News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 12:32:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Procrastination

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Procrastination  (Read 1231 times)
Dudebot5000
Viridian City Gym Leader
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team

Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« on: September 20, 2009, 07:24:30 pm »

This is a common problem many struggle with, but are unable to easily get past. So post tips for beating procrastination here.

(I'll admit, I constantly struggle with this. For example, it is Sunday, almost 8:30, and I have yet to start my homework. Granted, I was camping all weekend, but still. D=)
Report Spam   Logged

# of days of torture school survived so far: 86 1/2 as of 01/11/010

Chuck Norris Fact of the Day:
The best part of waking up, is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.
View older quotes here.
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 07:27:12 pm »

This is a common problem many struggle with, but are unable to easily get past. So post tips for beating procrastination here.

(I'll admit, I constantly struggle with this. For example, it is Sunday, almost 8:30, and I have yet to start my homework. Granted, I was camping all weekend, but still. D=)
Never do today, what you can put off till tomorrow, did I get it right?
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
korchi12
NeSu Leader
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Purpose: Complete my focus...

Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary Search
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:27:43 pm »

Oh yeah this is me. I had to write two essays and have had since wednesday to write them and they are due tomorrow. I just finished them at 8:30 tonight.
Report Spam   Logged

My Deviant check out my Art!<br /><br />2nd place in KF\'s Contest #6: MLN Avatars
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 07:29:23 pm »

I think Korchi missed this
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
Dudebot5000
Viridian City Gym Leader
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 07:32:01 pm »

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Report Spam   Logged

# of days of torture school survived so far: 86 1/2 as of 01/11/010

Chuck Norris Fact of the Day:
The best part of waking up, is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.
View older quotes here.
korchi12
NeSu Leader
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Purpose: Complete my focus...

Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary Search
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 07:38:25 pm »

I think Korchi missed this

So true, I usually end up doing that myself Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

My Deviant check out my Art!<br /><br />2nd place in KF\'s Contest #6: MLN Avatars
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:39:07 pm »

Couldn't have said it better myself.
I think it has something to do with the things you HAVE to do, if you tell yourself, "I want", instead of "I have to", you may get the task done...
Report Spam   Logged

B~T
Network Surfer
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 5

Awards:

Level 5 Level 4 Fourth Year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 07:40:24 pm »

I missed that fact too DX

And I have procrastination problems too...

My procrastination issue has gotten lighter since 7th Grade I procrastinated, and epic consequences occurred... >_>

Despite still being a procrastinator, remind yourselves that if you put off for one day, ten days will pass.
Report Spam   Logged
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 07:46:26 pm »

I missed that fact too DX

And I have procrastination problems too...

My procrastination issue has gotten lighter since 7th Grade I procrastinated, and epic consequences occurred... >_>

Despite still being a procrastinator, remind yourselves that if you put off for one day, ten days will pass.
awesome words and advice... but I'm not cured yet, so don't stop
Report Spam   Logged

Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Christian, Musician, Writer, Dreamer, Protector

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 07:47:36 pm »

I just kind of had to force myself to do certain things. Don't really have any tips on this side...
Report Spam   Logged
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 07:53:16 pm »

Man, I wish you'd bust out (for Flash)
Report Spam   Logged

LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 08:57:54 pm »

I always procrastinate and leaves a big afffect on my grades.
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Micah477
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 3

Purpose: Improvement

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 09:25:25 pm »

I have a paper due Tuesday, I opened word up about half an hour ago........I'm just taking it slow........really really really slow.....
Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 09:28:44 pm »

I have a paper due Tuesday, I opened word up about half an hour ago........I'm just taking it slow........really really really slow.....
What are you writing about, real slow, 2 weeks from today, maybe I can help, I know how to yell if you need inspiration...
Report Spam   Logged

Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Purpose: Stuff.

Sixth Year Anniversary Level 6 Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 09:31:42 pm »

I have a REALLYSUPEREPIC bad procrastination problem. XP

My words of...whatever word means the opposite of wisdom for people with procrastination problems:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Why do today what you can force your grandkids to do in 50 years?
It only needs to be done by tommorow if someone will yell at you if you don't do it.

As you can see, I'm a pretty bad influence.
Report Spam   Logged

by that logic, cheese graters do not exist, as they are not graters made of cheese.
Quote from: My Best Friend
Do you just make everything I say into a quote?
Quote from: Gandalf
"You've found Narnia, Harry."
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 09:38:29 pm »

I have a REALLYSUPEREPIC bad procrastination problem. XP

My words of...whatever word means the opposite of wisdom for people with procrastination problems:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Why do today what you can force your grandkids to do in 50 years?
It only needs to be done by tommorow if someone will yell at you if you don't do it.

As you can see, I'm a pretty bad influence.
That was great pal, my Dad used to say the first one all the time, #2, I love the extension and the further putting off till 50...#3, sorry needs a little re-wording, but you're on the wrong track, and a fine procrastinator to boot...
Report Spam   Logged

Micah477
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 3

Purpose: Improvement

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 09:41:20 pm »

What are you writing about, real slow, 2 weeks from today, maybe I can help, I know how to yell if you need inspiration...

Yeah, I'm probably going to end-up doing most of it in the morning Tongue
So, if you could just tell me to get off and start writing in the most rude and straight forward way you can, that would be great Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 10:16:57 pm »

Oh yeah this is me. I had to write two essays and have had since wednesday to write them and they are due tomorrow. I just finished them at 8:30 tonight.

I have been the charter president of the procrastination club, but there are times when I cannot allow myself that luxury.  I have been especially guilty of working on the projects I thought would be fun, exciting or interesting first, instead of the ones that needed to be finished first. One practice I adopted was to not accept projects that I could not get excited about. That works until a good CLIENT asks me to work on a dull & boring project for them. Then I have to put the anti procrastination program into play.

1. Many people procrastinate because they fear the pain of doing the action more than the pleasure of completing the action. Realize that a high percentage of the time, the fear you feel, is not real, but is fear you created yourself, and only you can destroy it. Concentrate on the GOAL.

2. Are you procrastinating to protect yourself from some unknown variable? Find out what that is, and then think your way around it. Visualize the reward you'll receive for taking the action.

3. Say this: I am a person who gets things done. - Never say "I am a procrastinator" or "I'm going to stop procrastinating now" because it'll never happen. Focus on ACTION.

4. Realize that procrastination is a learned habit. Stretch yourself for 21 days without major procrastination, and you may create a new action oriented habit

5. Try to think of large, complicated or time-consuming project as a series of small, manageable parts. Smaller tasks are attractive because they are short, easy, and produce immediate gratification. Keep in mind that all projects, no matter how massive, are only a series of small items reassembled.

6. Reward yourself for good behavior. Punishing yourself for goofing off is not nearly as effective. Reward yourself at milestones in the process, not just at the completion. It can be as simple as a cookie.

No great accomplishment ever happened without massive action, so GO FOR IT! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Maplen13
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Failure isn't something bad, it is your mentor

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 10:28:34 pm »

Well that's very amazing tips for stopping procrastination MsRR, and I think I do that myself as well.

But Also, there one other thing that made me do stuff, that of being procrastinating, and that was done by my Planner, yea, with that I organizes and did stuff that I usually procrastinate on. Amazing. But that was added to one of the Mental things I put, like what MsRR said.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 02:43:51 am »

I think using a planner or other scheduling aide is an excellent suggestion.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum