News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 12:32:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Science

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Science  (Read 482 times)
Maplen13
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Failure isn't something bad, it is your mentor

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: September 19, 2009, 02:25:15 am »

Science in my out most opinion, is a very hard subject if you don't know what your doing. Science from Greek is known as "Knowledge" and Science has very high classifications upon departments and subjects. And the very complexity makes it very hard, with memorization of big words, and into the mathematical computations of Physics with displacement. With the scientific method, to expirements, to essays, and lectures, or projects, so many things that you have to do in Science as "Homework" or something stuck word of "adenosine triphosphate"

I know upon:

-Biology
-Astronomy
-Computer Science
-Geography
-Parts of Chemistry
-Most of Physics
-Political Science
-Earth Science
-Archaeology
-Demography

My experience in science was undeterred in my childhood, and I think by starting with this as my most strong academic points. One of my experinces was when I was in grade six I "taught" a class of 8th graders on their planets, and physics. And last year, teaching more physics to 4th year, or equivalent to 10th grade. So please ask away, but don't expect me to know it, because I'm still a learning child.

Report Spam   Logged
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 06:31:20 am »

Let's start with this then, please explain E=MC squared, I want to know...
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Maplen13
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 07:14:36 am »

E=MC2 is one of Einstein's equation, that is very much upon how the universe is.

E is for energy = to the Multiplication of Mass and C as The speed of light squared, so in essense there can not be any more energy than that is contained in it's mass. For example, the Atom Bomb, was with these uranium, and then subjected with a uranium bullet, this caused a chain reaction that in it's mass of uranium with the reaction accruing, of splitted atoms, in a course of a few seconds... will make energy enough to burst. The same is done in a star with nuclear fusion. And vice versa, for energy itself to turn into a mass.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:08 am »

The Manhatten Project, did in fact produce the first tangible evidence of E=MC2...the atomic bomb!

One of Einstein's great insights was to realize that matter and energy are really different forms of the same thing. Matter can be turned into energy, and energy into matter.
For example, consider a simple hydrogen atom, basically composed of a single proton. This subatomic particle has a mass of
0.000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 001 672 kg
This is a tiny mass indeed. But in everyday quantities of matter there are a lot of atoms! For instance, in one kilogram of pure water, the mass of hydrogen atoms amounts to just slightly more than 111 grams, or 0.111 kg.
Einstein's formula tells us the amount of energy this mass would be equivalent to, if it were all suddenly turned into energy. It says that to find the energy, you multiply the mass by the square of the speed of light, this number being 300,000,000 meters per second (a very large number):

= 0.111 x 300,000,000 x 300,000,000
= 10,000,000,000,000,000 Joules
This is an incredible amount of energy! A Joule is not a large unit of energy ... one Joule is about the energy released when you drop a textbook to the floor. But the amount of energy in 30 grams of hydrogen atoms is equivalent to burning hundreds of thousands of gallons of gasoline!
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Maplen13
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 04:26:53 am »

Ah yes... MsRR, it is Indeed the very manipulation of Einstein's equation into warfare. The thing is, when they triggered a uranium bullet into a uranium tank, and when atom smashed into atom it made an energy, which then hit other particles with another causing more release of energy, and put together, a big intense mechanism of war was created.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 01:36:23 pm »

Albert Einstein was able to see where an understanding of this formula would lead. Although peaceful by nature and politics, he helped write a letter to the President of the United States, urging him to fund research into the development of an atomic bomb ... before the Nazis or Japan developed their own first. The result was the Manhattan Project.  It was no manipulation..
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum