News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 19, 2024, 03:54:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Computer Walkthroughs for GREENHORNS, like me

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer Walkthroughs for GREENHORNS, like me  (Read 1960 times)
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:25:27 am »

Went to your user page, and saw your request for help. I'm still green myself, but I'll try and walk you thru what I can do
-in your address bar type in http://photobucket.com
-it's free, now create an account, with a username and password
-your in, click the upload button, now you'll be browsing thru your pics on your computer, pick one by clicking on it and then click the open button, use a lego pic
-The pic will upload to tour page on photobucket
-drag your mouse over the new pic and a window will drop below, left click the check box
-once you check a pic, scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see 4 blue buttons provided you put a checkmark on your picture
-click the one on the far right to generate a code for your picture
-it will give you 4 options, for now, choose the one that says jpg img formessage bourds, I think it's the 4th one
-click the text in that 4th to highlite it and then right click somewhere in the highlited text, LEFT CLICK COPY
-Go to MLNO and click edit your page
-in the big box @ the bottom, right click again and then choose PASTE
-now click ADIT PAGE @ the bottom, this will save your photo-
-your done, now check it out

I WAS SURFING THE MLNO AND CAME ACROSS THE USERPAGE OF jdg50. I've spent alot of time trying to figure out how to do different things on this blasted computer, so when I saw a blank and typed in please HELP, I decided to. Above is the mail I sent jdg50 and it occured to me as I started to type, this should be shared.
    TO ALL, ask here and hopefully, someone faster at typing and smarter than me, will respond
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
ab§olute_Z3R0
Official SMF Nerd
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 0

Retired Admin -- Member #4

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:27:19 am »

Pretty good. I'll be finishing up my MLNO guide sometime soon and posting it in this board, so all of you who need help can get it. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Minecraft.Roblox.C#.Spotify.reddit.Steam
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:46:31 am »

And you can also ask questions in the rest of the Forum Help center that the rest of us will eventually try to answer =)
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 10:18:43 am »

Thankyou "Omega Blademan", I've spent alot of time this weekend reading stuff all over MLNO, it's been very helpfull and informative.

Thankyou "Absolute_Zero", I'm really looking forward to reading your stuff and learning some cool stuff from a real    WIZARD 
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 10:43:57 am »

You're welcome legodac =)
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:48:05 am »

And you can also ask questions in the rest of the Forum Help center that the rest of us will eventually try to answer =)
I really wish I had of done what my friend says above to begin with, but I'm here now, so I'll carry on...
    Computer Walkthroughs for GREENHORNS, like me #2
First I must say, I can only tell you what I know, the programs I used are not the best.

Second, special thanks and full credit go to my best friend MsRowdyredhead  0:)  who walked me through this about 5 times (I'm really green).

Creating a simple Signature or other image for your MLNO page
Find your choice and for this walkthrough I'm using my Elemental sticker mod you see below
 Smiley bring up MLN page and right click to zoom in ( or leave it small )
 Smiley Move your mouse off the image otherwise you'll have the mod details covering your project
 Smiley On your keypad press "PrtSc" button at top right
 Smiley Go to all programs and open Microsoft Paint
 Smiley Left click on the select button in the tool tray in the left column the little square at the top
 Smiley move your mouse to the work area and right click and choose select all
 Smiley Right click again and choose Paste
 Smiley Now move the mod within the frame of the MSPaint, you may have to widen the frame
 Smiley Left click on that little square select button again
 Smiley Now draw and frame the area you want to save
 Smiley Open Edit and choose Cut
 Smiley Open File and choose New, RELAX, the image just dissapeared
 Smiley Now right click the work area and choose Save, A window opens and asks Save Changes? Press NO
 Smiley Now open File again and choose New
 Smiley Then right click the work area and choose Paste, you should see your image now, we're almost done
 Smiley Open File and choose Save As, a widow opens I put mine on my desktop, I can always move it later, while here, at the bottom
Hit the Save As Type button, in the drop down menu choose PNG at the bottom, label your project and click Save, you're done

Grin to get it to your MLNO page now follow the instructions in Post #1 in this forum

Coming from one of our newest members, Finckboy wrote:

A image tag is thing that makes pics on you sig. I got the simpsons as my avatar by going on profile then going on to forum profile info and then there is a bar with dots on it at the top, you then click on personalized pics, and then a mini screen will pop up and and then scroll down and there is a thing saying "Simpsons" click on that and choose you avatar!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:49:30 am by legodac » Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 01:52:13 pm »

It's much easier with other programs tho. I don't use paint much.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 07:25:02 am »

FASTEST WAY TO SUBMIT YOUR FIRST UPLOAD

[/c sign into your MLN account
      ;)click the products tab at the top
      ;)Then click the FACTORY theme on the page you see now
      ;)now you're in the FACTORY, down near the bottom you'll see a tab that says "new lego digital designer v.2", click on that
      ;)follow the instructions and save to your desktop
      ;)minimize your MLN page or sign out
      ;)click on the new icon and follow the instuctions once again
      ;)A second icon will appear next to the last one, click it, you're in
      ;)Don't play or build yet, simply do what I suggest, that way you can get something uploaded to LEGO and start making modules in BOTH FACTORY and GALLERY, tip, creating in factory allows you to use the same image in gallery, NOT, the other way around
      ;)OK EH, choose free build and click, goto mini figs tab and click, pick your favourite face and click
      ;)now zoom in so the face almost fills the screen, don't worry about backgrounds, the factory won't accept them, but the gallery will, remember, you want a factory submission as fast as possible and you'll be able to advent the gallery as well
      ;Dclick on the upload to lego.com button and follow the instructions again, I think it's the globe at the top. Also it may ask for your username and password to sign in, depends how your pc is set up, wait for the prompt at the end that tells you your load was successfull. your done, in 2 or 3 days, you'll have a pic in your inventory. Now, if you want you can really build something, I promise you'll love it]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:33:30 am by legodac » Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 05:33:40 pm »

MLN Team........I know, double post, please allow, thanks, it's worth it

MLN Team is a community committed to bringing together fans of My Lego Network (MLN), an online game and LEGO bricks. Here we share skills for playing MyLegoNetwork, showcase our creations, and guide us up the ranks. We hope you join and visit often.

Home  Portal  MLN Blog  Calendar  Gallery  FAQ  Search  Search Query

Display results as :  Posts  Topics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Advanced Search

Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  You have no new messages  Staff  Credits  Log out [ legodac ]  .

.Your last visit was on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:00 am
Current date/time is Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:31 am

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox
Inbox :: Message
Re: [No title]

From Vanderdecken12 To legodac, Today at 1:56 am

I'm not an expert on stop-motion, when it comes to what software to use, but monkeyjam and Windows Movie maker are pretty basic. I guess your digital camera is meant to take pictures, and is not a video camera? When we got a video camera that could hook up to the computer, I downloaded Monkeyjam, and it works great. You just plug in the video camera, and click every time you want to take a picture. You can also use a webcam, probably even better.

You can use a digital camera, and just download the pictures after you're done, but a camera where you have to press down the button every time you take a picture makes it shaky. If you do that, just download all the pictures to one folder when you're done, and upload them to Movie Maker (you can use other video making programs too, not just Windows).

My friend says the hardest part about making a movie (if he ever did) would be to figure out how to make the minifig move the exact same amount every time. How much you move it is decided by how much time you have to make the movie. The more time you have, the less you want to move him. I usually just move him one or two spaces forward (always the same amount), and switch which leg is pointing up. Some people do a 4 part step leg up a little, all the way, down a bit, all the way down.

Always use a LEGO platform of some sort, otherwise they won't stand up. If you want to add lasers or something like what I did in my "Indy vs Stormtroopers" movie, it gets a little more tricky. If you are using a video camera, and monkeyjam, then go to "my pictures" and drag each picture you take to Paint, add the lasers, and save over the old picture. If you're just using a normal picture camera, then, once you're all done, do them one at a time. I think it's better to do the paint as you're making the movie, because then you get a feel for what's going to work.

I'm not big on adding subtitles, but if you do, give plenty of time for letting the viewer read them, and don't make them the kind that keeps moving across the screen. Make it frozen.

Also, don't use walls!! Most of my movies are on flat terrain. My reason is that walls, or any kind of massive structure in a movie is more than likely to fall down, making it difficult to put in the exact same place the next time, plus it might break. However, in many videos, walls of some sort are necessary to the film. If that's the case, when you're building the set, take extra time to make the structure firm, it'll save you time in the long run.

Finally, sound effects. I've added them before (in a movie I never posted anywhere). It went pretty well, but it was VERY time consuming. Basically, I decided I could make another movie in the time it took me to add sound effects, and that it didn't add enough to the film to make it worth it. Besides, if your movie has a good enough plot, it won't need sound effects to make people like it.

If you have any questions, please ask, and let me know when you've finished your first movie.

"If you have nothing worth dying for, then you don't have anything worth living for"
  . Topic review
 legodac Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:29 am

That's funny, the movie will be a while, here's your answer ALL TIME:250168...Av per day:643.1...sticker:8590....soundtrack:24082.....gallery:13535, since becoming feature approx 1500 a day, doubled
legodac legodac Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:47 am

For you, anything, please stand by (15 min)
legodac legodac Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:40 am

I will, I'll tell you where it is later
legodac legodac Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:36 am

You're my idol, thanks buddy, I'll post soon in MLNO on your SMF advice and thanks again
legodac Vanderdecken12 Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:11 am

Sorry for bugging you, could you possibly tell me how many clicks you have to have to get on the high score lists you are on? Thanks, and good luck with your movie
Vanderdecken12 Vanderdecken12 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:54 am

If you do that for MLNO, by the way, would you mind mentioning my stop motion blog:

http://stopmotionwithlegos.blogspot.com/

It's a collection of my stop motion movies

Thanks!
Vanderdecken12
Vanderdecken12 Vanderdecken12 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:52 am

Glad I could help. Sure, go ahead and use it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 05:51:48 pm by legodac » Report Spam   Logged

Obi
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Finish my awful college apps

Eighth Year Anniversary Seventh Year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 09:31:06 am »

Cool, and great job!
Report Spam   Logged
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 11:11:53 pm »

A great friend of mine wrote this

here are the instructions on how to get firefox and adblocker, copied from my post in the "im concerned" topic:
pretty simple: step 1: go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/. Step 2: search for Adblock Plus. Step 3: download Adblock Plus for free! Step 4: restart firefox and ignore the popup that appears. step 5: go to http://easylist.RemoveAdblock.com/ and subscribe, for free, to easylist and easyprivacy.
you will never see another ad again.
(well, I think it's simple)
oops, you needed to know how to get firefox? if you have a fast and new computer, go to http://www.binaryturf.com/free-software/blazing-fast-firefox-optimized-distributions/
and download firefox 3.0.8 SSE2.
if your computer is old, go to mozilla.com and download the standard firefox.
Wow, thanks man, I'll do it tomorrow and let you know how it worked out. I'm going to copy this wonderfull script and paste it in suggestions, I owe you big time, thanks pal[/b][/color]
Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 10:12:06 am »

Please forgive the double post, I'm trying to keep things organized here

Tombomdoodle asked about getting LDD pictures to show here in MLNO, so here it is....

HOW TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR LDD CREATIONS TO POST IN MLNO
1  Smiley Of course, build your LDD model
2  Smiley Once finished, Zoom in and angle to get your desired shot
3  Smiley Go to the tools drop down menu and click
4  Smiley Click the bottom option, Take a screenshot
5  Smiley Your PC will ask you where to put it, you may not have a choice, so choose documents/pictures and click
6  Smiley If you want, you can do what I did, which is open documents and drag the picture to your desktop or not, your choice
7  Smiley Now you have an LDD picture, If you need to know how to go farther see my very first post in this topic, it will walk you through how to use photobucket. Good Luck
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:16:16 am by legodac » Report Spam   Logged

ab§olute_Z3R0
Official SMF Nerd
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 0

Retired Admin -- Member #4

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 12:47:58 am »

Since this topic as was requested to be pinned and it seems to be liked by the more.. green members of our community, I'll do so. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Minecraft.Roblox.C#.Spotify.reddit.Steam
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 07:24:38 pm »

A great friend of mine wrote this

here are the instructions on how to get firefox and adblocker, copied from my post in the "im concerned" topic:
pretty simple: step 1: go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/. Step 2: search for Adblock Plus. Step 3: download Adblock Plus for free! Step 4: restart firefox and ignore the popup that appears. step 5: go to http://easylist.RemoveAdblock.com/ and subscribe, for free, to easylist and easyprivacy.
you will never see another ad again.
(well, I think it's simple)
oops, you needed to know how to get firefox? if you have a fast and new computer, go to http://www.binaryturf.com/free-software/blazing-fast-firefox-optimized-distributions/
and download firefox 3.0.8 SSE2.
if your computer is old, go to mozilla.com and download the standard firefox.
Wow, thanks man, I'll do it tomorrow and let you know how it worked out. I'm going to copy this wonderfull script and paste it in suggestions, I owe you big time, thanks pal[/b][/color]
how did it work? also, since Easylist and Easyprivacy have passed into new ownership, the have been updated daily. to update them, click on the ABP icon, click Preferences, click file, and click "update all subscriptions".
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 04:46:53 am »

waht's a greeenhorn?
Report Spam   Logged

Why does the programmer always get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Oct 31 == Dec 25
Midnght
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Rank 6 ready. Got any spare Pipe?

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 06:25:31 am »

waht's a greeenhorn?

It's a term from the days of cowboys and indians.

It means someone who is new to the job more or less.

Here's the definition and a little more info.

green-horn Show Spelled Pronunciation [green-hawrn]
–noun 1. an untrained or inexperienced person.
2. a naive or gullible person; someone who is easily tricked or swindled.
3. Slang. a newly arrived immigrant; newcomer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1425–75; late ME; see green, horn; orig. applied to cattle with green (i.e., young) horns
Report Spam   Logged

lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 06:57:25 am »

waht i found
NOUN:

• An inexperienced or immature person, especially one who is easily deceived.
  • A newcomer, especially one who is unfamiliar with the ways of a place or group.

ETYMOLOGY:
Middle English greene horn, horn of a newly slaughtered animal
Report Spam   Logged

Oct 31 == Dec 25
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 07:21:35 pm »

weird etymology...
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 07:38:55 am »

yuo can say that agian.

well, legodac, are you sure you'rea  greenhorn?
Report Spam   Logged

Oct 31 == Dec 25
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 11:13:25 am »

yuo can say that agian.

well, legodac, are you sure you'rea  greenhorn?
YES I AM, in more ways then you can imagine  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum