News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 06:10:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

[HELP] The Great RANK 5 Rank Up...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [HELP] The Great RANK 5 Rank Up...  (Read 66 times)
ekingsley
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: March 04, 2009, 10:11:12 am »

[EDIT] Program Canceled due to lack of interest.
This is an idea I have been formulating for a while but it came to a head yesterday discussing Block Clicks and how many, including myself, really don't like them but how they have become something of a way of doing business getting through Rank 5.

Are you Stuck in Rank 5 but want to get through it the way it was intended?  Have you had no luck getting the water flowing on your friends Water Bug?  Does your Pet Golem make you feel like you are stuck between a Rock and a hard place?  Do you want to finally break the bonds of Rank 5 and start making sweet music in Rank 6?

If you answered yes then read on...

I have come up with a system and a set of rules that I promise if you follow them you will get through Rank 5 and do it without resorting to Block Clicking.  It won't be quick but you will build your supplies of Pipes and Gypsum at a steady pace and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This is something of a trial project.  If it works well it will be repeated and other "Rank 5 Graduates" will be invited to Host their own Rank ups.

Rules:

• Each Rank Up will consist of 20 Rank 5 Members and a Host.
  • Each Rank 5 Member must limit their Friends list to the 19 other members, the Host, and up to 3 additional Friends of their choice.
  • The Host must add the 20 Rank 5 Members to their friends list but there are no other limitations on their Friends.
  • Each member will be paired with another member and must use all 60 of their clicks on their partners Water Bug or Golem (no Ball Lightning shall be hosted on a member page) except in the case of Host intervention.  In the event licenses have not been earned pairs may split their clicks 50 to the pets 10 to a license until all licenses have been earned
  • Each Partner is responsible for making sure they receive the appropriate clicks each day.  Partners that do not click will be reported.  In the case that a member cannot click for a certain time this must be communicated to the group in advance except in extra ordinary circumstances.
  • Each member may keep all Building Materials they receive.  In the case where a member has completed one type of item even 1 for 1 swaps of Pipe and Gypsum will be worked out with the Host as an assistant if needed.
  • Each member must keep a count of Gypsum and Pipes as well as license status up to date in their Forum Profile and it must be updated at a minimum on a weekly basis.
  • The Host promises to "return" any items sent to them by a member.  In return the member promises to give the Host 10 clicks on the module of their choice.  This is classified as a Host Intervention, it is the primary benefit for the Host, and is a requirement of participation.  Failure to give the host clicks will result in expulsion from the Group.
  • Upon achieving a count of 50 Pipes and 50 Gypsum a member is considered a Graduate of the Program.
  • Upon "Graduation" the Host will award the "Graduate" their choice of 50 Sparks or a Totemic Animal.

• Graduates must give up their slot and agree to be removed from other members friends lists until they Graduate unless they fall into the category of the extra 3 friends any member is allowed
  • Replacements for Graduates will be allowed at the Hosts discretion.  There will be no Waiting lists.  The Host will announce when seats become available.  Not all Graduates will be replaced.
  • The Host may end the program at any time for any reason.

As you can see this program will require discipline and sacrifice.  You will more than likely have to remove some friends from your friends list until you rank up.  If you do not think you can follow the rules then do not sign up.

This first trial program will start on 3/9 and will run until all 20 members Rank up.  Memberships will be granted on a first come first serve basis.  DO NOT sign up just to sign up.  Make sure you can follow the rules for as long as it takes to Rank up.  If you follow the rules I promise that you will Rank up quicker than many other methods but failure to follow the rules slows down everyone's progress and cannot be tolerated.

Being the Host I will list all 20 members here with item counts obtained from their Forum Signatures on a weekly basis along with a count of the number of Items forwarded by me and the Clicks Received.

Finally, please remember this is not a quick fix.  This is forced discipline within a group for a common purpose which will promote the advancement of all.  A new member with no existing resources should expect to remain in the program for at least 2 months.

So if you want to participate please reply to this post stating that you are interested and agree to my terms.  The rules may be tweaked if needed and you may back out of the program at any time.  For this time around the first 20 respondents that agree to terms will become members of the program.

[EDIT] Program Canceled due to lack of interest.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:58:49 am by ekingsley » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum