News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 12:54:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Ray of Hope illustrations--SPOILERS AHEAD

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray of Hope illustrations--SPOILERS AHEAD  (Read 1459 times)
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Team: No Team
Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« on: December 16, 2008, 12:44:13 am »

Hey, Jas!  Looks like I'm your first customer!  Grin Shocked Roll Eyes cool

Once I'm done with my current LU Creation Lab serial "The Mines of Doom", I'd like you to illustrate my next serial, "Ray of Hope".  In a nutshell, it explains how me and several other LU users originally lived in an alternate Star Wars universe, and how we came to live in LU.  It will explain Flipz' backstory as well as how he got his "Plasma Hand", and will also reveal the backstory of Obliteron and several other villains I've created.  This weekend I should be able to get you the backstory and possibly some photos of the characters.  FYI, a large portion of this story feature the "Exarthian" creations by Farplanet, as seen on the LU Creation Lab.

Thanks for helping me out with this!  I was worried I'd have to terminate the project due to MoD delays... you truly are a Godsend.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:18:59 pm by Jas765 » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 02:19:01 am »

UPDATE: Hey, Jas, since MaraJade312, {502}Venom312, MSROWDYREDHEAD, and Matchoupatchou#1 will be in Ray of Hope, could you draw them based off this pic so I can see the kind of style you'll be using?

Also, I wanted to let you know that RoH will be a frame story.  The "frame" synopsis is as follows:
[SPOILER]
Beeky31, Flipz, and Treecleaver have asked MSROWDYREDHEAD, Marajade312, and Matchoupatchou#1 to help them track down the thief or thieves who have stolen many items from the Order of the Cloven Tree (including the Golden Katana and the catastrophically dangerous Random Crystal).  Howver, shortly before they depart, MJ has a disturbing vision of the danger they will be facing, so she asks {502}Venom312, Mindless1987, Jas765 and SpaceDude1234567 to accompany them.  When they reach the thieves' camp, the thief uses the Golden Katana to disarm them all, before revealing that she is, in fact  Luna Miyalu, who was not killed as originally thought.  Before she can finish them off, however, her "Master" steps out of the tent...and it is none other than Obliteron!  His companion, Cy Bourg also steps out of the tent, and the three villians taunt Flipz, MJ, Venom, Mindless, Match, and SpaceDude, revealing that they are more than just users...they really live within the game world!  Luna thus begins her tale of their origins a long time ago, in an alternate universe far, far away...
[/SPOILER]
So, what do you think?  I'll have the full cast of RoH photographed for you by the New Year (I hope),  minus the cast of the frame story.  If you want, though, look up pictures of Star Wars Imperial Knights for reference-several of the heroes of the story will be Imperial Knights, so this way you could get some concept ideas for LEGO versions.

EDIT: PS, sould you add "--SPOILERS AHEAD" to the topic title?  I wouldn't want someone to inadvertently stumble across the entire plot of the story without knowing what they were getting in to.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:00:17 pm by Blade » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: purples

Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 09:19:42 pm »

Done. I'll get to work on the 'concept art' tomorrow, as my auntie's coming in around half an hour.
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 08:36:06 pm »

Hey, Jas, here's another big story update.  FYI, MSRR knows this much, since it could affect her planned story.

in "Ray of Hope" I'm going to reveal that MJ, Match, Venom, and I originally came from an alternate version of the Star Wars universe, one in which the Sith rule the Galaxy and the Galactic Empire is a good force whose Imperial Knights fight against the Sith. MJ, Match, and I are part of a group of Imperial Knights who are going to stop the Dark Jedi Obliteron before he can complete the Mass Shadow Generator.  With us are fellow Imperial Knights Cy Bourg, Shira Brie (known in LU as Luna Miyalu), and Princess Niobe Fel, along with MJ's Jedi/Bounty hunter boyfriend Venom, his Jedi partner Mindless1987, and their Mandalorian ally known only as "The Space Man" (Spacedude1234567).  We infiltrate Obliteron's base, but unbeknownst to us former Sith researcher Krystal Duon has also traveled to the base, along with an army of Sith who now seek her and the Faynex Talisman that bonded with her over 3,000 years ago.  A battle ensues, and Brie's reckless use of Force Lightning activates the incomplete Mass Shadow Generator, which opens a portal into the Zone of Darkness (a pocket dimension that acts as a portal to many other universes.  The portal swallows not only the base but the entire moon before collapsing.

Shortly thereafter, Obliteron is rescued when Dr. Destructo tests his Doomsday Device for the first time.  The Device opens a portal to the Zone of Darkness, and Obliteron uses the opportunity to escape.  He immediately allies himself with Dr. Destructo, and this leads to the events in my first story.

Meanwhile, those of us trapped in the Zone of Darkness begin trying to repair the Mass Shadow Generator in order to escape.  However, Krystal, who has used the power of her Talisman to infect most of the Sith with nanites to brainwash them, begins to ambush the Imperials.  Bourg, and Brie are taken and infected, but before they can infect the others, a Kagharak in LU opens a portal to the Zone to threaten you and 2Mak07.  MJ and Venom, who have just found their freighter, rescue us (the Imperials) and fly us out of the Zone (Unknown to us, Brie and Bourg tagged along on the exterior of the freighter).  We spot you and 2Mak07 and rescue you, and in return you help us establish our LU identities and pledge to protect our secret.

Some more stuff happens afterward (including Spacedude1234567 and me getting captured by Bourg and infected with nanites), but that's pretty much all the info that might be pertinent to the LU/MLNO/MLN Team story.
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:39:35 pm »

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Sorry for the long wait, It's hard to find time for it.
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Sorry for the long wait, It's hard to find time for it.
I know what you mean.  MoD took a two-month hiatus in November because I was so busy!
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 12:20:47 am »

Hey, Jas, how's the concept art coming?
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 01:36:44 am »

It's a bit hard to do, considering the camera angle of the picture. Could you give me a more face-on picture of the characters?
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 06:25:01 pm »

Sure thing, though it may have to wqait about a week (so I can finish MoD photography).

FYI, more story info:  Someone helps MSRR and 2Mak07 rescue us Imperials, and is in on the secret (don't know why I forgot to put that in earlier...  Huh?).  He will help SpaceDude1234567 learn to control his powers (and get hurt pummelled beaten to a pulp during the process).

BTW, you and probably 2Mak07 will be based off their MLN 'figs, so that might make it easier for you.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:00:49 pm by Blade » Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 02:35:02 am »

Hey, Jas, here's an update on RoH.  I'm almost ready to send you a sample script so you can get started.  I'll try to get those other pics for you (sorry it's taking so long), but for now I'd like you to give me concept art for the following characters:

*Captain Peachbeard: A Pirate captain.  I think you can guess what his beard looks like.  Wink  Anything's OK for him, but I'd prefer him to be dark-colored and not have a peg leg or eyepatch.

*Peachbeard's assistant: A short guy with a long nose.  He likes the color green a lot, and has a green bandana.

*2-4 other Peachbeard Pirates: don't worry about these guys too much, they'll just be in the background holding a treasure chest, shortly before dropping it to run away from an avalanche of peaches.

*Young Treecleaver: He should look like this, but without a shield, and his bandana should be replaced with Dr. Inferno's hair , but in brown.  Also, the "canister" on his neck should be drawn separately (he doesn't have the Retractible Spatula yet).

*Young Beeky31: He should look somewhat like this, but he'll only be armed with the dagger and a *small* hammer (or possibly a sword).  If you can make him look younger and less experienced than that, it would be great; the idea is that these are the characters before the became the heroes we know today (indeed, this is a part of the story that takes place before Beeky and TC meet me or SpaceDude!

Note: I plan to use Young Beeky and especially Young Treecleaver as previews for "Ray of Hope," so if you like how they come out please feel free to post them in the LU CL, just make sure to include "Ray of Hope Preview" and include my name in the tags.  It might also help if you mention in the description that "Ray of Hope" will come out after I finish "Mines of Doom" and that you will be illustrating it.

*Imperial Knight Flipz: I'll upload a pic of him to the LU CL by next week.

*Shadow Warrior/SpaceDude1234567: The concept segment won't require him to have his weapons, but I'll include the links to the pics with his weapons in case you want to draw them, too.  SpaceDude will be doing a running effect at one point very similar to Fox's B-side move in Super Smash Bros Brawl, and I would like to see concept art for that as well.  Grin

*I need to PM him to make his minifig as he wants it to appear in the story; once that's done I'll let you know.

*raft: Beeky and TC will be tied to a simple raft with a small mast that has a crossbeam.  The sails will have been removed, but a red bandana (yes, that one...) and the canister (retracted Retractable Spatula) will be laying on it.

I'll get you the sample script soon, but until then, Play Well, and God Bless.

-flipz
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:02:23 pm by Blade » Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 12:03:57 am »

How is this coming along? BTW, I posted a pic of my Imperial Knight form in the LU CL yesterday, so it should show up soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 03:36:03 am »

Okay, here's a 'beta' for young treecleaver:

I don't really like how the hair turned out. could you post a more face-on pic?
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 09:51:30 pm »

Hmm...now that I see it I'm not sure I like that hairstyle.  Could you maybe try this one? 

(BTW, TC's shirt should still be tan, just without the equipment on it.  Wink)

Also, could you do a hand-drawn version?  I just want to see so I can make the final decision as to whether the story should be done by hand or by computer.

In other news, here is the complete meta-framework for the entire story:

The story will start in the present day, and will seem almost like just another adventure.  However, after the heroes encounter the villian(s), a huge secret will be revealed about certain characters' past.  At that point, the story will enter the first major flashback sequence, which will encompass the alt. SW arc.  This flashback arc will also introduce the Exarthian Plague, though not by that name.  Once that story has been told, we will return to the present, and a sudden catastrophe will put everyone in danger (heroes and villians alike).  Everyone will get separated into smaller groups, and over the course of the rest of the present-day adventure, there will be two more flashback sequences (interlaced with the present-day ation).  One will involve the Alt. SW characters' first few days in LU, while the other will detail Sam's adventures on the Exarthian, as well as the unexpected turn of events that lets him prove himself a hero. (A third, shorter flashback sequence explaining the true origins of the Plague may or may not be inserted/included as a bonus feature.)  Finally, when everything looks hopeless (and I mean hopeless!), Sam will fly in and save everyone.  However, the true villian will still be loose, and after an epic confrontation, the loose ends will be tied up and the story ended.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 08:35:54 pm by flipz » Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 02:24:30 am »

Hmm...

It's up to you.
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 04:17:25 pm »

Hmm...try keeping the sideburns from the old version (as well as that bit of hair that hangs over the face) and then have the top styled like the new version.  It should have a lot of volume (like the first one) but also be neat, clean, and easy to draw (like the second one).  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 04:47:41 pm »

Should we change the colour of the beard, because he has brown hair?
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »

Good idea.  Maybe it should have just a hint of brown in it.
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 05:56:07 pm »

Like this?

Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 07:04:59 pm »

Perfect!!!  Could you post it to the LU Creation Lab under the name "RoH Teaser 2-Young Treecleaver"?

Here's a sample description; feel free to change anything that doesn't work:

After a series of unusual events, several heroes (and villians) escape the Zone of Darkness into LEGO Universe.  Not long after their arrival, they meet Treecleaver, who is trying to secure his reputation as the greatest adventurer in the Universe, at an item trading event called "The Beta Bazzar".  When disaster strikes the Bazzar, however, Treecleaver and his friend Beeky31 quickly team up with the heroes to defeat the menace...

This is how Treecleaver will appear in the "Early Days" flashback sequence of Flipz' upcoming story serial, "Ray of Hope", which will be illustrated by me.

EDIT: Quote tags added for clarity. Wink

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 07:21:56 pm by flipz » Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 11:05:53 pm »

'K.
Could you make a description for Jas, so I can put that one up, too?
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum