News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 19, 2024, 03:10:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

MLN Reactions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MLN Reactions  (Read 1019 times)
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« on: May 12, 2011, 03:32:15 pm »

Okay, so, we might not all play MLN anymore; however, the big question is why?

This is intended to indirectly answer that question.

What do you think MLN could use to be something to do? Is it more ranks? Better page setup? A different way of handling things?

Give your opinions here!
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 03:36:52 pm »

The two things that bother me the most: it's incredibly laggy, and ranks 5 and 8 take forever. I've been rank 8 for more than a year, and I'm nowhere near being able to become rank 9.
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 03:40:34 pm »

It is laggy. However, I have a funny feeling that's partly Firefox's Plugin Container's fault.

But yeah; it is laggy, especially the private view. I think it's the way they made that page be handled, since it has to load everything into flash when it first loads. Which doesn't help loading times.

And those two ranks do take forever, unfortunately. They fixed one rank, but forgot about the other two problematic ones. =P Though, that is partly due to some of the MLN forums closing their shops due to people not seemingly being interested in keeping them running; the Superstock being a big example there.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:49:32 pm »

@ The Truth, 5 and 8 are hard but passable, just ask for help from those who are willing to give.

I still play MLN, I mean really, speaking honestly, when things slowed down here I went to MLN Team and found a younger MLN crowd, which I embraced and found that that simple interaction took us other places aswell.

I'm almost 50 and still find a game designed for kids appealling.

The following interaction is the key, when you say hello to someone who does not expect that, you discover a world that entertains both, no matter how old or young they are
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Canama
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: I dunno.

Tenth Year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:42:13 pm »

I kind of gave up on MLN when I reached Rank 7. It took forever and I sort of stopped. Now that MLN has basically died completely, I have given up on ever advancing.

If anyone wants to click my Pet Rabbit Module and help me get to Rank 8, though, be my guest.

-Canama
Report Spam   Logged
Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:
Purpose: I don't know.

Personal Text Goes Here

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »

I stopped because I got to Rank 10.

And then I lost interest because they didn't add anything. It was abandoned, as evidenced by the fact that one arcade game has not come out yet being revealed over two years ago. It's because LU is basically a much more interactive replacement of sorts.

Now, there wouldn't be much of a problem if they decide to reintroduce Club Pages in a new style. That are just for showing off and not ranks.
Report Spam   Logged

We shall find our way home
Canama
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: I dunno.

Tenth Year Anniversary Level 6 Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 07:06:43 pm »

I stopped because I got to Rank 10.

And then I lost interest because they didn't add anything. It was abandoned, as evidenced by the fact that one arcade game has not come out yet being revealed over two years ago. It's because LU is basically a much more interactive replacement of sorts.

Now, there wouldn't be much of a problem if they decide to reintroduce Club Pages in a new style. That are just for showing off and not ranks.
Except LU is a replacement with a monthly fee, which is why I do not plan to play it.

-Canama
Report Spam   Logged
Silver352
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: What is this? Im not sure....

Combination Topic Starter Level 1
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 08:22:51 pm »

I just started MLN a few days ago. Its entertaining, but seams as if it has not been updated in a LONG time.

But, hey, its free.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Jade
Network Striker
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 18

Awards:

..darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 12:13:50 am »

I got to rank 10, then my account got hacked/deleted, so I made another one that is... Rank 4? Its been so long since I logged on, I forgot.

MLN really lost its appeal after the beta period, because of all the dupers who got access.
Report Spam   Logged
Wantija$$$
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

no

500 Posts Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 09:43:56 pm »

MLN was a good idea in the beginning. Although some ideas weren't executed the greatest. Like you guys stated before; it's very laggy, difficulty balance in the ranks, duppers ect. Also it was not a good succeder (sp?) to the club pages. They were fun, easy to show off creativity, modules that didn't require you to level up. The ranking system is alot less difficult to rank up in too.

Now as much as I'm bashing MLN, i still play it, only because it's free. I just don't have time and money for LU.

And if LEGO is going to make a new community flash game on their website, they shouldn't make the mascot ANYTHING like Echo, it gave me the wrong interpretation at first and I could've been a beta tester.
Report Spam   Logged
a
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 0

Search Level 5 Level 4
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 09:29:45 am »

a
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:43:48 am by crackers » Report Spam   Logged
Intrepid
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Sharing the LEGO Universe with friends

Live from the Mountain West USA

Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 09:40:59 pm »

You know these comments sound so much like the conversations regarding LEGO Universe. I think LEGO needs to stick to bricks.
Report Spam   Logged

True friends are like LEGO bricks; they may not be in the box together, they may not be alike, but they always fit together if you want them to.
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 09:42:14 pm »

Cool words, and that's why I'm not in the Universe of virtual bricks
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:46 pm »

MLN was a good idea in the beginning. Although some ideas weren't executed the greatest. Like you guys stated before; it's very laggy, difficulty balance in the ranks, duppers ect. Also it was not a good succeder (sp?) to the club pages. They were fun, easy to show off creativity, modules that didn't require you to level up. The ranking system is alot less difficult to rank up in too.

Now as much as I'm bashing MLN, i still play it, only because it's free. I just don't have time and money for LU.

And if LEGO is going to make a new community flash game on their website, they shouldn't make the mascot ANYTHING like Echo, it gave me the wrong interpretation at first and I could've been a beta tester.
I like this post too, ditto.

MlN in my opinion is the greatest game ever invented for the online community, I havn't said that quite right yet, but I will discover the deep dark secret one day.
Report Spam   Logged

Wantija$$$
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

no

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 09:20:58 pm »

Sorry if this is off topic, but does MLN have any compatibiliy with LU?
Report Spam   Logged
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 09:23:11 pm »

Well, MLN had an LU theme a while ago. Players could befriend Friendly Felix, Numb Chuck, and Jack Knife, take on a quest from the Brickkeeper...
But most of the LU stuff was removed from MLN.
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
Wantija$$$
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 3

no

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 09:30:27 pm »

I mean, if you have a MLN account, does anything happen to your LU account?
Report Spam   Logged
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
Emote Manager
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 09:45:45 pm »

No. They use the same login info, but there's no link between them.
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 09:50:29 pm »

There should be... all those plastic pellets should be worth something some where!
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Purpose: Stuff.

Sixth Year Anniversary Level 6 Fifth Year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 09:53:41 am »

Here's the problem with MLN, as I see it:

In the early days (like, when I joined =P) Lego updated the game fairly frequently. Yes, there was some lag, and some of the middle ranks were tedious (I was blessed with some generous friends when I was in Rank 5, so that one wasn't quite so bad for me), but it was fun because we could look forward to something new. (Except maybe new featured members. Tongue) The Bionicle Quest in particular stands out in my memory.

A while ago, though, Lego seemingly abandoned MLN. They just seemed to stop caring, as if entire MLN team was just strike by lightning and nobody wanted to bother doing their job. I believe it was the arcade games that were the very last update for the games...when were those, a year ago? And we still don't even have a Top 10 List!!

Furthermore, there's the problem of duping. When I started out, I admit, I had a side account I would sometimes use if I needed clicks. Eventually a few members of the anti-duping commando team we have here at MLNO set me straight, and that ended.

But it wasn't just me. There were plenty of dupers out there clogging up the Top 10. Remember that nice, peaceful, time when CRX was always soundly at the top of the Top 10 Pages list? I just checked that list, he's not even on. A number of people on the Top 10 now came completely out of nowhere and somehow went soaring to the top in no time. This had not happened before. Clearly there was something different than before going on. Guess how that happened! Cheating.

Beyond that, it seems to me Lego isn't interested in advertising MLN anymore. I hazily remember a long time when My Lego Network had its own tab on the Lego.com page. Now it's not even on the page, I had to Google "MLN" just to find it.

In closing, my opinion is this: It's simply to late for MLN. There's just nothing really to be done to bring it back from the dead. The only chance that MLN has to stay alive is for Lego to redesign it. I don't think MLN itself can live on, but its spirit certainly can. Give me MLN 2.0, Lego, or give me death something less interesting but still sufficient!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:00:46 am by Ddude The Insane » Report Spam   Logged

by that logic, cheese graters do not exist, as they are not graters made of cheese.
Quote from: My Best Friend
Do you just make everything I say into a quote?
Quote from: Gandalf
"You've found Narnia, Harry."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum