News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 05:35:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

News Team/Reporter Rules

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News Team/Reporter Rules  (Read 2333 times)
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: To do something.

Badges: (View All)
Fourth Year Anniversary Apple User Search
« on: May 02, 2010, 01:06:26 pm »

Here are the draft rules I've come up with for the news team.

1) Spelling and grammar must be understandable, no text language but a few minor typos can be allowed.
2) Reporters will have access to a lower staff board, in which they can note members for adding reputation.
3) Reporters have the ability to moderate the LEGO News and Comments board. (Moderators may be in the News Team if they wish, but non-moderators will be considered for the job first.)
4) Any reporter may be replaced if they are not properly doing their job, or if they abuse the tools.
5) (A minimum of (100) words is required per news story.)
6) If a story is copied from a source, a reporter must add either a synopsis, or their opinion as to a. whet this will mean to fans b.why this is relevant to us. They may add all three as well.   

The stuff in brackets I'm not entirely sure about, but I'd like to here your opinions for all of it. Smiley
Oh, I made a seperate topic for this because the idea has gone ahead now, and so it's a bit more noticeable. If you get what I mean. Cheesy
Kritzelei
Report Spam   Logged

I'm back. Probably not for long, as I've got school stuff to attend to, and I'll probably want to get a job at some point (hopefully self-employed). But nice to see you all again anyway.
Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

Purpose: To catch up with some old folks around this here fine website.

I'm back!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 04:40:31 pm »

Sorry for posting this here, but, where do we join, and how?
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Wagner
indy how are owl city and lost related?
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:53:14 pm »

This sounds pretty good for me, and it just might fit the bil. I'd like to apply for the team, and my first story may come as early as thursday, that is if I'm accepted and the team is up and running.

Hey, the hardest part is coming up with a hundred words, so, I'm a shoe in, you all know how long winded I am and interesting to-boot  Grin Grin.

The Adventures of Clutch Powers has officialy shipped, according to the E-Mail I recieved today, that would be my first story, a review of Lego's first movie, assured to please everyone....That was 100
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »

TBD,
1. I don't understand why typos are ok, given that spellcheck is available to anyone...
2. Why not a team area instead, so the staff board can remain for staff??
3. Alternative.. make the post in the news team board, which reporters can moderate and port to news.

5. How about XXX words or XXX paragraphs?? 
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:
Purpose: I don't know.

Personal Text Goes Here

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 05:44:48 pm »

1. I don't understand why typos are ok, given that spellcheck is available to anyone...

We don't have a spell check button. And if typos weren't allowed, I wouldn't be here.

Because the reporters are staff.
Report Spam   Logged

We shall find our way home
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 05:48:37 pm »

Addressing point 2 by KZ, I'm not staff, but I do want to be a reporter here at MLNO

lower staff bourd is what Tom suggested
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:50:12 pm by Legodac » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 05:52:02 pm »

We don't have a spell check button. And if typos weren't allowed, I wouldn't be here.

1. this is NEWS.. they can compose in word or other program and post.. it is going to be on the Portal page.

2. They do not need to be staff, and it will make all other staff discussions open to people who have not taken the staff test or accepted the staff rules, and if that happens, then I rescind my yes vote.  No offense to reporters, but they would be able to see rep, problems with members, (which might include a reporter at some point) plans and etc. I am totally against that.  I would like to see it so anyone could be a reporter, and then become a good citizen, if that makes sense.
Report Spam   Logged

MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 05:58:21 pm »

1. this is NEWS.. they can compose in word or other program and post.. it is going to be on the Portal page.

2. They do not need to be staff, and it will make all other staff discussions open to people who have not taken the staff test or accepted the staff rules, and if that happens, then I rescind my yes vote.  No offense to reporters, but they would be able to see rep, problems with members, (which might include a reporter at some point) plans and etc. I am totally against that.  I would like to see it so anyone could be a reporter, and then become a good citizen, if that makes sense.
I'm sorry, this must be qouted, I missed MsRR's strongest point, and I have to agree, Power to those who havn't earned it is wrong. I'm happy with helping out and becoming a reporter, I love to gab and searching Lego stuff is my life already.

I need no additional incentive to be your #1 reporter.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoots Da Kine
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 1

Purpose: To catch up with some old folks around this here fine website.

I'm back!

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 07:56:50 pm »

*cough,--cough,--cough* Roll Eyes

Anywho... how do I join?
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Wagner
indy how are owl city and lost related?
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 04:49:55 am »

Reporters will not have any access to the staff board and are not staff, unless that reporter is a staff member. Nobody who hasn't passed the MLNO Mod Academy, gone through the tests there, and proved themselves worthy will be able to gain any access to the staff board. I think the team board MsRR proposed would be a better alternative (and Kritzelei, I think that's what you may have meant by "lower" staff board, because in case you didn't know we have one for all staff and one for admins only  Wink).

While typos and grammatical errors can occur, I believe that every reporter should do every single thing possible to ensure that grammar and spelling are perfect. Yes mistakes can happen, but we as a community want effort and hard work put into news, not skimpy and lazy work.
1) Thanks R8, that's what I meant. Smiley It seems a board has been put up for the reporters.
2) And that's what I meant too. Tongue If necessary I can check the reporter news for any typos.
@KZ: Well, we don't have a spell check, but most browsers (I know Google Chrome does, I think Safari and IE might as well) have spell checks built in.
3. Alternative.. make the post in the news team board, which reporters can moderate and port to news.

5. How about XXX words or XXX paragraphs?? 

3) That would be a better idea. And moderators of can move topics they think are newsworthy to the LEGO News and Comments, but Reporter news stays in the Reporter board.
5) So... minimum of 100 words and/or 2 paragraphs?

*cough,--cough,--cough* Roll Eyes

Anywho... how do I join?

We haven't quite got round to it yet, but I'll notify you when applications open. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:52:29 am by Kritzelei » Report Spam   Logged

I'm back. Probably not for long, as I've got school stuff to attend to, and I'll probably want to get a job at some point (hopefully self-employed). But nice to see you all again anyway.
Sim533
Network Surfer
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Purpose: Uhmm, I don't know... =P

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 05:44:51 am »

We haven't quite got round to it yet, but I'll notify you when applications open. Smiley
Could you notify me too? Thank you !

Also, about how long the article should be. What do you think of at least 150 words and at least one image/picture about the subject.
Report Spam   Logged

Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:
Purpose: I don't know.

Personal Text Goes Here

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 05:59:00 am »

Not all things have images or pictures. I think that if you can find one, use it. If you can't, you don't need a picture.
Report Spam   Logged

We shall find our way home
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:30:45 pm »

That is true, but many things do have a picture or youtube if they are Googled, and you may even find additional information about your story.
Report Spam   Logged

Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 03:51:55 pm »

Could you notify me too? Thank you !

Also, about how long the article should be. What do you think of at least 150 words and at least one image/picture about the subject.
Sure Smiley
That is true, but many things do have a picture or youtube if they are Googled, and you may even find additional information about your story.
Agreed, a picture should be found where possible. And a video from YouTube would be even better. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 12:58:04 pm »

Still here, still watching, still waiting.
  I've seen Clutch Powers btw, but since this isn't a report, you'll have to wait until it is, lol, stands for lot's of lego.

One more btw, by the way, I think (out on a limb) that the reporters should be given the oppertunity to take the mod evaluation test. If they pass, they are given access to the staff bourd, but with one major restriction.

Their story must be proof read and approved by the mods themselves.

Remember, hope and insight as to what is to, or may come, keeps people interested.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 01:16:44 pm »

They will not be allowed into the actual staff board unless they're staff.

What was being heavily debated over was if they'd get their own board; which was pretty much unneeded in that way, since it had already been made when this topic was made.

However, as I have mentioned elsewhere; I do not agree that the reporters should have to move their stories from one board to another just to get it into the news, since in that time, if we had been almost getting a news story out first, we may lose that edge and get it out later than other sites.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Sim533
Network Surfer
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 02:11:41 pm »

Their story must be proof read and approved by the mods themselves.

Then we could just ask them if they move it to the news board and then we shouldn't need to take the mod test, or should have access to the (new) staff board.
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 02:23:46 pm »

Gah. You guys won't have access to any of the staff boards if you become a reporter. You get your own Reporter's board. That's not changing.

However, I don't get how getting it moved would be more effective; as essentially it'd just be what we have now, except only a few people posting it.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
Sim533
Network Surfer
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 02:32:55 pm »

Gah. You guys won't have access to any of the staff boards if you become a reporter. You get your own Reporter's board. That's not changing.

However, I don't get how getting it moved would be more effective; as essentially it'd just be what we have now, except only a few people posting it.
Oh, then that would be a rumor I heard... Sorry...

Maybe you can make some users or one users a mod on both of the boards. (the reporter board and the news board.) In that way he can move it, and do all the rest that is needed.
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 02:35:05 pm »

1. It's okay; just so many people asking, and I had just mentioned it one post up that there wouldn't be any actual MLNO staff board; but rather a Reporter's board. Wink

2. I don't see why the News team can't just have mod powers over the news board. I mean; you don't see shop owners without powers. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum