News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 03:42:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

The Conversation Contest, join in eh

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Conversation Contest, join in eh  (Read 929 times)
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:09:53 pm »

This Contest is about your topic, this topic is about what you contest. Speak, share what you will, and be rewarded for your excellence in creativity, so let's begin with a question, what inspires you most, is it music or a form of art. Perhaps it's anothers words or even you own, share here without fear, let's talk like we're friends.Allrighty then, let's have at this again...

I have several special announcements to make actually, so we'll start at the top of list.

#1  Smiley  I have re-opened two of my locked contests, the Bi-weekly poem and short stories are now there to show off your creative side once more.

#2  Smiley I would also like to make this a place where you can share your contest ideas with us, suggestions, and insights. What would you like to win? What do you like to enter or what are you good at? The conversation perimeters are endless.

#3  Smiley Taken from that last statement, I would like to announce the most special announcement ever made here at MLNO by me, if yours or our conversation sways a little off-topic, kinda like what happens in the real word, you won't be condemned.

Don't you see, we need a place where we can feel free to say what we wish, as long as we're polite and abide by the MLNO rules. I'm a slow typer and a bad speller with a slow computer, and frankly, I just want a place to talk to the people here without having to worry wether or not I'm on-topic.

When I have a dinner party with friends over and I say something, and a friend turns around and changes the subject, I don't tell them to get back on-topic, that would be rude. I understand why the rules are the rules and why they need to be there, but I have enough rules in my life telling what I can and can't do every moment of every day.

So you see, I've fulfilled my "purpose", I've just created the ultimate contest, so effective immediately, all on or off topic conversation will now be judged in a good way, you'll win prizes for your creative comments here. I'll also take requests to judge this new contest on a weekly basis...

Just remember though, it won't be an official contest until Ab-Z approves, for now, we'll talk about, well, anything, I just need approval to give you a prize.
Huh? Huh?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:10:10 pm by legodacenstein » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 04:41:50 pm »

Sad
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:13:52 pm by legodacenstein » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Christian, Musician, Writer, Dreamer, Protector

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:22:13 pm »

(That second post is SPAM  0:) Tongue )

Anyway, why don't you then consider a new topic in the Misc. section for "Anything" or would the Staff allow that...?
Report Spam   Logged
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 01:05:07 pm »

(That second post is SPAM  0:) Tongue )

Anyway, why don't you then consider a new topic in the Misc. section for "Anything" or would the Staff allow that...?
Define spam, if you don't mind...
Report Spam   Logged

Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Christian, Musician, Writer, Dreamer, Protector

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 01:13:00 pm »

"Silly pointless aggravating messages"

Basically, any one-word post, something unneeded/irrelevant, or just plain off-topic Wink
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 07:59:51 pm »

There's a WHOLE topic about it in the help section...

http://www.mlno.org/index.php/topic,1341.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
B~T
Network Surfer
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 5

Awards:

Level 5 Level 4 Fourth Year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »

And you even double posted.

If I were a mod here...
Report Spam   Logged
ab§olute_Z3R0
Official SMF Nerd
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 0

Retired Admin -- Member #4

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 10:24:56 pm »

What did you want me to see here LD?
Report Spam   Logged

Minecraft.Roblox.C#.Spotify.reddit.Steam
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 02:01:18 am »

What did you want me to see here LD?
I need your approval Ab-Z to make this a "Conversation contest".

Basically, all you do is pretend you've just showed up at my place along with a few of our other friends and we talk, about anything, just like in the real world where friends don't say to each other, you can't say that, because you are off-topic.

The contest is judged on creative conversation, humour, wit, and insight.

All MLNO rules will apply and I have 2 rules of my own, there are 2 topics we don't discuss, religion and politics, everything else is wide open, just like in real life. The politics and religious stuff here is already overflowing, I wish to make this a place where anyone can say anything, as long as they're polite and kind to others and to keep it light aswell.

Once approved, or, if approved, I will be awarding MLN prizes 3 times a week, the details I will iron out later.
Report Spam   Logged

Saturn2.0
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Discovery

Wow

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 09:43:25 am »

A conversation topic? Heh, that sounds, like you've really lost your marbles this time Legodac, it might be approved with your diction.
Report Spam   Logged

My discord is wwolf94 if you'd like to find me there.

01/14/14 Just strollin by.
I like how Saturn posted that like 30 seconds later. Therefore he prepared that image beforehand. My conclusion: he's a man with a plan. A schemer.
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 10:14:13 am »

So true Saturn, but I also think you would do well here, they say caffiene is a powerfull conversation booster  Cheesy

You know, some of the most memorable moments in my life came from talking to friends and strangers. when the words click and you're able to share something that came from you and it is then seen as enlightening or even life changing, nothing is more thrilling.

This is true because of a very old saying that has to do with competition, team effort and even War...

The pen is mightier then the sword, which also means nothing is more powerfull then freedom of speach...

I'm doing this for several reasons, the most relevant is for MLNO. I think it's good idea to offer incentive to promote and create more activity in the forum.

The second is, I can. You see being featured has my MLN inventory busting at the seems so I can afford the prizes...

The third is a reason I stated earlier about how I think we need a place to talk without being off-topic. (even though it seems I bend or break the rules here, I still respect them, and all who enforce them, be they mod or not). Count to a million won't cut it because it doesn't offer me anything in the way of incentive to post. The Conversation Contest will do that.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:42:23 am by legodacenstein » Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 12:16:56 pm »

Do you need incentives to post? I post to converse with others. I don't care about prizes or anything here, while they would be nice, I don't need them to post stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 12:33:36 pm »

Do you need incentives to post? I post to converse with others. I don't care about prizes or anything here, while they would be nice, I don't need them to post stuff.
Neither do I buddy, you are wise beyond your years, but "extra" incentive never hurts.

Imagine yourself the inventor and the entrepreneur, you've just invented a product that sells itself, but not quite. Now you must become the salesman, to increase and offer reasons as to why the masses should buy your invention. It's called the tickle.

This potential Conversation contest is offering prizes for creative statements. I'll say again, the prizes aren't key, the pat on the back is. Everyone, and I do mean everyone wants to hear from another how smart they are, trust me, I'm as elusive as you, I have a few things up my sleeve aswell, if and when it comes together, it will make much more sence.

177 reads on the first page, what does that tell you?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:05:46 pm by legodacenstein » Report Spam   Logged

ab§olute_Z3R0
Official SMF Nerd
Artisan

MLNO Reputation 0

Retired Admin -- Member #4

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 02:52:45 pm »

I guess I'll approve. When you first sent the link and asked me to look at it, I had ABSOLUTELY NO idea what this topic was about... you need to be less vague.
Report Spam   Logged

Minecraft.Roblox.C#.Spotify.reddit.Steam
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 03:01:01 pm »

I guess I'll approve. When you first sent the link and asked me to look at it, I had ABSOLUTELY NO idea what this topic was about... you need to be less vague.
Is that what they call, calling the kettle black? I like being elusive, it makes people think, there's not enough of that these days and thanks, I'll make you proud.Why not start big, what is the meaning of life, who dares to answer??
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 03:30:31 pm by legodacenstein » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum