News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 01:33:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

New Prince Of Persia Game! Unity 3D!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Prince Of Persia Game! Unity 3D!  (Read 452 times)
jamesster
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:27:51 am »

Good news: LEGO has signed a contract with Unity to make more web games! This info is from the LEGO Kids Inner Circle, and while we usually aren't allowed to share info from there, I have been able to convince Tim into letting me show this to you. Enjoy!

The same company that made LEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2D2 has now been hired to make more online and downloadable LEGO.com games. The first game, Prince of Persia Adventures, is based off of the new Prince of Persia series, and will be released on LEGO.com in August. While it will use many scripts and models from The Quest for R2D2, it will be more like a total revamp. "We are almost completely redoing everything" says lead 3D modeler Trace Mayler. "While we are using the basic gameplay system set out in our first project, many new systems will be incorporated, such ninja-like fighting moves and jumps for Dastan. We are also working on a level creator and library system, so other players around the world can see your work". Other features include picking up items and weapons, the ability to ride animals like camels, and free moving cameras. "While fixed cameras worked in The Quest For R2D2, they won't here - the user created levels could be anything, from caves to temples. If you have a fixed camera, the player might get stuck in a weird position due to the camera not being able to see him properly". KIC members can download the Windows demo of the game here and the Mac demo here. Note that there is no sound yet - since the movie isn't released, using official music and voice acting isn't possible.
Since KIC downloads only work if you are a member, I have uploaded the game's demo to Mediafire. Here are the links for downloading: Mac demo PC demo
Good luck - the Hassansin boss in Level 3 is though!

EDIT: April Fools Day is over, so I might as well put it here that this was an April Fools Day prank. There is no Prince of Persia game in development (well, that I know of), however, Unity and LEGO actually did sign a contract a while back, so chances are there is some sort of game in development, but we have no clue what it could be. The program I put up was home-made, and would give the user a fake error message (BSOD on Windows version and some random error on Mac), but start playing "Never Gonna Give You Up" after a few seconds and would say "Happy April Fools Day!!". The KIC had no involvement in this whatsoever, it was my own idea (loosely inspired by the Rickrolling feature in LEGO Island 3). Happy April Fools Day everybody!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 05:32:16 pm by jamesster » Report Spam   Logged
lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Team: No Team

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:34:33 am »

Well, it does say that you shouldn't share the information from there.
Report Spam   Logged

Why does the programmer always get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Oct 31 == Dec 25
jamesster
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:36:38 am »

Well, it does say that you shouldn't share the information from there.
Read the first part: "This info is from the LEGO Kids Inner Circle, and while we usually aren't allowed to share info from there, I have been able to convince Tim into letting me show this to you. Enjoy!"
I encourage you to try it... It's quite fun!
Report Spam   Logged
Sim533
Network Surfer
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Purpose: Uhmm, I don't know... =P

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:57:59 am »

I am wondering where the article has been on LKIC? Is this story true or is it a joke?
Report Spam   Logged

Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

Purpose: To catch up with some old folks around this here fine website.

I'm back!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:02:58 pm »

It's a joke. Tongue

He said it was from April fools... you did have me fooled, though. =p
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Wagner
indy how are owl city and lost related?
lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:13:05 pm »

Ha ha when I read this the April fools thing hadn't been on there.
Report Spam   Logged

Why does the programmer always get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Oct 31 == Dec 25
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum