News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 05:02:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

RELIGION: Should we debate or just share?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RELIGION: Should we debate or just share?  (Read 210 times)
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:33:08 pm »

I havn't been on for a few, and when that happens and I come back, there's always a new topic on religion in the debate forum...ie: the following...

Quote from: Jedi Man Jdg on January 12, 2010, 07:29:06 am
I thought I'd make a topic about debating religion. Is there one TRUE religion, or do all relgions say the same thing? Debate it here.

Interesting, the title when first read simply asks what you believe, yet the desciption of the topic leaves the subject open for debate.

You would have fared better if you'd left the title asking a simple question, "what do you believe?", as apposed to, starting yet another debate about what can not be proven and only speculated.

Debates on apposing points must be be proven with facts in order for the debate to happen in the first place.

This is why religion, so they say should not be discussed.

I say however, it can be, as long as it doesn't become a debate where disagreeing with another on their beliefs causes friction between us all.

The title is perfect, but if you really want to know what I believe, religion and what one believes in life, should never be a debate, just simply shared and respected !!!!!

I posted this Jdg150 topic which at first glance offered a simple question. When I hit the post button, moments later MsRR posted her words.

I'm asking a big question here, and I would like to hear everyones views, for I believe that religion should never be debated.

Here's why, religion is what you believe, and in some peoples cases, most profoundly and devoutley.

To disagree with another on their belief system is simply wrong and in some cases as we've found, rude as well.

I believe that if this forum is to survive that RELIGION should no longer be debated, some may make a post that is within the MLNO guidelines, yet another may be hurt enough to leave.

Yes, I believe it's OK to discuss with each other what we believe, but you'll never convince me that the topic of Religion belongs in a debate.

What do you think?
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Volvox
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:05:29 pm »

I believe discussing religion is perfectly okay. If someone is easily offended by religious debates - I hold no ill will against them if they choose simply not to post, or even read, those topics.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:28:41 pm »

AS you were told, legodac, JDG's topic title was edited due to someone having an issue with it.

We have chosen as a forum to debate religion.

Participate or not in the debate. It is up to you.

But since there are already a number of debates on religion here, this topic will be very limited in scope if it remains open.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 02:12:21 pm »

Locking and archiving
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum