News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 19, 2024, 11:49:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Lego Story Contest

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lego Story Contest  (Read 869 times)
KnightsFan
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Team: No Team

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« on: May 05, 2009, 06:08:35 pm »

Welcome to my fourteenth monthly contest! In my contests, you must pay to enter; but first, second and third places will get prizes for their work. The prizes will be Clicks, which can be used for anything. I can Click other pages to allow winner to buy items/pay debts.

This month, the contest will be based on a Lego-themed story.

To Enter
1. Each entrant must give me 3 Clicks on n1343's Lightworm
2. Write an Lego story
3. PM or post your story

Guidelines
1. Each entrant can make as many entries as they like, but must pay for each. Make sure I get them all, though.
2. No copying others’ ideas
3. The story must be based on an existing Lego theme

Entrants
1. lionytai
2. Brickmasker123
3. mata nui

* Has yet to make their entry

The Prizes
First place: lionytai (150 Clicks)
Second place: Brickmaker123 (75 Clicks)
Third place: mata nui (35)

Entries must be made by May 25
All winners will be posted by me on May 30

|< |=
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:41:02 am by KnightsFan » Report Spam   Logged
lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 12:26:16 am »

I paid

The Kidnapped and Foreign Sovereign
   There once was a nice and brave king of the country Lionytai, in the planet of Lego Universe. This smart king, named Arthur, liked mathematics and science. He even used his good science skills to capture villains, and one of the most evil villains was just caught - Bob Skull, a spooky skeleton who betrayed Star Justice, a society for finding justice in outer space, on mln.lego.com. MLN is a webpage system for Lego users. Bob, from outer space, led many Lego club users to betray Star Justice. Bob even stole the secret plans from Star Justice!
   Thousand-year-old Brian Skull didn't like the way his twin brother was put in prison right below the palace of Lionytai. He visited Bob Skull secretly everyday by using a satellite to locate where Bob was, and then came down the path made by the satellite. He didn't know what to do to seek for revenge, so he was really angry.
   For several times, a person with a mask and a cape attacked the king. King Arthur's strong army had beaten the masked person in a white shirt with black stripes, so this made the masked person frustrated. The day after the last fight the king mysteriously disappeared. The villagers came to a detective team in another country named Mutant because Lionytai didn't have one. Lionytai was just too small.
   "Could you please help us? We couldn't live without the king! Our lives would be ruined!" The villagers explained a lot.
   "Ok, we will help you. Take me to the palace," said Pepper. Pepper, the leader of the detective team, was worried about the serious case. He was a hard-working person.
   The villagers led Pepper and his partner Johnny Lighting the way to their country. Johnny was as fast as sound and he was once an assistance of a famous archaeologist. Because of this, he was brainy compared to others. When they walked past the house of the president of Mutant on the way, Johnny accidentally found some rare minerals on the wheels ofPepper's skateboard, which Pepper always uses to travel, during a rest from the long walk, which Pepper always uses to travel. In fact, Pepper accidentally fell out from the skateboard and landed on the king's crown.
    "Thanks for leading us to your country. We will stop here. You can go back," said Pepper. The villagers went back to their country and Pepper and Johnny took out their PC in Johnny's backpack to do some research, sitting in a bench near the president's house.
   "Hmm... Let's see," said Johnny. Johnny was looking for information about the president and Pepper was beside him looking at the news website too. "Ah ha! Here's what we want! 'Mr. President of Mutant, who really loves to visit famous people, went on vacation to visit well-known actor Johnny Thunder, the newest actor of James Bond. The President likes James Bond movies, and he always went to see how the movie was going.' Johnny Thunder?! I didn't know Johnny Thunder was that good at acting!" Johnny Lighting jumped out of the bench. Johnny Thunder was Johnny Lighting's cousin. "When I visited him the last time, he told me he was going to visit a celebrity. Why did the president go to visit him instead?"
   "Maybe Johnny Thunder didn't have time. Or maybe it's another celebrity he's visiting. Or even it might be a secret plan that no one else should know. Anyway, let's go to the police station and tell the police about what we just found," replied Pepper, "about the iridium we found on my skateboard. We've got work to do."
   At the police station, Pepper and Johnny Lighting met Dr. Killroy, an extremely famous and experienced archaeologist of the whole Legoland. Killroy was really humorous and liked to talk about what he finds at excavation sites.
   "Howdy, Pepper and Johnny! It's nice to see you again!" Dr. Killroy patted their shoulders. "You know, I was working at an excavation site. A really special excavation site I went to. Guess what we excavated!" Dr. Killroy liked to make people guess about what he recently did.
   "Extremely large bird-like dinosaurs?" Johnny knew that Dr. Killroy mostly went to dinosaur excavation sites because Johnny was once an assistance of Dr. Killroy, just as mentioned before.
   "Never-ever-found-before-and-larger-than-a-human archaic pizza that apes once ate?" Pepper always had ideas people never thought of.
   "Not quite, boys." Killroy finally told them the answer. "We are excavating a meteorite! Look at this precious iridium I found!" Johnny and Pepper were shocked in amazement.
   "Pepper! Psst! Psst! I think this is the substance we found on your skateboard's wheels," Johnny whispered to Pepper. Pepper nodded his head to show agreement.
   "We'd better leave, Dr Killroy. We have some work to do. So long!" Dr. Killroy waved and Pepper and Johnny went back where they found iridium. They also found King Arthur and Brain Skull, who was holding the king's crown. Pepper picked up a rope which Brain didn't notice and threw it to Johnny. Johnny then threw the rope on Brian. Just then, a police officer arrived from the police station.
   "Freeze, Brian Skull, or anyone who you are! You're under arrest!" yelled the officer. He sounded mean and angry.
"I...I admit it. I kidnapped the king! I took the crown but lost it and found it again! I...I wanted to save Bob! I could be as famous as Bob if I take the crown to my emperor in outer space! My queen would be proud of me!" Bob sounded really disappointed.
"Did you say outer space? That's why I found iridium on my skateboard's wheels when I found the crown. Now I get it!" Pepper began to figure things out.
"You are incorrect zero percent. But now my plans are all destroyed! Boo hoo!" Bob began to weep. He knelt down, his head facing the ground. Everything went silent for a couple of minutes. The police officer finally spoke.
“Brian, you’ll be put in jail for...” The king interrupted the police officer's words.
"I have other plans,” the king said. He had a smile in his face. "I found out that Brian isn't a really bad skeleton. He is only just too impatient and can be taught to be a great hero."
The next day, the king was back in the palace. Brian Skull became the teacher of teaching the prisoners how to be nice. Everyone cheered for the king and Brian and the country is peaceful forever.
Report Spam   Logged

Why does the programmer always get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Oct 31 == Dec 25
Brickmaker123
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:42:00 am »

How Lego Universe Began
Once upon a time in Legoworld Mr Wizard was making a potion when he made a mistake(Uh-oh) and suddenly everything began to shake and Legoword was destroyed(Luckily nobody was hurt) the greatest minds in the Legoworld were put together to find a solution one of those who went was Professor Brickkeeper. They were discussing and Prof Brickkeeper came up with a solution why not let all the legobuilders out there make a perfect world and thats how Lego Universe was created
Report Spam   Logged
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Purpose: Stuff.

Sixth Year Anniversary Level 6 Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 03:28:49 pm »

I paid.

One Big Worm

Anakin was nervous. He couldn't pinpoint where the giant lego ball was in this huge galaxy. He had been told there was a huge lego ball here by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine,and he was responsible for tracking it down. Apparently it was composed of millions of bricks that could be used for starships. "Ahsoka!" He yells. "Activate scanners. If we don't find that ball,I'm in trouble,and,being my apprentice,you'll be too!" He looks behind himself,and is shocked to find Ahsoka sleeping. 'I thought i taught here better than that. I mean,we've been flying for 5 hours through a bunch of dustball galaxys,but the least she could do is stay awa-"BANG! There is a loud bang outside the ship. Ahsoka wakes up,and realizes Anakin isn't going to be thrilled she fell asleep. She thinks "Let me think...excuses. Hm...i don't think he'll be pleased if I tell him his flight stories were boring. The fishing trip story can't be blamed either. Hm...something that doesn't insult-" BANG! Another crash. 'Snips,turn on the scanners,pronto! We need to find out what's hitting us!" Says Anakin. "Can't you just look out the front window? How do you even know where we're going?",asks Ahsoka. "Huh. Never thought of that. Too busy watching you sleep.",replies Anakin. Ahsoka smiles sheepishly,and then takes on a look of fear. "Master,I think I know what's been hitting us!",Ahsoka yells. She points out the window,and Anakin sees what looks like a giant worm. 'Oh....that.",Anakin says,turning slghtly green.

It wouldn't be fair to call this any worm. True,it was a worm. But it was a mutated,2-ton worm with teeth. And it might be insulted if it was categorized as any old worm. "Master,turn the ship!",yells Ahsoka. "I'm turning,I'm turning!" Anakin yells back. The worm takes a large bite out of one of the Twilight's wings. "I thought worms didn't have teeth!",yells Ahsoka. "They don't,"Anakin replies,"but something tells me this worm didn't just grow in size and weight." Anakin unloads a lot of firepower on the worm, who angrily rams into the ship again. "We need more power!",yells Anakin. "Maybe i can make a jump to lightspeed,even without that wing." Anakin attempts this,and it fails. "This might be it Ahsoka," says Anakin,"This might be it."

Out of nowhere,several Republic Gunships appear. "We're saved!" Ahsoka yells happily. "Not yet," Anakin replies,as the worm swallows one of the ships whole. "That thing has one big appitite. We might win,but we can't be sure yet." The worm greedily eats more gunships. Anakin realizes they probably came from hyperspace. "Maybe there's more," he thinks,"Maybe we can contact them!" "Ahsoka,activate transmitters! We might be able to find more ships!" Ahsoka obeys,and sure enough,there are more. "This is Ahsoka Tano! We are bien attacked by a giant worm! Send backup! Send backup!" Backup arrives suprisingly quickly. They proceed to give heaavy fire,and the  worm flops over in space,apparently finished. "We made it!",Anakin exclaims. "Clones,while you're out here,maybe you should find that lego ball."Sir,yes sir!",they reply. Within minutes,the ball is found. "Let that be an example,Snips. Even what seems to be the simplest mission can bring great danger.",Anakin tells Ahsoka. As our heroes return home,they both wonder if their next mission will be anything like this one....

EDIT-I know i made my entry late,but ban i PLEASE still be allowed to participate? I meant to enter a while ago,but neveer got to it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 04:51:20 pm by mata nui » Report Spam   Logged

by that logic, cheese graters do not exist, as they are not graters made of cheese.
Quote from: My Best Friend
Do you just make everything I say into a quote?
Quote from: Gandalf
"You've found Narnia, Harry."
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:31:57 am »

Oh rats, I had been writing a short story for a couple of weeks and didn't notice the 25th deadline because this is the first time I opened the topic, oh well
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 08:34:22 am »

Yeah. *hopes late entry won't disqualify me*
Report Spam   Logged

by that logic, cheese graters do not exist, as they are not graters made of cheese.
KnightsFan
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 03:56:31 pm »

*Covers calendar**Looks around*
Late? No way was this late. *Whistles*

Anyway.
lioytai was first, and then Brickmaker is second. Your late entry would have disqualified you, MN, but since only two other people wrote you get third.

Edit: Oh dear, I've got to make banners for last month still... oops...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:59:53 pm by KnightsFan » Report Spam   Logged
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 06:28:55 pm »

*grunts* *sigh*...well,better than nothing,i still think i easily beat Brickmaker though....i could whine but that probably won't help...

Clicks to my Rabbit please.
Report Spam   Logged

lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 10:17:21 pm »

Who's lioytai?

just joking.

clicks go to my soundtrack, please
Report Spam   Logged

Oct 31 == Dec 25
KnightsFan
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 02:39:40 pm »

*grunts* *sigh*...well,better than nothing,i still think i easily beat Brickmaker though....i could whine but that probably won't help...

Clicks to my Rabbit please.
Yeah, I know the feeling. Still, you probably should have been DQ-ed for late entry. How many clicks does your rabbit need total?
Report Spam   Logged
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 09:55:07 pm »

77. and i know that i should be. It would just be helpful if you made the font on that rule a little bigger,or put the rules earlier,before my attenion span fell apart. Plus,i meant to enter but got busy. I know I'm just whining,and this isn't going to help my situation.. I'm just kicking myself for this.

So....do i get a Third Place banner? Or is that only for first/second?
Report Spam   Logged

KnightsFan
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 12:03:26 pm »

No, everyone gets a banner as soon as I find time to make them.
Report Spam   Logged
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 12:19:14 pm »

When will you have the time to make them?

*anticipates answer of "wow. Nice follow-up question."* I know,it is a good follow-up question.
Report Spam   Logged

KnightsFan
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 05:38:20 pm »

Hopefully today.
Report Spam   Logged
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 06:37:39 pm »

Sooo....will they be ready today?
Report Spam   Logged

KnightsFan
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 02:31:20 pm »

Banners are done.

1st (to lionytai)

Code:
[img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/KnightsFan/Contest/Contest14/1st_prize.png[/img]

2nd (to brickmaker)

Code:
[img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/KnightsFan/Contest/Contest14/2nd_prize.png[/img]

3rd (to MN)

Code:
[img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/KnightsFan/Contest/Contest14/3rd_prize.png[/img]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:15:36 pm by KnightsFan » Report Spam   Logged
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 02:47:38 pm »

Woot!
Report Spam   Logged

lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 02:05:10 am »

wow! that looks great! i'll put it on my userpage
Report Spam   Logged

Oct 31 == Dec 25
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum