News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 04:20:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Japanese animation

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese animation  (Read 3085 times)
Haünter
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation -3

Team: No Team

絶世 美人

Badges: (View All)
Signature Seventh Year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2015, 11:02:03 pm »

The date is in character for Ruka, but Ruka isn't in character for the show.

It's the dating sim-esque stuff that's out of character for the show.

Honestly it's pretty silly to say that Okabe would bother going on a date when there's way more pressing matters to deal with like Sern turning the world into a dystopia.

The date really did come off as fanfiction written by an Okabe/Ruka shipper rather than something that actually happened in a serious sci-fi/thriller-esque show like Steins Gate.

Also episode 22 is the canonical ending to the story. The story does end with Chris being dead and Okabe getting rid of the time travelling machine. The stuff about Okabe saving Chris doesn't follow from the stuff that happened previously and it's just there to pander to people who would like a happy ending.

Basically, Ruka and Feyris are internally consistent, but they don't gel with the genre or the tone SG has. And the stuff about Chris being alive instead of dead basically is a logical non-sequitur.

Watch your language. Last Warning.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:52:05 pm by The Truth » Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2015, 11:26:12 pm »

The show would be a lot better if they got rid of superfluous characters that only exist to pander like Ruka

Screw. that. noise.

I'm sorry. But no. Contrary to what you might think, there might be other reasons. It's people like you who are the problem here.

You are the problem with the world, just because of what you said there, you and everyone else like you.

And on a totally different note, I find it hilarious that you consider it 'serious', when half of it isn't really that serious at all.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2015, 11:29:20 pm »

The show would be a lot better if they got rid of superfluous characters that only exist to pander like Ruka

Screw. that. noise.

I'm sorry. But no. Contrary to what you might think, there might be other reasons. It's people like you who are the problem here.

You are the problem with the world, just because of what you said there, you and everyone else like you.

And on a totally different note, I find it hilarious that you consider it 'serious', when half of it isn't really that serious at all.
Agreed. People like Ruka and Faris exist,and they fit in the SG verse just as well as a computer nerd like Daru or a prodigy scientist like Makise.

As for her supposed to be dead? The whole message of the show was to never give up on your friends! Saving her and Maiyuri was the whole point of the show!
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
Haünter
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation -3

絶世 美人

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2015, 11:45:39 pm »

Screw. that. noise.

Let's hear the reasons and what "the problem" is then.

Well yeah, there is lighthearted parts in it, but by the time the show enters the second half, it definitely does get serious.

Like Mayuri being shot for example. There's nothing lighthearted about that. The idea that the second half isn't serious is what's "hilarious".

As for her supposed to be dead? The whole message of the show was to never give up on your friends! Saving her and Maiyuri was the whole point of the show!

Okabe very clearly said something contradictory to that in ep 22. I'll just get some screenshots so wait a little bit.
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2015, 11:59:09 pm »

Couple other things.

Okabe's not a jerk. Especially to his friends. That, combined with the fact that Ruka kinda was the only one who could've helped out with the resetting of the time travel stuff, is why he went out with her. She wanted to have good memories. And quite honestly, Okabe pretty much had control over that present time loop anyway, he could afford like 100 time loops to try(and miserably fail) to save Mayuri. By that point, he could spare two hours to not be a giant jerk to one of his closest friends.

Let's hear the reasons and what "the problem" is then.

Because maybe people might just want actual good representation, instead of being told again, and again, and freaking again that they aren't real people, just because life decides to say 'screw you!' to having any sort of nice things.

And the problem? That you, and people like you, are close minded jerks who objectifies people and turns them into just... well, objects. Stripping people of any respect, just so the jerks can feel better about themselves. Like that 'several of my favourite characters' stunt. That's like pulling the 'my best friend is a person of colour, so I can be racist!' card, which is equally idiotic.

Well yeah, there is lighthearted parts in it, but by the time the show enters the second half, it definitely does get serious.

Like Mayuri being shot for example. There's nothing lighthearted about that. The idea that the second half isn't serious is what's "hilarious".

It's more serious, but even then it has its moments of light heartedness. Mayuri being shot is serious, though, yes; and so is Kurisu back in the first episode. Doesn't mean there's no lighthearted parts at all.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 12:20:10 am »

Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Haünter
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation -3

絶世 美人

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 01:31:30 am »

@Blade: MsRR said I should refrain talking about such things completely, so I'm going to end the Steins Gate discussion now. Sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

Haünter
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation -3

絶世 美人

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 06:44:15 am »

Does anybody else buy DVDs?
Report Spam   Logged

Micah477
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 3

Purpose: Improvement

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 12:38:02 am »

Anyone else watching the new 'One Punch Man' anime? Some top notch stuff right there Cheesy

Does anybody else buy DVDs?

DVD's cost money ;_;
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 12:10:22 pm »

Haven't had a chance to watch it, but I hear it's absolutely fantastic. =O
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Micah477
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 3

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 04:33:30 pm »

Winter break is quickly approaching, what are you all planning on starting/catching up on/rewatching with the free time?

Haven't had a chance to watch it, but I hear it's absolutely fantastic. =O

You've heard that because it is absolutely fantastic Cheesy The hype is pretty well lived up to!
Report Spam   Logged

The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 04:37:51 pm »

I've been watching Rage of Bahamut: Genesis and Sakurako's Investigations lately.
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 04:49:22 pm »

Heh, from the few handful of scenes I've noticed, I can agree. ^^ Just need to find a way to watch it; maybe it's on crunchyroll...
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Micah477
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 3

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 10:44:35 pm »

I've been watching Rage of Bahamut: Genesis and Sakurako's Investigations lately.

Those two look pretty cool from a glance at wiki, I may try to finish those over winter break =o

Heh, from the few handful of scenes I've noticed, I can agree. ^^ Just need to find a way to watch it; maybe it's on crunchyroll...

Each site has a bunch of ads and whatnot, but I guess if you have adblock you should be able to watch it wherever. I've just been watching it on animetofu, I've never used the site before this show but it seems alright as far as I can tell =/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:53:18 pm by Micah477 » Report Spam   Logged

The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 09:44:16 pm »

Anyone who hasn't seen Rage of Bahamut needs to watch it now. It's a rare example of an awesome high fantasy anime, the characters are great, and I like the world - it's an odd mix of Christian and Ancient Greek mythology.
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum