News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 04:35:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

ILLEGAL ALIENS IN THE USA

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ILLEGAL ALIENS IN THE USA  (Read 5281 times)
Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Christian, Musician, Writer, Dreamer, Protector

Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 02:12:18 pm »

We all don't mind immigrants - after all, we are all immigrants. The issue at hand, is whether you are an illegal immigrant.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 03:07:11 pm »

Exactly. Because LEGAL immigrants pay taxes and help support the economy.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

Purpose: To catch up with some old folks around this here fine website.

I'm back!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2009, 04:14:25 pm »

NO, you are wrong.. very wrong.
Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone -- that they have not first taken away from someone else.
Read back in topic to see the real costs of Ilegal immigrants in the US, which inludes schools in some cities having to give up sports, music, etc.

Read this as well..
Dear Mr. President, Senate and House of Representatives:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family (18-20 mouths) into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.  I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?  Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services
I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All Mexico government forms need to also be printed in English.

4.  I want my kids to be taught Spanish
by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag on one of the flag  poles
at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy
access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but, I don't plan
to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo
from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put U.S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th.

I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes,
or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be
extremely nice and never say a critical things about me or my family,
or about the strain we might place on their economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who come to the U.S. from Mexico.  I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely, US Citizen & Taxpayer

Mmm-hmm. Your point?

What I AM trying to say is that I believe everyone should have a chance at the United States. If you have read the Bible and/or the Ten Commandments, it says to treat others the way you would have be treated.

If anything, we should make it easier for them to cross if they really do need it. You know, some Mexicans are out trying to find a job, and some of them can only get a job fixing or putting on a new roof, just so that they can make a living, and hopefully, help their OWN family and TRY to pay taxes. Why do you think they cross illegally? Because maybe they can't even get there, even IF they try?

None of us are dogs, well, excluding terrorists, but that's a whole other topic. We should all be treated like a family member in the world.

Why do you have objection to letting others have a chance at an American Dream, especially even when they REALLY need it?

P.S I don't even get the letter. Aren't we talking about immigrants, not Americans?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:17:51 pm by IndyMan » Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Wagner
indy how are owl city and lost related?
Dudebot5000
Viridian City Gym Leader
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 04:22:27 pm »

The letter is from the point of a US citizen planning to move to Mexico illegally and expecting all services illegal immigrants get here without any problems whatsoever. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

# of days of torture school survived so far: 86 1/2 as of 01/11/010

Chuck Norris Fact of the Day:
The best part of waking up, is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.
View older quotes here.
Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

I'm back!

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 04:24:01 pm »

The letter is from the point of a US citizen planning to move to Mexico illegally and expecting all services illegal immigrants get here without any problems whatsoever. Wink

OK, but aren't we talking about Mexican immigrants? Huh?

P.S Could you please change my username to the team color of Network Surfers?
Report Spam   Logged

Dudebot5000
Viridian City Gym Leader
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2009, 04:26:25 pm »

It's being sarcastic. If an illegal immigrant wrote that to the President Obama, would he honestly comply with no questions asked? Well, it works in reverse. If they can come here and get tons of free stuff, then why can't we move there to recieve the same?

Already did. Check the "Users Online" box. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

# of days of torture school survived so far: 86 1/2 as of 01/11/010

Chuck Norris Fact of the Day:
The best part of waking up, is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.
View older quotes here.
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2009, 04:31:59 pm »

This "individual has talent and brains". What about Canada eh? We make them legal instead.  cool

Better MsRR?

"This post is considered SPAM.  http://www.mlno.org/index.php/topic,1341.0.html defines why it is labeled as such."

Please do not quote the post directly above you. It is considered spam. ~MsRR
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:16:04 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2009, 04:33:20 pm »

Immigrants are welcome if they are LEGAL immigrants. I am legal, and I venture to say most if not all of our members are. If someone wants to be here they should be willing to pay the price, and immigrate legally.
And as for the letter.. it illustrates all WE give the illegal immigrants , from Mexico and elsewhere. Would they treat us as we have treated them?? NO they would throw us in jail, and in some countries even shoot us.
Our country is loosing everything that made it great in the name of kindness.

Paul told members of the church at Thessalonica, "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." Paul's instruction about the support of widows required family members to provide first: "But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to show piety at home, and to recompense their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God," "But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel" and "If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed" ( 1 Timothy 5:4, 8, 16). The order of support is from family first and then from the church.

There aren't any scriptures, however, where New Testament church leaders expected the government to relieve them. Such thinking is conspicuously absent from the New Testament. The role of government from a Christian perspective is simply to punish evildoers and praise those who do well ( 1 Peter 2:14). The vast majority of passages that mention the Christians' interaction with the government speak of the Christian monetarily supporting the government, not vice versa. See Matthew 22:21, Mark 12:17, Luke 20:25, Romans 13:6-7, and 1 Peter 2:17. It is extraordinarily out of context to suggest that some government entitlement program is "Christian."

In the case of illegal immigrants work before eat means enter legally (work) before living in America.

Illegal Immigration breaks one of God's commandments. Thou shalt not steal.
Report Spam   Logged

MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

I'm back!

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2009, 04:35:47 pm »

Never mind. You are clearly not getting my point. I SAID make it EASIER, not fully allow them WITHOUT permission from the government.

So, I am dropping out of this discussion, seeing as my opinion is, well, dumb. I'll stick to what my faith tells me.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:15:21 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 04:40:10 pm »

Your opinion is not dumb.. it is just different than mine. That is what debate is all about. Different opinions. Some of these debates go on for a hundred pages.
Can you give me some specific ways to make it easier??
Report Spam   Logged

Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

I'm back!

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 04:55:29 pm »

Your opinion is not dumb.. it is just different than mine. That is what debate is all about. Different opinions. Some of these debates go on for a hundred pages.
Can you give me some specific ways to make it easier??

I know what debates are about. Heck, I took classes for 8 months of my life about them.

I don't really care, I say to the government that I don't give a hey to what they do. I say let the people decide who should be allowed. Never mind any of my other posts. The government isn't making our lives, in my opinion, any better than the 70's. All that has advanced in numbers or other things are unhealthy people, Macs, technology in general, and the fact that people are being generally disrespected, in MANY COUNTLESS ways.

I say give it ALL to the peoples decision.

And though I may only be twelve, I know what life is about. It's hard, sometimes depressing, not at ALL understandable until you get to a certain age, and it's no joke nor fun and games.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 04:57:25 pm by IndyMan » Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2009, 05:01:25 pm »

Most people do not want illegal aliens in our country. LEGAL aliens, yes. But many of us are tired of having so much of our pay go to taxes that support people who never paid a penny in taxes.
I am tired of school programs being cut ( sports, arts, music) at the same time they allow non-citizens to make up 25% of the school population.

No other country in the world does this.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

I'm back!

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2009, 05:07:29 pm »

Well, I am homeschooled and I have to PAY for that stuff. Not only the gear and equipment, I have to take my REAL hard earned money from what I have earned over the hot, weary summer just to pay for that stuff like the field, keeping it generally clean, ETC. And I enjoy it for the most part, but not all. You may not know that unless you've played football and have to cough-up $350 of the $400 needed to play for a few weeks, but who knows, you may have done that yourself before.

I just want to make that a point that I have experience in paying for stuff, and I know what is going on in life. I am a big part in something called Teenpact. It is a place for this kinda stuff for teens, like myself.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:14:45 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2009, 05:23:05 pm »

This "individual has talent and brains". What about Canada eh? We make them legal instead.

I stand by my post, and just because I respond with a single sentence to three paragraphs, doesn't mean it's spam. If you wish for me to explain myself, then please ask, I may comply to a question rather then a slap on the wrist a little quicker and nicer aswell.

I'll elaborate my statement, Indy speaks from his heart, so far as I can tell, but he speaks from mine aswell, I hate some US policies and most consider Canada the greatest country in the world, but the Mexicans have to go through US soil before they get to Canada and are usually welcomed with opened arms instead of get back to where you came from, I AM CANADIAN and proud of it, (also taxed to death, but what the hey, a small price to pay for true freedom).

Sounds like the first line eh?
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

I'm back!

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »

Well, I am homeschooled and I have to PAY for that stuff. Not only the gear and equipment, I have to take my REAL hard earned money from what I have earned over the hot, weary summer just to pay for that stuff like the field, keeping it generally clean, ETC. And I enjoy it for the most part, but not all. You may not know that unless you've played football and have to cough-up $350 of the $400 needed to play for a few weeks, but who knows, you may have done that yourself before.

I just want to make that a point that I have experience in paying for stuff, and I know what is going on in life. I am a big part in something called Teenpact. It is a place for this kinda stuff for teens, like myself.

MSRR! IT ISN'T SPAM! YOU TOLD ME SOMETHING IN A DIFFERENT POST! AND I RESPONDED! Have you ever considered that you are kinda hurting someone's feelings? Cry

Ugh. Thanks for at least understanding and sticking by, Legodac. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 05:31:06 pm »

Indy, when a mod tells you not to do something don't do it.
legodac, you should know better by now.
QUOTING THE POST ABOVE YOU IS NOT TO BE DONE
If you guys want to fight do it somewhere else.
This topic is in danger of being locked if this continues.

Report Spam   Logged

Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

I'm back!

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 05:34:44 pm »

Indy, when a mod tells you not to do something don't do it.
legodac, you should know better by now.
QUOTING THE POST ABOVE YOU IS NOT TO BE DONE
If you guys want to fight do it somewhere else.
This topic is in danger of being locked if this continues.

You don't get it, do you? Sure, you may have been online 100 days of your time. Sure, you may be a new mod. But others have feelings. And just totally disregarding one's is just wrong and makes others sad. Is it hard to see that? Huh? :-[ Cry Sad

You know, I came to try to have fun, but I guess getting in this debate to try and state my opinion just got, well, something that is bad. Not sure what.

P.S I am sorry for quoting this post, but I want to let you know how I FEEL and how OTHERS HAVE FEELINGS, and SOMETIMES they HURT.

Indy, no one is trying to hurt anyone's feelings. IN order for everyone to enjoy the forum everyone must follow the rules.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:45:40 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2009, 05:38:43 pm »

Double post bad, but but this is a joke..

I type slow, my posts are usually long winded aswell and when I'm finished and ready to press post and I see in red "while you where typing someone may have posted, you may want to modify your post", guess what, I'm pressing that post button again. That's a good reason for quoting the post above. If I simply reply, it will be taken out of context if 2 or 3 people post before I get the chance to post what I want to share or teach or learn.

BOT when the US Senate realizes one day. that "all men where created equal", perhaps we'll have a world without borders, and terrorism might just subside aswell, food for thought  Wink

You know very well  that when you post if someone has posted while you are typing you get a warning! Stop fighting now or I will be forced to lock this.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:43:58 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2009, 05:40:42 pm »

MSRR! IT ISN'T SPAM! YOU TOLD ME SOMETHING IN A DIFFERENT POST! AND I RESPONDED! Have you ever considered that you are kinda hurting someone's feelings? Cry

Ugh. Thanks for at least understanding and sticking by, Legodac. Smiley
Right back at you, kindred spirit
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2009, 06:40:23 pm »

Alright, so.

Indy: You were responding to her, yes, but there is another way of responding than quoting her when her post is right about yours. Do like I do and attach a name and a :, or use @MsRR:, or such. But think about some people who may not want to scroll through tons of quotes, some of them being the post right before that. Wink

Legodac: If you're afraid that someone may post before you because you type slow, then add something to show you're responding to a certain person instead of the person above you. Like I said above, people may not want to scroll and read through it when it's right above.

One more thing about it is this is a rule. Even though it either disappeared or for some reason didn't make it in transition to MLNO until today, I distinctly remember seeing the rule over on ZETS, or in the early days of MLNO. And it's for the same reason I just said; because people don't want to scroll through tons of quotes that were just recent just to get to the new content. It's better when it's like a page back or so, but when it's the post right above yours, it's not needed. And now it's been added back into the Rules topic.

Now, I'm going to give this another shot, and let you guys off only this time with a warning, but since this mostly was because of the arguing with a mod thing, even if MsRR is a new mod, she's still a mod. So I'm going to give this one more chance, but if I hear from MsRR that she's had to lock this again... Plus, I'll also be keeping an eye on this for the next little while as well. Okay then? Really, it's no big deal not to quote someone right above you...
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum