News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 18, 2024, 10:18:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Count to a Million

Pages: 1 ... 3713 3714 3715 3716 [3717] 3718 3719 3720 3721 ... 3729   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Count to a Million  (Read 896121 times)
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #74320 on: September 24, 2018, 04:21:16 pm »

Especially now, when I am recuperating...

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-secretly-logs-users-into-chrome-whenever-they-log-into-a-google-site/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=24890760153647996239605009627683

Google has made an important change to the way the Chrome browser works, a move the company did not advertise to its users in any way, and which has serious privacy repercussions.

According to several reports [ 1, 2, 3], starting with Chrome 69, whenever a Chrome user would access a Google-owned site, the browser would take that user's Google identity and log the user into the Chrome in-browser account system --also known as Sync.

This system, Sync, allows users to log in with their Google accounts inside Chrome and optionally upload and synchronize local browser data (history, passwords, bookmarks, and other) to Google's servers.

Sync has been present in Chrome for years, but until now, the system worked independently from the logged-in state of Google accounts. This allowed users to surf the web while logged into a Google account but not upload any Chrome browsing data to Google's servers, data that may be tied to their accounts.

Now, with the revelations of this new auto-login mechanism, a large number of users are angry that this sneaky modification would allow Google to link that person's traffic to a specific browser and device with a higher degree of accuracy.

That criticism proved to be wrong, as Google engineers have clarified on Twitter that this auto-login operation does not start the process of synchronizing local data to Google's servers, which will require a user click.

Furthermore, they also revealed that the reason why this mechanism was added was for privacy reasons in the first place. Chrome engineers said the auto-login mechanism was added in the browser because of shared computers/browsers.

When one or more users would be using the same Chrome browser, data from one or more users would accidentally be sent to another person's Google account.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Wantija$$$
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

no

500 Posts Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary
« Reply #74321 on: October 06, 2018, 12:07:31 am »

More of a reason to use Firefox or it's forks, and happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #74322 on: October 09, 2018, 08:16:12 pm »

More of a reason to use Firefox or it's forks, and happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Yup.. I do use firefox, because chrome does not allow spybot!
Report Spam   Logged

MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #74323 on: October 14, 2018, 10:56:28 am »

Firefox spies on you a bit too, their telemetry is very aggressive. I recommend the Pale Moon fork.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #74324 on: October 14, 2018, 01:42:28 pm »

Have you ever used spybot S&D??
Report Spam   Logged

The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #74325 on: October 15, 2018, 07:57:33 am »

No, I tend to just use Malwarebytes+ADWCleaner and UBlock Origin alongside the Windows 10 built in security.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #74326 on: October 20, 2018, 04:01:18 am »

I've always used adblock plus and spybotS&D
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #74327 on: October 20, 2018, 04:14:31 pm »

well, can't say either way for the other, but uBlock Origin is basically just a less behind-the-scenes-sketchy updated version of AdBlock; I've been using it since I got my new laptop ^^
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Quark
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Linux User
« Reply #74328 on: October 20, 2018, 06:32:23 pm »

Checking in again but my profile is massively outdated presumably. Life has been quite something for me. Tongue Hope everyone here is doing well though, I'll check in a bit more regularly.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #74329 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:08 pm »

Hey Roddy, what's new in your world?
Report Spam   Logged

Quark
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #74330 on: October 24, 2018, 03:33:34 am »

Very, very long story TBH. 2018 not been the best year for me, dad got cancer (he's doing okay now though, clear for a few months now but on dialysis) which was discovered at the start of the year. Had that to deal with for a few months. I've completely moved course in university too in September.

Probably the biggest personal change is I've been questioning a lot recently. Don't really care how accepting people are here but I've kind of come to the realisation that I'm probably trans. I've been going as Quark online which some people have made an effort of using and others don't really remember which is fine. Quark because physics but also because it's not overtly feminine so I don't need to out myself to people I don't want to (like my brother and parents...). I'm going to try and see someone on this on Monday though for the first time to see what exactly I need to do to sort it all out in my head given I'm not sure about some stuff. I could completely overshare on this stuff but I'll try not to do that. Tongue So yeah......
Report Spam   Logged
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #74331 on: October 24, 2018, 03:19:56 pm »

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm definitely accepting and yeah ^^ You could change your display name here too if you want, I think that should still work ^^ Good luck on Monday too!

Also, nice avatar ^^
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
Quark
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #74332 on: October 24, 2018, 05:21:47 pm »

Thanks! I was kind of careful about who and when I came out to people but honestly I'm getting a bit more used to it now so I can probably put with people giving me a negative reaction at this stage given I don't dislike myself for being trans as much as I did initially at least (I am super accepting of trans people just I guess less so for myself). I did actually look at changing the name but it doesn't look like I can and tbh I'm not overly bothered, I can't really erase the past and I've just got to embrace that because the person who made the account is still me after all.

Monday will be tough to be honest, for one I don't know if the drop in session still even runs and I'm kind of nervous already about going to it even though the guy who's there has probably seen it all at this stage.

And yeah I was going to pick something else for the avatar but I had nothing really besides it to use on the phone. It's from Forza Horizon 4, I've been tricking people with screenshots from it because some of them look that good that people ask me if it's a real photo and it's pretty funny.
Report Spam   Logged
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #74333 on: October 24, 2018, 06:18:07 pm »

hmmm, I should look into that; the settings were giving me trouble the other day too... is the option there at all, or is it giving an error, or anything else? I could help out there if you wanted, honestly ^^ I get what you mean about being careful, though, that's something that... really takes getting used to, really.

It's very fair and valid to be nervous, and yeah, I totally get that. I wish you luck for sure, though ^^

Oooh, nice! It's pretty neat how realistic the racing games have been getting, and that was an A+ design on the car too ^^
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Quark
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #74334 on: October 24, 2018, 06:33:53 pm »

Yeah I just can't change it, the username field isn't editable, I can change emails and all that. Isn't such a big deal here though given there's not a large crowd or anything. I've paid up for my XBL gamertag to be changed and everything though because I cringed every time I saw it, not because I'm trans or anything just it was a terrible name and I'm on a crusade to rebrand. Tongue

Yeah, the car design is quite something. I started back in June basically after pride month the idea that I would design a car that includes the flags that best represent parts of who I am. More so as a response to some communities I'm in on discord not being that accepting of anything like that. The idea started as a terrible job in photoshop using Project Cars 2. It was originally 1 flag on the car but because I'm now at 3 I've found Forza Horizon 4 the best way to do it because I'm like a child using photoshop, my strategies are the equivalent of finger painting. Tongue I've got a few cars/vans with similar designs but the one I'm using in the avatar is the only one with all three flags and it's really the only fully complete one so that it looks like a legitimate race car.

Sorry I can really drone on about stuff like that. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #74335 on: October 24, 2018, 06:41:53 pm »

Ohhh, looked at it more, is there like a "change" option in brackets? I'm sorry if I'm making a big deal out of it, I'm just trying to see if this is something that I can fix in the admin panel or something else. xP I think there should be a way to like, change the name displayed that isn't the username name, but yeah ^^

Oh wow, that is a very cool idea! I'm sorry that those communities aren't that accepting, though =/ It'd be neat to see a full-sized image of it, though, it looks pretty cool ^^

No worries, that's a cool thing imo ^^
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Quark
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #74336 on: October 24, 2018, 07:20:35 pm »

^ What I see.

It's cool about the communities. I'm kind of used to some of the people there being like that now given I've been putting up with them for about a year now, don't ask me why because IDK the answer. Some people seem to pretend like I no longer exist on them but hey that's fine they weren't that nice to begin with anyway so no loss. One person left a server entirely in part because I was made a mod which to some extent I find hilarious.

They are kind of interesting because they are "LEGO" communities, kind of like the second generation of places like this. They started popping up after the LMBs closed. I've kind of tried to help them out given I've been around the block already with MLNT and all that but IDK the drama on them is usually pretty similar to the drama of the past.

As for full-sized image of my avatar, I got you covered. Tongue

All the photos I've actually put up to the gallery then are here:
https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery/SkepticQuark?title=FH4
Report Spam   Logged
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #74337 on: October 24, 2018, 07:51:09 pm »

Welll, huh, that's an oddity; lemme look into that, it should be able to be changed; might be something I changed up a while ago to prevent it from being overused back when things were more active here. (after writing that I found the option and fixed it ^^)

Ahhh, I get what you mean, but wow, dang =/ that's a pretty good way to look at it though ^^

Oh dang, wow =O I guess I can see that happening, it just almost feels like there's something about that which invites repeating the old drama. =/ hopefully things can get better, but yeah, I definitely see how that could happen =/

That's very cool! ^^ I like the look of it a lot, and it's neat that that level of customization is possible in Forza! maybe I'm a little too surprised there, but I think the last car customization thingy I've seen was like, Gran Turismo 4, and it had like, just choosing parts to colour a solid colour xP
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Quark
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #74338 on: October 24, 2018, 08:07:37 pm »

Ay! Tongue I might as well change it now, thanks. Cheesy

Yeah, the Forza games have a lot of customisation of what the cars look like, it's a bit awkward to get used to it but you can do a lot with it, plus the logos and stuff were actually made by other people and I just used them. As far as I understand they are entirely made by shapes and such though, you can't import images or anything so those people have my respect for putting things like the Flex Tape logo into the game. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #74339 on: October 24, 2018, 08:21:36 pm »

You're welcome! ^^

Oh wow, that sounds pretty intricate then =O Whoever made that logo has my respect too if it was all shapes xP
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Pages: 1 ... 3713 3714 3715 3716 [3717] 3718 3719 3720 3721 ... 3729   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum