News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 29, 2024, 06:45:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Maple13's Tips on trying to get a succesful school year

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maple13's Tips on trying to get a succesful school year  (Read 594 times)
Maplen13
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Failure isn't something bad, it is your mentor

Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: September 19, 2009, 10:30:47 am »

1) Try to get a planner
  - Why? Well I got this from my middle school, which gave us planner's to organize our life and school, and which to show that we do homework. But this little thing, that if you think is nerdy or dorky, or even both, can save time and effort in the long run, if you are committed enough with your planner. Recently I got a new planner, and man oh, man, I have now organized some study time, go to places, without worrying the time or being late, and remembering stuff that I would forget. But if your school also gives some planners, just at least try it on. What would you loose?

2) Try to wake up earlier
 - Yea.. most people can't enough wake earlier, but... if succeeded does make things easier, such as giving you time to think, eat, do your homework if your forgot for the third time this week, and most importantly think, to rejuvenate your body, to think what you would do, really your peace time, like meditation, to make you not worry as much when you go to school.

3) Try to be friends with almost everyone
 - Including the teachers, but the key words try and almost.... the thing is.. when you make more firends, people will protect you from others, be helpful to you, comfort you like humor, and if you are real lucky to have almost all your teachers as "friends" you could actually have your school year easier.

4) Expect the expected, the unexpected, and plain nonsense 
 - Anything can and defiantly will happen, to accidents to pop quizzes, to you missing your school bus, or essentially anything happening, so try to be alert, while enjoying your fun, kind of hard, but when achieved real calmness will happen, when something bad happens.

5) Just say "Do it"
 - Do you get those lazy moments, where you just can't do your notes, walk to your class, hear your lecture, reading your book, or... most importantly your homework? Well just try to say "Do it" and try as hard as you must to do that simple piece of paper, or that extra mile, since if you don't do it, epic consequences will wish you haven't

6) Reality is Reality
 - You thought your day couldn't be worse, and that "Something can Always be worse" Isn't a good motivation, so think to yourself reality is reality, nothing can change it, and that you can try again some other time, with a better motivation, but also think about the tiny good things that happened, to the fact, that you are living in a family that maybe loves you, or that you live in a home.

7) Practice makes Perfect, but Nobody is Perfect
 - Yes we are human, we can't do almost everything like Clark Kent, or be James Bond. And that we can't be like him/her as a celebrity. But the most important thing is... don't let that thing say that you are an epic looser, you are human, you are something, you can changed the world, or be a normal family person.

Report Spam   Logged
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 10:32:40 am »

Vary good advice dude, mind if I add some.
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:
Purpose: I don't know.

Personal Text Goes Here

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »

Good advice... I always expect the plain Nonsense. Why? I am the source in my school. After all, who goes around calling people 'flying cheeseburnger marshmallows of insanity'?

Besides, when you go to a new school, and you didn;t get a good impression with people at yiour old one... it's a new start, basically. You can start over with new people. Don't let the new people get a bad impression of you- have them get a good impression. Like, I went from the boring nerdy guy to the awesome funny but smart guy.
Report Spam   Logged

We shall find our way home
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 01:40:17 pm »

Excellent advice, Maple.
I will add one thing. If you have a teacher you think does not like you, get an A.. it will drive them crazy!
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Maplen13
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Failure isn't something bad, it is your mentor

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 09:57:35 pm »

Thank you, MsRR. But that advice also was something I never thought of, and make sense.... And I have to say I like that one. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Purpose: Stuff.

Sixth Year Anniversary Level 6 Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 12:09:38 pm »

Good advice Maple. I only suceed in maybe 4 or 5 of your suggestions though.

OH, and just one thing for students who don't like school-

Remember this-unless you're plannig to be a pro athlete (and even there you chances are slim) odds are when you grow up, you're going to need an eduction for your job. You can't just ask for money, you have to work for it. School is Your only way to really get an education. Don't take what you're learning for granted, don't resent it, you need an education.
Report Spam   Logged

by that logic, cheese graters do not exist, as they are not graters made of cheese.
Quote from: My Best Friend
Do you just make everything I say into a quote?
Quote from: Gandalf
"You've found Narnia, Harry."
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:23:48 am »

How is this working out for you guys so far?
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 09:01:20 am »

First trimester: Not as good as ussual
Currently: Great
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum