News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 29, 2024, 10:24:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

MOC: Mechanical Engineering Student... I Still Build With LEGO

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MOC: Mechanical Engineering Student... I Still Build With LEGO  (Read 4759 times)
CheshireCat150
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 10

Team: No Team
Purpose: To inspire others to be the best that they can

Set your own goals; reach for the stars.

Badges: (View All)
Search Fifth Year Anniversary Fourth Year Anniversary
« on: May 14, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »

I know that many of the people on MLNO probably don't know me... it has been a while... so I am excited to see which of my friends are still around! I miss my LEGO community. Please let me know if you do remember me!  Wink

So I used to be very active here on MLNO, mostly during the LEGO Universe phase and maybe about a year before that as well. Now I am a college student, studying mechanical engineering full time. LEGO is what started my interest in engineering, and I genuinely feel that I would not be majoring in mechanical engineering if it weren't for LEGO. Naturally, people still ask me if, despite being extremely busy with college, I still find time for LEGO. The answer is yes. In fact, LEGO is helping me cover some of my living expenses.

1) I teach basic engineering skills through LEGO part time. I have about 30 students every semester, ranging in age from 5 years old to 14 years old. My younger students learn how to use gears, pulleys, simple machines, etc. There is also a huge focus on working as a team and using LEGO as a way to communicate thoughts and ideas. My older students learn LEGO Robotics (programming and building) using LEGO Mindstorms and LEGO EV3. Additionally, I am the coach of a FIRST LEGO League team and two Jr. FIRST LEGO League teams (and a FIRST Robotics Competition team, although they don't use LEGO Tongue).

2) I sell items on Etsy. I don't intend to be "advertising" my items here, simply showing how my LEGO journey has continued to grow. When I was young, I stared off with Duplo. Next came regular bricks, then LEGO Mindstorms. Many people assumed that joining a FIRST Robotics Competition team meant that I had "grown out of LEGO." However, this is when I became active on MLNO. Next, of course, came continuing to build with regular LEGO bricks, LEGO Mindstorms, and teaching LEGO robotics summer camps. Then I got an actual part time job teaching LEGO Robotics, and I developed the curriculum and teach the classes myself. My Etsy shop is simply another step of my journey. I love that I get to express myself through LEGO, while connecting people with childhood memories. That is my goal for my Etsy shop.

So, finally, I would like to present to you some of my most recent MOCs:

Here is a link to my Etsy shop. Thanks for reading my post.  Smiley
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MiniEngineering
Report Spam   Logged

"Choosing to be committed to one thing means being less committed to another. Choose wisely."-One of my heroes...
CheesyMy NXT projectsCheesy
Join FLL (ages 9-14) -- Join FTC (ages 14-18) -- Join FRC (ages 14-18)
To the world you maybe be one person, but to one person you may be the world
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:07:20 pm »

SO good to see you again!!
I think it is awesome what you are doing with your interest to further LLEGO, help others, and make a bit of a living. Keep that forever if you can. If you do, you will never dread going to work.

I love your creations.. fun in function!! Wonderful!

I am sure others will remember you as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 06:03:33 pm »

That charm bracelet! =O Those keychains! =O Those look pretty awesome, CC... =O I hadn't actually ever considered that use, and wow. =O
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
elliwhi1008751
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Just hanging around and catching up with old friends Cheesy

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:01:44 pm »

Woah :O Those are awesome! I didn't know you went into engineering
Report Spam   Logged

Rank 10. Retired from MLN but willing to help lower ranks! Russian, pianist, clarinetist, long jumper and hurdler.

MY MLN PAGE: http://mln.lego.com/en-gb/PublicView/elliwhi1008751.aspx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum