News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 11:11:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

2008 Election Debate

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Election Debate  (Read 3660 times)
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Team: No Team
Purpose: Complete the objective, regardless of cost.

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2009, 03:48:16 am »

I wanted Ron Paul to win because at least he was intelligent (unlike Huckabee and McCain).
Report Spam   Logged

We've been observing out here in Arizona that the people in power who shout loudest about "the law is the law" and "what about illegal don't you understand" are usually the biggest lawbreakers here. Par for the course.
MasterBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Call me Wagner

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Search
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2009, 03:22:59 pm »

i did like ron paul ok, better than the people u said by a lot. r8 agrees with you, based on his sig around the election :p
Report Spam   Logged
MasterBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Call me Wagner

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Search
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:17 pm »

i live in nj, there aren't any education issues were i live, but there are like in, irvington.

bot in nj paul got 101 votes in the primaries. my frirnds dad was one, almost a whole % was him :p
Report Spam   Logged
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Complete the objective, regardless of cost.

Level 4 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2009, 10:45:26 pm »

The thing I really liked about Ron Paul was that he was against federal involvement in public education, supported abolishing the federal Department of Education, and voted against the No Child Left Behind Act. I won't go too in depth about what I think should be done to education, as there is a different topic for that, but I strongly believe that the state should have little involvement in society, in order to have individual liberty. Parents should have the right to educate their kids in anyway they please, without going through some lengthy and complicated bureaucratic procedure like it is in New York.

I also strongly agree with him that some of the laws that have been passed as a result of terrorism (the PATRIOT and REAL ID Acts to be specific) have violated the Constitution. The government has no right to listen to our telephone conversations, read our emails, etc. Even if it is to combat terrorism. A wise man once said:

Quote from: Benjamin Franklin
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

And the REAL ID Act will accomplish just one thing - give us all a nasty headache.

I was a strong supporter of Paul in 2008, and I will be again in 2012 if he runs. (although I will be one year away from the voting age then)
I WILL be voting then (in fact, I'll be voting in the 2010 mid-terms) so if Ron runs again, you can bet money that I'll vote for him.
Report Spam   Logged

We've been observing out here in Arizona that the people in power who shout loudest about "the law is the law" and "what about illegal don't you understand" are usually the biggest lawbreakers here. Par for the course.
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2009, 02:59:47 pm »

Ron Paul is the best, but sadly he probably won't run in 2012. So along the line of candidates like him the most similiar person we have is Barr, but he has unlibertarian voting record.
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Robbie1997347
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: I love the friendly community here and I hope to keep it active.

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious."

Level 5 Level 4 Fourth Year Anniversary
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2009, 06:22:22 am »

I would have voted for McCain because Obama is just making very strange plans. His Stimulus Plan means that he is going to borrow more and more and more and more money from distant countries that we already owe money to them!!!
And when he spends 3 Trillion dollars on this plan, China is going to knock on our door saying, " I need my money". And his plan for abortions.......... well that is just plain evil. And this is coming from an 11 year old republican.
Report Spam   Logged

LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:

4 8 15 16 23 42

« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:21 pm »

the sad part is how everyone loves Obama. My friend heisitantly told me he liked McCain,who i did too. He was afraid he would offend me. That shows how rough the election was. people listened to pop culture,not the real stuff. People thought slamming Palin was fine,because they assumed that they could trust pop culture for their next president.
Oh, sure.  The same pop culture that brought Palin to light to begin with.  The same pop culture that helped her shatter any historical value that would have ever existed with Obama's acceptance speech at the DNC.  The same pop culture that helped everyone know who she was (I can't say the same for Biden, or even McCain, for that matter).  The same pop culture that she brought so many eyes to.  She brought SNL its highest viewership in 16 years, a heavily liberal production group, I might add.  She was a big part in attracting more than 80 million viewers for her VP debate.  The media adored her.  Don't you recall the time period when McCain and Palin were five or six points ahead in the polls above Obama?  When Palin was the big name, and not Obama?  The time period when I was worried, not only because Obama was falling behind, but because she, of all of the people to choose from, would be that close to being the one a heartbeat away from the Presidency?  Oh, no, I must be imagining things. 

The media and pop culture adored her, until she started showing what a novice at politics she was.  She didn't have any reference sources.  She didn't address questions and cross-ex in debates directly.  She didn't even understand the credentials of the job she was merely three weeks away from potentially earning.  Any ill fate that befell her was brought upon herself.  The media only slammed her because she was exposed for the political fraud that she was.  And don't get me started on every little hypocritical thing about the McCain/Palin team. 

And as a point I continually make, people make their own decisions, pop culture and the media don't decide it for them.  If that was so, then why did more than 80 million people tune into a political debate?  Was the media completely manipulating her at this to trip her up?  Was pop culture involved?  No.  People watched Palin and Biden for who they were, what they knew, and what they stood for.  No bias.  No crud.  No beating around the bush (at least aside from Palin).  Everyone saw everything about them, without censors.  And that was with all of the preparation that McCain and his staff had given to her in the days before.  She was a political fraud, and she still is.  Now, I think she could turn herself around and get serious, no problem.  But she would need to get it into high gear, and fast.  Because 2010 is approaching fast, and if I were her, I would be worried.  Forget President.  If Palin doesn't shape things up quickly, she's going to lose what big political leverage she has left. 

The media loved her?Are you kidding me? If you were to watch MSNBC, ABC or anyother other networks excluding Fox you could see that they hate her.

I will agree Palin is a fraud, but at least her state is in better condition then the majority of the Democratic controlled states. If anything nearly all Democrat politicians are frauds. I don't know if you noticed but the top ten worst cities to live in (crime, bad economy, low education, high forclosueres) are nearly all mayored by Democrats. I'm not saying all Democrats are bad I'm saying that are a lot who are just as bad as failin' Palin.
I would also like to add that I personally dislike ever politician in Washingotn (excluding Ron Paul), they are all out of touch people who don't stand for the common man, but rather big buisness or special interest groups.
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Dudebot5000

« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2009, 07:45:12 pm »

The media loved her?Are you kidding me? If you were to watch MSNBC, ABC or anyother other networks excluding Fox you could see that they hate her.

Loved her in the sense that she was very popular to report about. Not in the sense of "PALIN ROXORS MY SOXORS." Wink
Report Spam   Logged
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:

4 8 15 16 23 42

« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2009, 07:49:30 pm »

Yes, but the reporting done was filled with much critism.
Report Spam   Logged

[/center]
Dudebot5000

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2009, 07:59:30 pm »

That's not the point. They "loved her" in the sense that they reported about her often. Doesn't matter whether the reports were positive or negitive.
Report Spam   Logged
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:

4 8 15 16 23 42

« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2009, 08:02:32 pm »

Yes, but you guys make sound as if lots of negative coverage is a benefit for her.
Report Spam   Logged

[/center]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum