News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 29, 2024, 01:32:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

BIBLE STUDY TOPIC

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIBLE STUDY TOPIC  (Read 3086 times)
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2010, 06:12:57 pm »

Not currently, but I'll be sure to find one.
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Christian, Musician, Writer, Dreamer, Protector

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2010, 03:08:39 pm »

How about this one?

4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
 6Who, being in very nature[a] God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
 7but made himself nothing,
      taking the very nature[b ] of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.
 8And being found in appearance as a man,
      he humbled himself
      and became obedient to death—
         even death on a cross!

Philippians 2:4-8
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010, 01:10:28 am »

This is one of the prime passages in the NT. It has in it the deep mystery of the will of God and the light of his grace. To the theologians have come seeking to know God personally. To it the fellowship of believers have come to be inspired for their living together in peace. Profound, illuminating, moving, this passage is a prime treasure and a prime requirement for the church and every Christian.
Paul has exhorted us to possess four specific traits:

1. Unity and harmony .

2. Freedom from faction and vainglory. (vainglory n. , pl. , -ries . Boastful, unwarranted pride in one's accomplishments or qualities. Vain, ostentatious display.)

3. Lowliness. ( Not needing to be "fine)

4. Concern for others.

If we truly want harmony and unity in our fellowship, we must follow v. 5.
"Mind" ... literally "attitude." "Have the exact attitudes of Christ and you will find joy in your unity and harmony!"
Outlook determines everything! If one's outlook is selfish his actions will be dictated by his attitude..Thus verse 5 stresses the need for us to develop the proper attitude toward others. How can we do this? By following the example of Jesus Christ.

Freedom from faction and vainglory= "My faith is better than your faith"
Christ intended us to work together, grow together, help each other..not compete for parishioners.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
MsRowdyRedhead
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 01:38:52 am »

I am going to double post, because I found this wonderful verse..

Zephaniah 3:17, “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”

First this verse tells us that God is with us, we are never alone, his unchanging presence is always with us. He is also mighty to save us:  It is this God who takes great delight in us. He is always with you, constant, reliable, unceasing in His presence and gladness towards You. He freely rejoices over you out of the abundance and steadfastness of His heart. The intensity of His delight in you is so great that it overflows in song. As the trials or even the mundane of life threaten to make you lose heart, remember the unchanging, ever-present, mighty warrior God likes you so much that right now in heaven He is bursting into song. Take some time to shut out all the other voices that vie for your attention and listen for the voice of God singing over you in love.
Report Spam   Logged

MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
Flash-әdge
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 1

Christian, Musician, Writer, Dreamer, Protector

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2010, 09:21:21 pm »

Oh, great verse ^.^ And you covered it very well.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2011, 01:22:16 pm »

It would seem a daunting task to achieve understanding, and yet that is what we need to do as best we can.
2 Tim 2:15* Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.
Instead of looking at the Bible as a document we all need to ratify, or an instruction manual for the world, look at the Bible as a personal letter from God to you.
The Lord never intended generations of His children to to push each other apart, each claiming to have the "correct" interpretation. He meant for us all to read with our heart open, and let the lessons have personal meaning to each of us.
There is NO paragraph in the Bible that says we should have different denominations and sects.
Each book of the Bible is taking a snapshot of God's love for the world from a different angle..so that we may understand it's richness and depth
Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »

Totally off topic.

~MsRR
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:31:36 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Jayko
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 12

Purpose: To post informative and helpful posts!

Kaboom!

Search Level 4 Apple User
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2011, 07:26:57 pm »

I do love this topic, though before we go any further, I would like to hear from our teacher why she thinks God exists in the first place. You get 100 words my friend, make sure you make them powerful.
The first post says that this isn't a debate... It shouldn't be required that MsRR gives a reason as to why.
Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
MLNO Forum Moderator
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2011, 07:30:15 pm »

Thank you Jayko.

Legodac, this is a Bible STUDY topic.

It would seem a daunting task to achieve understanding, and yet that is what we need to do as best we can.
2 Tim 2:15* Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.
Instead of looking at the Bible as a document we all need to ratify, or an instruction manual for the world, look at the Bible as a personal letter from God to you.
The Lord never intended generations of His children to to push each other apart, each claiming to have the "correct" interpretation. He meant for us all to read with our heart open, and let the lessons have personal meaning to each of us.
There is NO paragraph in the Bible that says we should have different denominations and sects.
Each book of the Bible is taking a snapshot of God's love for the world from a different angle..so that we may understand it's richness and depth
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 08:37:27 pm by MsRowdyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum