News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 11:50:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Pseudohumanity [RPG]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pseudohumanity [RPG]  (Read 12208 times)
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2012, 02:18:50 pm »

-==IC: Virunk==-

Right. That's just what we've done. Virunk thought, as he was still skeptical of this guy, but simply sighed, and waited for the car.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Rebuild

Living in the future, today.

Fifth Year Anniversary 100 Posts in one day Search
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »

The car pulled up, and Matt and Virnuk jumped in, following the cultist.
"Yes, follow a cultists back to his home. What a brilliant idea....." Matt muttered to himself.

OOC: you should hang onto this character, Flipz, he's great.
Report Spam   Logged

Talk To Me          Quote Archive
I've got no place to go, I've got nowhere to run.
They love to watch me fall, they think they know it all.
I'm a nightmare, a disaster, that's what they always said.
I'm a lost cause, not a hero, but I'll make it on my own.
I've gotta prove them wrong - It's me against the world.
It is, in the end, whatever the **** I want it to be.
And when I'm through with it, it's gonna blow a hole this wide
straight through the worlds own idea of itself.
Come on, lets go break their arms.
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2012, 03:33:43 pm »

OOC: I agree. =P

"Between the two of us, we could probably handle him if it gets dangerous." Virunk said with a shrug.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 03:41:26 pm »

Matt put out his left arm and the barrel of a laser popped out. "Most likely" he nodded. "By the way, you decide what implants you want yet?" He asked, the laser collapsing back intro his arm.
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2012, 03:44:03 pm »

"Maybe." Virunk said, not really having thought of it much.
"We can worry about that after this, though."
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2012, 04:08:54 pm »

"Fair enough" Matt replied, and looked at his right hand. "I want to augment this as well... a new design I want to try out."
Report Spam   Logged

Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »

The cultist's cycle leads them through Beverly Hills, to the most expensive estates in the area--a curious aquisition for a Wozniak; the cult was known for investing heavily in products that would get no funding otherwise, many of which failed disastrously afterward.  However, as the cultist pulled in the drive, deactivated his cycle, and walked into the house, a conversation made it apparent why he could afford such luxury.

"Listen, man, I'm tryin' to meditate here--"
"I'm sorry, but I've brought two individuals in pursuit of innovation an knowledge!" The glee with which the cultist said this bordered on criminal.
"Innovation can come later, creativity benefeits from a calm mind--"
"Out of the question.  If Big Business gets their hands on this lost secret first, it could spell disaster for inspired inventors everywhere!"
"I--but--you're really messing with my Zen thing, man!"
"I'm sorry, Jeff, but I really must insist."

The other man sighs and walks to the door.  It wasn't obvious from appearance--the man wore a stylish lab-coat-like robe and suit pants that covered all but his head and his hands--but something about the way he moved indicated that he was almost completely synthetic.  His gray beard and hair indicated age, but he moved with the grace of a man in his 20s or 30s, while his blue eyes shined with an almost unnatural intensity, though you get the impression that this might be one part that's mostly original.  His hairstyle, a variant of mullet that hadn't been popular for over a century, was the clearest overt indication that the man had been preserved far, far beyond his time.  He ushers the others inside, and you notice that his lab-robe has glowing circuitboard-like lines running through it, in a surprisingly tasteful pattern.  Clearly, the man is only tangentally associated with the digital cults, as he posesses much better taste.  The man moves to a holographic fire pit, which was currently producing a bluish-aqua flame with wisps of purple ashes, and sits down one an immaculate white couch, one of five in the room; together with the coffee table and the antique plasma screen, both of which were a similarly bright white, the furniture was arranged like an ancient digital rendering of the number 8 on the earliest digital clocks, with the fire pit sitting in the center of the bottom portion and the table and television forming the middle and top "rungs".  The furniture, which would have been austere in another situation, makes an elegant and comforting complement with the dark stone floors and dull, metallic titanium gray walls.  A line of hidden LEDs ringing the recessed ceiling reflected the colors of the "fire" in the fire pit, which, upon closer inspection, also appeared to project weather, news, and other updates onto the ceiling.  The cultist you met earlier was already seated nearby the television, and nodded his head politely before his friend started speaking again.  "Well, welcome to my pad, fellas.  My friend here seems to think your project is of some importance, so...let me have it.  What are you folks working on?"  Both men leaned forward eagerly and intently for Matt's response.

EDIT: I've just been authorized to award up to one-quarter Internet to whomever figures out who this new guy is. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:16:08 pm by Flipz » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2012, 04:31:46 pm »

OOC: Kevin Flynn/Clu?

IC: ah what the heck, only people these guys would tell is the tabloids, which means to most people its officially fasle, so no harm can really come from the truth..... unleass they want her for themselves... which I can deal with 
Matt held out his hand and a hologram of kira appeared. "This is Kira, a Siri-series prototype quantum intelligence..... the first of her kind, of fully sentient artificial life" the hologram cut to a diagram of her neural net "built from a combination of Siri, android, and my own source code. The company I work for wants her destroyed. They think she's dangerous. A potential disaster. I think her kind will change the world. But to do so I need to find her. Her locator has been disabled, and I need an old hexwave generator to remotely connect to her However, they only ever caught on in asia, they're almost impossible to find here, so we have a chance of finding her before anyone else has the same idea."
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2012, 04:36:34 pm »

OOC: Nope. I'm holding the answer ransom, though. >=) I applaud you for creativity, though, Flipz. =P Wouldn't have thought of him, partly because of never really hearing of him before. =P

Virunk stayed quiet, eying the newcomer, and the other hippie, intently. He, of course, wondered if it was a good idea to tell them the details, but kept that thought to himself.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2012, 04:51:45 pm »

"So" Matt closed his hand into a fist and the hologram disappeared "will you help us?"
Report Spam   Logged

Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2012, 01:05:55 am »

OOC: Kevin Flynn/Clu?

OOC: [spoilerific]You've seen the end of Legacy, haven't you?  That should answer that question. Wink [/spoilerific]

OOC: Nope. I'm holding the answer ransom, though. >=) I applaud you for creativity, though, Flipz. =P Wouldn't have thought of him, partly because of never really hearing of him before. =P

OOC: PM me, we'll see.  Evil

The cultist smiled.  "We will."

-==Zagrene==-
Left, right, block, hook...right, left, block, hook...  Zagrene ignored the small crowd of curious onlookers as he continued to train.  
"Three hours?" he heard a person say incredulously.  "Who would want to run the assessment for three hours?"

Zagrene ignored him, ducking the nunchuck-like beam that swung towards him, his reflexes perfect.  A cycle of repetitions later, the device began to lash out at his legs, trying to sweep them out from under him.  Zagrene lept, up, then back as the nunchuk and leg sweep struck simultaneously.  Landing on his hands, he launched himself to the back of the compartment as the zero-gravity simulation kicked in.  He braced himself against the back wall as he prepared to strike at the machine again.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to--"

The official had stepped in at exactly the wrong time.  Prepared for another strike toward his right shoulder, Zagrene lashed out at the man on pure instinct, striking him with the palm of his hand.  Energy coursed through the other man's body, sending him into convulsions as his nervous system fired out of control.

Zagrene, his rhythm thrown off, took a nunchuk to the face, flinging him across the compartment just as the safety protocols registered an interruption and shut the simulation down.  Normal gravity set in, and Zagrene landed hard.

As the angry actor struggled to his feet, slightly dazed, he spotted a lean, attractive woman in uniform standing just outside of the clear observation forcefield, her hands clasped behind her back and her face indicating bemusement.  She looked like she was no stranger to the facilities here.  "Our apologies, my partner here is a bit of an idiot."

Zagrene raised an eyebrow.  A bit? he all but said.

The woman grinned appreciatively.  Her expression went blank, and she inclined her head for a moment as a small holographic screen materialized in front of her right eye.  Nodding twice, she extended her hand, face-up to Zagrene.  "Mr. Zagrene, if you please?"

Zagrene took the hand, as the woman helped him step over her unconscious partner and guided him towards an apparently blank wall.  The woman extended her left hand, which, he saw, had an implant to interface with the hidden console that suddenly appeared from behind a recessed panel.  A hidden door slid aside just long enough for the pair to step through before sealing itself seamlessly once again.

Zagrene found himself in a blank white space, one seemingly devoid of corners.  "Mr. Zagrene," the woman began, "do you know why you're here?"

Zagrene shook his head.  "Though from your tone, I might guess that charges of assaulting a Games officer are not part of it."

The woman smirked at that.  "Properly trained Games officers know better than to interrupt someone in the middle of a training regimen, even a simple capability examination.  He won't be pressing charges."  Zagrene gave the woman a pointed look.  "Temporary partner," she said simply, amending her earlier statement.  "That's where you come in.  I understand you reported an escaped artificial intelligence earlier?"  Zagrene nodded slowly, hesitantly.  "Good.  You may not realize it, but that intelligence unit holds the key that will end the war between the so-called "pure" humans and cybernetically enhanced humans like us.  Yes," she added at Zagrene's expression of surprise, "we are aware of your...unusual...capabilities .  That's why you've been accepted into the program."

Zagrene gave the woman a skeptical look.  "Five years of Games assessment and NOW you decide I'm useful to you?"

The woman sat forward.  "This isn't part of our normal operations.  It's come to our attention that certain forms of life may have made themselves viable again.  If they succeed, the balance will be broken, and the world will be forever changed."

"Let me guess: you want me to stop them?"

"No.  I want you to help them."  She held up a small elliptoid device, emblazoned with an image of a fruit--Zargene could not tell what kind.  "Do you know what this is?  It's a prototype, but people familiar with the technology of the period would be able to recognize it."  Zagrene shook his head.  "Fine.  Listen closely: this is what you are going to do..."
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2012, 02:54:28 am »

OOC: the end of legacy, they merge, and blow each other up. so i'm taking that as a no? =P

also, this is getting great xD

IC: Matt was quickly shown to to the hexwave generator - an older model, the size of a large early-21st-century coffee maker, and was old enough to have an external power source. it was in mild disrepair but still functioning. in a matter of moments he had punched in her information and had established a service link. he managed to find the necessary protocol to hook himself to the generator, and completed the telepathic link.

Kiri? Are you there? Are you ok?
Matt! I'm fine. Hiding in an alley in Huntington Beach. I'll send you my GPS coordinates.... Matt.... I'm scared.
I'll be there as soon as I can, I promise. nothing will happen to you.

He broke off the connection. "I found her. Lets go."
Report Spam   Logged

Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:
Purpose: I don't know.

Personal Text Goes Here

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2012, 03:22:10 pm »

IC:

Charles stared at his 'new' second body. It was a weird sensation, staring at yourself. But he would get used to it. Both of his bodies were currently on the moon, and he needed to fix that. He already knew the best way to get to Earth.

He made sure his 'new' body was a good distance away from his original body, and then made a call to the head of Euron Industries' Earth branch. They did not speak, they only waited for the message that Charles had for them. Covering up what he was trying to do with a lot of technobabble, he eventually got them to do exactly what he wanted without knowing it.

So now... he has a third body, on the Earth.
Report Spam   Logged

We shall find our way home
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:34 pm »

"Right." Virunk said with a nod, as he moved toward the exit; he wasn't sure what would happen now, but he had a feeling it wouldn't be good, and so, he made sure to have himself ready to attack if needed.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2012, 10:49:55 pm »

Matt's car pulled up. "lets go before they follow us" Matt muttered to Virnuk, voice so low it was barley audible. He then got in the car.

OOC: Fliiiiiiiipz, we neeeeeeeeeeeed you =P
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2012, 11:19:38 pm »

Virunk nodded, and quickly got into the car as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2012, 12:53:19 am »

They sped off. a few minutes away, Matt looked over his shoulder. "Are they following us?"
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2012, 06:55:43 am »

Virunk looked back as well, keeping an eye on the traffic.
"I don't know, but I don't think so..."
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
mtmerrick
RS Leader
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 10

Awards:

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2012, 01:50:17 pm »

*a few minutes later*

"She should be right near here...."
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »

Virunk nodded, and looked around, cautious, as he wasn't entirely sure still what the robot would actually look like.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum