News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
September 22, 2017, 06:30:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

FRAUD ON AMAZON

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FRAUD ON AMAZON  (Read 131 times)
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Badges: (View All)
« on: December 15, 2016, 11:51:16 pm »

There is ANOTHER new scam on Amazon...and I got snagged.
Vendors listed under More Buying Choices, and with the line
" !!Cöntact me BëFORE Ördëring**SALES (AT) US-GIFTS COM!**" Will respond after the buyer sends a legitimate email through Amazon with a note that says:
Hi,
contact us at
SALES
@
US-GIFTS
COM
with item full name and price for availability.
Thank you.
US-GIFTS Team

They then follow up with an email directly to you,
Thank you for contacting us. The Yiynova MSP19U+V5 Tablet Monitor, 2 Pen Kits, DVII Input, Analog/Digital Dual Engine (Mac & Windows & Linux) is available for the price of $300.00, like advertised on Amazon.
The item is brand new in unopened box and fully covered by A-to-Z Amazon Guarantee.
The price is lower than usual because this item has been selected to be part of the big Amazon Christmas Sponsored Offer (ACSO) and 50% of the total price is covered by Amazon in an effort to promote their gift card offers.
You can say that this offer is sponsored by Amazon! It is a limited time offer, available only for today.

In order to take advantage of this amazing price, please send us your full name and shipping address and I will place an order on Amazon for you; and then you receive the order confirmation from them with all details about the next steps to complete your purchase.
We will reserve the item and you will soon receive the order confirmation from Amazon.

The stock is limited and the faster you will reply, your chances to buy this item with the ACP will increase.

Thank you
Leticia Rammal
US-GIFTS Team
The next email says
Hi,

Everything is setup.
You should receive an invoice from Amazon with further details.
Please keep me updated when you receive it.

Thank you
The next email comes from "Amazon Payments [payments@codes-amazon.com]"
and looks very legit..
Order Confirmation
Hello M.l. Steinmann,
Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "Yiynova MSP19U+V5 Tablet Monitor, 2 Pen Kits, DVII Input, Analog/Digital Dual Engine (Mac & Windows & Linux)". We'll send a confirmation when your item ships.
Details

Order #116-8197626-9884026

Arriving:
Wednesday, December - 14
Sunday, December - 18

Your delivery option:
Standard Delivery
Ship to:
M.l. Steinmann
Portland, Or 97219
United States

Total Before Tax: $300.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $300.00

Payment Details
What you are required to do to complete this transaction is to obtain an Amazon.com Gift Card in the value of $300.00 USD.
How to complete the payment

To purchase your Amazon.com Gift Card follow the instructions as detailed below, when prompted:

Enter your gift card details

1. To order a gift card or gift voucher, click here.
2. In the "Enter Amount" field input the balance you want to transfer. ($300)
3. In the "To" field choose your E-mail Address.
4. "Message": Leave this field empty.
5. In the "Delivery Date" field choose Now.
6. Click "Proceed to Checkout". Once you have placed your order, your Amazon.com Gift card claim code will be emailed to you immediately.

Information and instructions about order:
Please note!
Do not redeem this Amazon.com Gift Card to your Amazon account!
Click here If you need further assistance.

To confirm your payment to Amazon, please reply to this email with the following details:

1) Amazon.com Gift Card Claim Code
2) Gift Card Value
3) Screenshot of the Gift Card

We guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via Amazon Payments. Customers who pay for purchases from Amazon Marketplace via Amazon Payments are eligible to receive all amount of the purchase price, including delivery charges.
Click here If you need further assistance.
We hope to see you again soon.
Amazon.com

The payment for your invoice is processed by Amazon International Payments, Inc. P.O. Box 81226 Seattle, Washington,1996-2016, Amazon, Inc.

After you purchase the gift card and send the info to the vendor, your money is gone. And your grandson doesn't get the only item he asked for for Christmas.
I spent hours on the phone with Amazon, Thought it was all straightened out, only to get a form letter that didn't even mention the fraud or the gift card.. only the original order payment and cancellation.

.. a day after I was scammed, I googled the phrase !!Cöntact me BëFORE Ördëring**SALES (AT) US-GIFTS COM!** and there are several posts at Reddit and other places.. so I wasn't the only fool that fell for this.. 6 years of college didn't help a bit!
I doesn't look like Amazon is doing much about this, as far as stopping the seller...

Worst part... I can't find the tablet he wanted anywhere that can get it here in time for Christmas

Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: