Infinitus Security, the final word in clean and effective security." Viktor laughed "I hate that line. Infinitus was founded on the basis of swift and harsh Justice dealing in security measures ranging from the pain-inducing Infinitus Metal Detector and Bullet Stormer to the more casual bodyguards, which can also be used for pain." Viktor stopped "Am I selling it to you?"
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 05:40:31 pm »

"much better. though perhaps you are undervaluing what an operation like this will take...... not that i mind, but if you take this much from your other customers i'm surprised you have as many clients as you do." he looked victor in the eyes. "you have a very respectable setup here. i would enjoy seeing it become more powerful. but you, as a person, have much to learn. i will do the jobs you requested. but please, don't think you are in charge of me. i could cripple you as easily as help you. previously i couldn't have cared less about your industry. now i'm involved, curious.... invested. you are providing a service to me, in exchange for a test. do not fail, victor, alright?"
Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Visitor

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 05:44:05 pm »

"As long as you walk these halls, there will always be a gun pointed at you, more often than not two or more. Know that and I think we will have and understanding."
Report Spam   Logged

mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 05:53:10 pm »

"the second i leave these halls the wold could be pointed at you. i am unarmed. i have done nothing but speak. for all you know i could be a plant. Grenthor would like to see you go down, wouldn't they? It doesn't take a fool to know that you have been running checks on me from the second i walked in the door, having information fed to your earpiece. I am but a simple biologist, am i not? yet....... i know you have a safe behind that painting. 5 cameras, 3 hidden very well. tranq gas and darts on the first, second failed attempt? you told your guards it had gold bars in it, i'm guessing nothing that valuable. the automatic guns built into the doorframe are much more lethal anyways....... You may want to question..... kevin? the one with red hair. get him some better training or fire him. poor fool doesn't know what he's doing here. certainly won't know what you're talking about when you confront him." he paused to look victor in the eyes again. "knowledge is power. and i can see straight through your eyes into you. you betray yourself."
Report Spam   Logged

Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 06:33:11 pm »

==Viktor's office==
At that moment, Viktor's phone began to ring...

==Roughly a century ago...==
Arthur Regulus II stepped unsteadily out of the tunnel.  The lift had been running far too often recently--the project down here would surely be brought to a screeching halt soon.  Unacceptable.  After all, these were the men who had come closest to reaching his own goal, and without their knowledge, progress would--

That's when he saw her.

Flowing, ginger hair, the pale blue jacket, that unmistakable walk--aside from the missing coat, every detail was perfect.  It had to be her.  There was just one problem...

Ten years ago, Regulus had watched her die.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »

"You take that." Tyler winked. "I'll let myself out."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum