News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 19, 2024, 02:50:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Ray of Hope illustrations--SPOILERS AHEAD

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray of Hope illustrations--SPOILERS AHEAD  (Read 1497 times)
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: purples

Badges: (View All)
Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 10:36:15 pm »

I'm trying to work on image 3, but I don't have Flipz' hair piece. Could you please post pictures of it on as many different angles as possible?
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Team: No Team
Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:21 pm »

Nice work on the new illustrations!  However, I need you to put them aside for now--I have the script for the first part of RoH ready for you, so I'm going to type it up now. 
Here's panel 1:

Ray of Hope Act I: The Unforseen Quest:

Part 1
1.)
I: Scene: The exterior of the Kalmor Cantina, at night.  The main sign has a light shining on it, as does a wooden marquee to the right saying, “Now Pl…JON…” (the marquee reads “Now Playing: Jonas Bros.”, but most of the sign is cut off by the edge of the panel.)  Three silhouettes in the background are running near the left side, pursued by the silhouettes of a mob of crazed fans.  (The implication is that they escaped from the back door of the Cantina.)
Silhouette 2 (small text): Run for it, Nick!

II: Scene: The interior of the Kalmor.  Wide shot, towards the doorway.  (The bar is in the middle of the left half of the panel, with the doorway in about the same position on the right half.  The line representing the corner is just to the left of the middle line of the panel.)  The Cantina is mostly empty, though the debris, overturned chairs, and damage to the stage and equipment indicate that it had recently been occupied by hordes of screaming fans who swarmed the stage not too long ago.  Captain MacDonald, the bartender, stands behind the bar, cleaning the inside of the glass with a rag, and Beeky31, Treecleaver, and Bootsie606 have just sat down at the bar.
CMD: Well, G’day fellas!  ‘Tis been a Kracken’s age since I seen ye last, eh mate?
TC: We’ve been kinda busy.  Business has been slow these days.
CMD: I don’t doubt it, wi’ the economy sinkin’ like a shipful o’ angry wombats.  So, what’ll it be?
B31: Oh, the usual.

III: Scene: TC and B31 from Captain MacDonald’s view.
CMD: All ri’, here ya go.  A Cherry Root Beer for Treecleaver—
TC: Yes!
CMD: —an’ a steamin’ mug o’ Peach Cider for Beeky31.
B31: Captain MacDonald, I keep telling you to call me “Beeky”.
CMD: I’ll call ya “Beeky” when you call me “Roger”.
B31: Fair ‘nuff.

IV: Scene: B606 from Capt. MacDonald’s view.  An empty barstool is to the left of Bootsie, and the cantina doorway is in the background behind said barstool.  Flipz is standing in the doorway, holding a sealed scroll up in triumph (left hand).
CMD: And what would you like, me li’l joey?
B606: I’ll have a—
Flipz: Eureka!  I finally got it!

Incidentally, I can't access my main computer right now (the motherboard died), so the photos will have to wait.  Do you happen to have any Agents sets?  Because Agents Chase and Fuse both have the same hairpiece, just in different colors.  Oh, and I like the new font for the pirates, but I prefer the first one be used for the "normal" characters.  If you have a computer-ish font, it might work well for thr brickghouls-essentially a cross between Rakghouls (from Star Wars) and the Borg, but done in a lego-esque manner.  If you look at Farplanet's "Exarthian" creation, you can see them in the background behind Sam Magalore.

Panel 2 soon...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 11:53:33 pm by Flipz » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 12:28:05 am »

Image 2:

I: Scene: Flipz standing at the end of the bar.  Actually, he's leaning against the wall--and dangerously close to a wall-mounted torch... (NOTE: The shot shows the entire bar end-on.  Nearest the camera is Beeky, then Treecleaver, then Bootsie, then the empty barstool.  Capt. McD is even with Bootsie.)

TC: So you got it??  The last remaining map to the Lost Treasure Caverns of Beardbeard the great?
Flipz: Yup!
TC: Wow!
B31: You're on fire!
Flipz: No, it was just a matter of paying the right people--
B31: No, I mean your sleeve is on fire!

II: Scene: the end of the bar, with Flipz to the right (the wall with the torch is now the background).  CMD is just setting a pitcher of water on the end of the table.  Flipz is looking at his shoulder in confusion.

Flipz: Huh?

III: Scene: same as before, but CMD is no longer holding the pitcher and is looking at Flipz.  Flipz' arms are flailing wildly, and he is trying to put out his flaming shoulder with the scroll (make this look as cartoonish and silly as possible).

Flipz: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!

IV: Scene: same as before, but CMD is now looking at the scroll.  Flipz' shoulder, while slightly blackened, is no longer on fire.  He is sagging with relief.  The scroll, which he is holding casually at his side, however, is now smoking ominously...

Image 3:

I: Scene: same as before, but now Flipz is looking at the scroll (which is now on fire) the same way he was looking at his shoulder...

Flipz: Huh?!?!

II: Scene: samee as before, but Flipz is now swinging the scroll up and down wildly in an attempt to make it go out.

Flipz: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!

III: Scene: same as before, but now Flipz has plunged the scroll into the pitcher of water to put it out.  The flame is gone, and a large amount of steam is emanating from the pitcher.

SFX: Splash!
SFX: HISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

IV: Scene: Same as before, but flipz is again sagging with relief.

Flipz: Phew!

Image 4:

I: Scene: same as before, but the view is shifted a little further to the left, so that Bootsie is now visible.

B606: Hey, Flipz?
Flipz: Hmm?
B606: That's the last copy of that map in the Universe, right?

II: Scene: same as before.

Flipz: Yeah.  Why?

III: Scene: same as before.  No dialogue.

IV: Scene: same as before, but CMD is walking towards the left edge of the panel.  Flipz is looking down at the scroll, worried (and a bit chagrined).

Flipz: ...oh...
CMD: I'll go get the hair dryer.

Image 5:

I: Scene: the outside of the cantina again, but this time without the mob.  The lights on the marquee and the main sign are out, but there is still light coming out of the doorway.  Also, it is now raining.  A trio of silhouettes (actually Jas765, Sloopofwar, and LegoAlienGuy894, though this shouldn't be obvious) are standing in conference outside.

Jas: ...and you're sure they're all in there?
LAG894: Positive.
Sloopofwar: Are you sure this is a good idea?  Treecleaver's gonna roast us alive when he finds out.

II: Scene: same as above

Jas: Don't worry.  If everything goes to plan, none of us will get hurt.  Say, mind if I borrow your cloak?
Sloopofwar: Not at all.
Jas: Alright, then, here I go...

III: Scene: Interior of the cantina.  the left Half of the panel is blocked out by the robe of the silhouette (the camera is at a very low angle).  The end of the bar is visible in the distance of the right half, where Bootsie and Flipz bent over the unfurled scroll, drying it with a hair dryer.  CMD is standing behind the bar and looking at the silhouette's face (which happens to be well above the top border of the panel).  The edge of the doorway is visible along the right border of the panel (i.e. Jas is standing in the doorway).

CMD: Can I help ye?  If yer lookin' for a drink, I'm sorry to say we're closed.

IV: Scene: the lower half of Jas' face, specifically his mouth.  (We're deliberately obscuring his identity to build suspense.)

Jas: That's alright.  I'm not here for a drink.
=
Jas: I need to talk to Treecleaver.
=
Jas: Alone.

Incidentally, if you can improve your or Captain MacDonald's dialogue, please do so.  I'm trying to make CMD sound like a cross between Steve Irwin and a pirate, and I want you to sound like yourself.  I'm usually pretty good at making an accent apparent through dialogue, but since you actually live in Australia...  Wink

Also, If you need a reference for the good Captain's appearance, just look at my LU creation of the Kalmor Cantina. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 12:34:11 am »

Heeeeloooooooooooooooo?  Anyone here?
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 01:38:18 am »

I've been busy with school, so I haven't got any of this done yet.
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Jas765
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2010, 05:50:55 pm »

*sigh*
On christmas eve, my computer broke, making me have to get a new one.
I have said new computer now.
However, the program I used to make these pictures does not work on my new computer.
I'm not sure how I'm going to do these, now.
Report Spam   Logged

siggity dig
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum