News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 07:18:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set #4560-1 Railway Express

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set #4560-1 Railway Express  (Read 698 times)
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« on: December 27, 2009, 09:10:49 pm »

Now I think (and Raks would probably agree with me on this) that the late 90s and early 00's sets were some of the best times for lego. This was a set my brother and I got from my aunt when we were real little. This set, I personally find to be one of the best if not the best train set made by lego. While it may seem small at first it was quite large. The main attraction is the train. Consisting of two cars and a front it extremely awesome. The interior of the cars is detailed with rare TVs, pizzas, food menus, and a lot more. The overall train is a good source for bricks as it includes many bricks, windows, and some cool looking roofs. The train station is also neat. It has three cars (one of which is neat and fairly rare) alongside several detail boxes and a convienient ramp. This set is one of the most influential in my lego career as I have used the bricks (mainly the windows, roofs, and ramps) pssibly hundreds of times. I have also made up many stories about the trains and the snowy caves the boxes show them to be on. Overall this an amazing set. Buy it if you can.

*Credit to peeron for the pic.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:12:22 pm by LordVaderRulez » Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:42:52 pm »

I remember wanting to buy this so many times, great review and thanks for reminding me, because I still can, thanks for the review.
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:

4 8 15 16 23 42

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 11:01:23 pm »

No problem guys. Glad you remember these sets too.
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:
Purpose: To do something.

Fourth Year Anniversary Apple User Search
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 03:14:42 am »

I think I remember staring at this set when it came out, I really wanted a Trains set... not that I got one in the end. I hope they make more trains sets, they used to have small ones with just the front part or huge ones which came with track and cabins. Good times...
TBD
Report Spam   Logged

I'm back. Probably not for long, as I've got school stuff to attend to, and I'll probably want to get a job at some point (hopefully self-employed). But nice to see you all again anyway.
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:

4 8 15 16 23 42

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 02:15:44 pm »

I hope they make more too, the only problem is I have way to many 9V trains and tracks to swith over.
Report Spam   Logged

[/center]
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 02:31:43 pm »

I know how you feel pal, and then some
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum