News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 05:38:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

ILLEGAL ALIENS IN THE USA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ILLEGAL ALIENS IN THE USA  (Read 5313 times)
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 10:19:35 pm »

Most people won't really understand some of the major side affects of illegal immigration.

It has cost my state of California millions of dollars and lots of problems go unnoticed.

Gang violence is a large problem as lots of the members are illegal thus when they kill someone they are unable to be tracked.

lots of my relatvies came here LEGALLY admist troubled times. The Armenian genocide being an example.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:28:31 pm by Blade » Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Complete the objective, regardless of cost.

Level 4 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 11:59:32 pm »

Easy answer: This is the Americans country. If they want to come over here, they can apply the legal way. Otherwise, the government needs to take action with this problem...but considering the two party system is in charge, nothing will happen....
Fixed it for ya

@anyone saying illegals are okay: My great-great-grandfather on my mother's side immigrated LEGALLY to the US in 1854. The family he started in the States got good jobs and did what they should, and after about 100 years, my great-uncle, who worked for Wurlitzer at the time, invented the earliest electronic keyboard.

His ancestors did not cut corners, avoid the government, etc. They followed the rules and contributed something important to the world.
Report Spam   Logged

We've been observing out here in Arizona that the people in power who shout loudest about "the law is the law" and "what about illegal don't you understand" are usually the biggest lawbreakers here. Par for the course.
Bricksaber07
X H4X0R
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation -10

Purpose: Listen to all of the All-American Rejects's songs.....wait, I already did that.

Level 3 Third Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 02:41:29 pm »

Easy answer: This is the Americans country. If they want to come over here, they can apply the legal way. Otherwise, the government needs to take action with this problem...but considering the two party system is in charge, nothing will happen....
Fixed it for ya

@anyone saying illegals are okay: My great-great-grandfather on my mother's side immigrated LEGALLY to the US in 1854. The family he started in the States got good jobs and did what they should, and after about 100 years, my great-uncle, who worked for Wurlitzer at the time, invented the earliest electronic keyboard.

His ancestors did not cut corners, avoid the government, etc. They followed the rules and contributed something important to the world.

Fixed it? The Republicans aren't in charge, but will be if obama keeps acting arrogant and stuff.

I agree with you. They should come in legally.

That's awesome about the keyboard!
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Spilo
I'm your friendly, neighborhood, personal stalker

Quote from: CRX
high pitched screaming is obnoxious to me
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 08:48:26 pm »

Fixed it for ya

Fixed it? The Republicans aren't in charge, but will be if obama keeps acting arrogant and stuff.

I agree with you. They should come in legally.

That's awesome about the keyboard!
No, my point is, even if the GOP is in charge, they too will still do nothing. They didn't do anything from 1994-2006, why would they start if they took over in 2010?
Report Spam   Logged

We've been observing out here in Arizona that the people in power who shout loudest about "the law is the law" and "what about illegal don't you understand" are usually the biggest lawbreakers here. Par for the course.
Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Christian, Musician, Writer, Dreamer, Protector

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:00 pm »

Guys, can we please just drop the issue on the GOP and the Democrats and get back to the real issue at hand?

Thanks.

Anyway, what are your views on the borders of our country? From personal experience, I can say that Canada is... decent, but Mexico is terrible.
Report Spam   Logged
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 12:23:51 am »

What in the heck is THAT supposed to mean?
Report Spam   Logged

Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 11:00:24 am »

If you'll notice, the only real "border" enforcement we have for Mexico is a stupid little fence.
Report Spam   Logged
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 12:34:39 pm »

Bro, it's a fence, plus armed guards, plus helicopters, plus local law enforcement.

Also, it might work better if local law enforcement would work WITH the Border Patrol.
Report Spam   Logged

Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 03:36:16 pm »

And yet we still have illegal immigrants being transported into here regularly, aren't we? Not to mention illegal drugs and human trafficking. Oh yeah, and what the heck are we supposed to do with all the illegal immigrants already here.

Pip, pip cheerio and give them all insurance, credit cards, and registration as American "citizens"?
Report Spam   Logged
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 07:47:21 pm »

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR......

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY....

BUT,  IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET:

1.   A DRIVERS LICENSE
           2.   A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
           3.   WELFARE
           4.   FOOD STAMPS AND
           5.   FREE HEALTH CARE!

What do YOU think we should do about illegal aliens in the USA?

This is a cute topic and well started MsRR.

Send them to my country, I'll give em' a job and make something out of them, Love Thy Neighbor...and give them the time of day
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 07:55:48 pm »

I think if you read some of the posts in between you wouldn't think it was so cute. Please read the post about the COSTS of ILLEGAL immigrants.

BTW for the record I have absolutely nothing against LEGAL immigration. 
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 04:26:39 am »

Agreed with MsRR. The example I gave is why most Americans are more than happy to receive people who follow the rules, more often than not those who follow the rules have incentive to do good for their host nation, mainly, to make up their financial or time losses. In fact, most of the big inventions in US history have been made by immigrants.

It's when people cross the border illegally that upsets us.
Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 11:41:57 pm »

In Biting the Hand That Feeds You, Congressman Steve King of Iowa noted:

What would the May 1, 2006, illegal immigration boycott look like without illegal immigration?

* The lives of 12 U.S. citizens would be saved who otherwise would die a violent death at the hands of murderous illegal aliens each day.
    * Another 13 Americans would survive who are otherwise killed each day by uninsured drunk driving illegals.
    * There would be no one to smuggle across our southern border the heroin, marijuana, cocaine, and methamphetamines, which plague the United States, reducing the U.S. supply of methamphetamines that day, by 80%.
    * Our hospital emergency rooms would not be flooded with everything from gunshot wounds, to anchor babies, to imported diseases, to hangnails, giving American citizens the day off from standing in line behind illegals.
    * Eight American children would not suffer the horror as victims of sex crimes.

I'll bet you did not see Congressman King's comments on the evening news.

Here are just some of the negative side affects of illegal immigration:

* easy conduit for terrorists entering the USA
    * massive escalation in crime
    * surge in foreign national prisoners to support for years
    * increases multiculturalism/segregation/divisiveness instead of the American melting pot
    * increasing number of traffic accidents
    * main contributor to surging US population
    * dramatic impact on society and infrastructure, including education
    * main cause of emergency rooms and hospitals closing as well as service cut backs
    * introduction of third world diseases
    * increased welfare costs
    * massive costs to society – over and above contributions
Report Spam   Logged

MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 12:03:02 am »

* easy conduit for terrorists entering the USA--debatable. I'm not aware of a Mexican terror web...
    * massive escalation in crime--okay, that on the other hand is a solid point.
    * surge in foreign national prisoners to support for years--most likely true.
    * increases multiculturalism/segregation/divisiveness instead of the American melting pot--unfortunately, I have to agree here. Hispanics have been incurring a lot of race problems recently...
    * increasing number of traffic accidents--mmmmmm debatable.
    * main contributor to surging US population--I'm not totally sure that's a bad thing...but I'd rather they were legal.
    * dramatic impact on society and infrastructure, including education--that's been a problem for a LONG time. Illegal immigration may be exacerbating the problem, but it's hardly the cause.
    * main cause of emergency rooms and hospitals closing as well as service cut backs--debatable, though it's a burden on hospitals, I don't doubt.
    * introduction of third world diseases--agreed. The CDC added the typhoid vaccine back onto its must-have list in late 2006 for all children aged 6 and under, and adults 65 and over who lived in the South or Southwest states.
    * increased welfare costs--almost certainly true.
    * massive costs to society – over and above contributions--probably.

My responses in bold.
Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:13 am »

We have a huge influx of Afghan aliens through Canada, FYI

Report Spam   Logged

Driver12
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 12:31:21 am »

oic

I think that would reflect worse on Canada than the US...though we should be screening all the same...
Report Spam   Logged

Bricksaber07
X H4X0R
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation -10

Purpose: Listen to all of the All-American Rejects's songs.....wait, I already did that.

Level 3 Third Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 09:46:29 am »

Not only that, but also drug lords who would be happy to slice your head off for no reason at all. They can also be considered terroists.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Spilo
I'm your friendly, neighborhood, personal stalker

Quote from: CRX
high pitched screaming is obnoxious to me
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 02:51:19 pm »

There's a downside to Amnesty for illegal aliens I do not believe we have touched on. Rewarding behavior reinforces it. If we give amnesty to illegal aliens now, more will come illegally.
The process of entering the country legally takes some effort, and should be rewarded with  citizenship. Cheating/ breaking the law should not.

Edit: Holy Frijoles, look at what the healthcare costs DIRECTLY associated with illegals are...

We could eliminate the need for much of the healthcare reform.....
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:59:39 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

Purpose: To catch up with some old folks around this here fine website.

I'm back!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 08:07:03 pm »

I think that this is all just weird.

All of us are humans, right? All of us deserve to be treated like one and not like dogs, right?

So, if it IS illegal to cross, I say to the government to shut their mouth and stop complaining and think in what way it is easier to let people to America. Let's face it, America is one of the greatest countries ever. Wouldn't YOU like to live in it, just like me?

My point is that we shouldn't be treated like dogs, in which I don't think we are, but we could be IF what you say comes true. All of us deserve a shot at the fine country we have.

Am I right?
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Wagner
indy how are owl city and lost related?
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 08:21:06 pm »

NO, you are wrong.. very wrong.
Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone -- that they have not first taken away from someone else.
Read back in topic to see the real costs of Ilegal immigrants in the US, which inludes schools in some cities having to give up sports, music, etc.

Read this as well..
Dear Mr. President, Senate and House of Representatives:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family (18-20 mouths) into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.  I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?  Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services
I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All Mexico government forms need to also be printed in English.

4.  I want my kids to be taught Spanish
by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag on one of the flag  poles
at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy
access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but, I don't plan
to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo
from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put U.S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th.

I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes,
or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be
extremely nice and never say a critical things about me or my family,
or about the strain we might place on their economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who come to the U.S. from Mexico.  I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely, US Citizen & Taxpayer

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum