News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 29, 2024, 07:09:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Valiant weapons!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valiant weapons!  (Read 941 times)
Jpags1234
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Level 1 First Post
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:19:36 pm »

Following is taken from official site, i'd go there for pics since i have no idea how to get them on here.
***A closer look at Valiant Weapons and more!Send to a friend
Print this page

Posted Wednesday, May 18, 2011 in General News by Figmentia
Adventurers,

We have some exciting news for you, direct from Nexus Tower! We are pleased to announce that Dr. Overbuild and the other Faction Leaders have completed their final designs on Valiant Weapons! The Faction Leaders discovered a way to harness the power of Imagination in its purest form, and it is incredibly powerful. The Faction Leaders believe that you are now ready to handle the awesome power of Valiant Weapons – but you’ll need both hands to do it!

The Faction Leaders designed 8 new Valiant Weapons, one for each Faction Specialty. The Valiant Weapons were created to work with Rank 3 Gear and will also count towards your Rank 3 Multi-Item Bonuses! Very soon, you will be able to purchase Valiant Weapons from your Faction Vendor in Nexus Tower for 175,000 coins and 500 Faction Tokens.

For such a price, what can you expect from Valiant Weapons? A very unique feature of the Valiant Weapon is that a single swing will affect all nearby enemies. Yes, all nearby enemies- that is the power of Pure Imagination! Now you can easily take on wave after wave of enemies! Each Valiant Weapon will also give you additional Armor and Imagination Points, and some of the Weapons even conjure crazy new creations to fight by your side!

Hael Storm has created The Broadsider for Buccaneers and The Rutcarver for Daredevils!

Dr. Overbuild has created The Serratorizer for Engineers and The Wingreaper for Summoners!

Vanda Darkflame has created The Doomslicer for Sorcerers and The Wormholer for Space Mauraders!

Finally, Duke Exeter has created The Powerjouster for Knights and The Samuraizor for Samurais!

While you are saving up for your Valiant Weapons, Achilles Plutarch has other great gear to buy! His new shop, located in the Sentinel shopping area, has a slew of new gear to buy! He’s got Heavy Staffs, Scarlet Scythes, and more! You’ll be able to put enemies to sleep, while protecting yourself from 10 points of damage or even heal your teammates for 10 Life Points!

Nexus Tower is sure to become your new favorite shopping destination. With over a dozen new Vendors, there is so much to see and buy! What will you buy first?

Discuss this article and your favorite Valiant Weapon on the message boards!***

Can anyone else believe that cost? five hundred faction tokens, and 175,000 coins! A little pricey but hopefully means it will be worthwhile to have those weapons.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:37:10 pm by Jpags1234 » Report Spam   Logged
Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: I don't know.

Personal Text Goes Here

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 05:23:31 pm »

*Valiant Weapons.

The price... 175,000 coins... Um... is anyone with over 1 million coins kind enough to lend me 135,000 coins?

The prices are much higher than I expected but at least they affect ALL enemies. This is the one time where I think: 'dang. Coins this time are going to take forever.'

The Rank 3 token prices are LOW in comparison... at least my main minifig has over 830 tokens at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

We shall find our way home
Intrepid
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Sharing the LEGO Universe with friends

Live from the Mountain West USA

Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:29:58 pm »

*Valiant Weapons.

The price... 175,000 coins... Um... is anyone with over 1 million coins kind enough to lend me 135,000 coins?

The prices are much higher than I expected but at least they affect ALL enemies. This is the one time where I think: 'dang. Coins this time are going to take forever.'

The Rank 3 token prices are LOW in comparison... at least my main minifig has over 830 tokens at the moment.

It's not until they nerf the Valiant weapons that paying 175,000 coins will hurt.
Report Spam   Logged

True friends are like LEGO bricks; they may not be in the box together, they may not be alike, but they always fit together if you want them to.
Jpags1234
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Topic Starter Level 1 First Post
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:39:10 pm »

*Valiant Weapons.

It's not until they nerf the Valiant weapons that paying 175,000 coins will hurt.

Hopefully by then there'd be increased coin drop rates though.
Report Spam   Logged
Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:

Personal Text Goes Here

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 07:11:33 pm »

I'm not an uber elite farmer of coins like some people...

These are going to hurt for the more normal of us LU players...
Report Spam   Logged

RBull
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Combination Topic Starter Level 1
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 01:12:14 am »

I was a little shocked to see how expensive the Valiant weapons are going to be.  The price point is just so far beyond anything else that's been sold by vendors up to this point.

That said, I'm sure we'll see tons of players running around with them within minutes of their release.  Based on how much rares go for on the main LEGO message board marketplace, it seems like there is a surprisingly large number of people with millions of coins jangling around in their pockets... good thing coins don't take up space in one's inventory!

Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 01:52:29 am »

Indeed, this is going to increase the gap between the brickzillionaires and the rest of us.. I think the WoWheads  er gamers  are winning over the Brickers...
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
xVonDragon
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Level 2 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:20:23 am »

I really like the new Valiant weapons but I was actually hoping for a higher token cost then a higher coin cost. I have the coins for main three mini-figs but I still have a ton of tokens on my Paradox. I will still have 6K in tokens after I buy both Valiant weapons but my coins will be really low. At least I will be able to store my tokens in the vault.

My biggest questions about the Valiant weapons are around the Powerjouster and Wingreaper. How do you maximize the damage for the off-hand ability (farther you run or shorter)? How many owls do you get with the Wingreaper, does each do 2 damage, and is the owl AI going to focus on one enemy or many? Though maybe the "flight of owls" will function as one helper.
Report Spam   Logged

PlasmaVonDragon   VectorVonDragon   QuakeVonDragon
Paradox   Assembly   Sentinel
admiraltyphoon
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: help everyone.

(almost)perfect at everything in LU.

Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 11:46:19 am »

I know that they are expensive, but at least i should start saving tokens for both 3rd faction specialties, and Valiant Weapons(VW).
Report Spam   Logged

minifigs on US server: reactormashtyphoon, mrassembly, DARKDEVIL, professormarauder. Minifigs on UK server: powerbob.
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »

Indeed, this is going to increase the gap between the brickzillionaires and the rest of us.. I think the WoWheads  er gamers  are winning over the Brickers...

Vote UP!

Quote from: me
Quote from: Roddy15
Once again people with 4 million will have them and people like me who buy items for silly prices to give to newbies will lose out. I'm starting to dislike how LU's mods and devs deal with these sort of things

Quote from: steelersrule12
I don't think it's that bad. I mean,i was surprised when i saw the price,but i was even more surprised about better abilities,stats,AND hitting ALL ENEMIES close in front of you.
 I mean even if there was a 5-5-5 weapon,the valiant weapons would still be better because it hits more then one enemy each hit,plus the abilities.

I would still buy it even if it was more,since these are the BEST weapons in the game,i would spend a lot on them. Just think,these are way better then a parrot,but yet people will pay a fortune for useless parrots,and yet complain about THIS! Come on people!

The problem is not just with the stuff being so expensive, it's how some people get all the money and prizes, and the rest of us are stuck in "poverty", and how the devs seem to constantly cater to those with more in-game money.  Yes, I know that's one of the natural features of a capitalist economy, but that's why most countries don't allow unchecked capitalism.  Because without checks and oversight, it just leads to elitism, victimization, scamming, and selfishness, just like it has in LU.  The mods really need to address this, rather than by wasting their time on "new content".  New content will not fix the basic problems; they need to address the social issues plaguing LU.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 10:52:57 pm »

I do not think I will run out and by them myself. Why?? Beyond the price there is the principal. Spending all my money on weapons is a defacto endorsement of fighting as the most important part of the game. I would like emphasis on other aspects, so I probably will not support this one.
Report Spam   Logged

MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
steelersrule12
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Apple User Level 1 First Post
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 11:28:34 am »

Come on guys everyone knows the game is really easy,and now they put something challenging and yet your going to back down and complain about the prices? Come on!

I am will to save up for these on each minifig,these will be the best weapons in the game for a LONG time,and for those who don't want to buy them,there are vendors all around LU that sell weapons from 1-1-1,to 3-3-4 with abilities. No need to complain to lego if your not willing to work for what you want.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 04:09:46 pm »

Steel, there is no need to get snarky here.

You assume we want them... personally I want LESS fighting and more to challenge my brain!  LU in concept was supposed to have some fighting, some exploration, some building, etc... but now it is mainly about fighting. I find that un-fun.
And I do work for stuff... ask anyone about the Nimbus station Imagination brick!! 

From the very beginning, each new world has involved a lot of "figuring stuff out"  to complete the missions. With the exception of the flags, Crux failed in that regard.

And the more it gets like WoW, the closer LU moves to PHAIL.
Report Spam   Logged

Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:

Personal Text Goes Here

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 04:40:04 pm »

Oh, the irony of the previous post.

I'm not sure where you're getting 'figuring stuff out' from. I've been playing since Alpha and there has been much less of that stuff than you imply. Figuring stuff out is not finding stuff.

Almost none of what you believe is there.

Also, stop comparing WoW to LU. I've never played it but comparing the two is still a huge stretch. The problem with LU is not the fighting, it's the lack of emphasis on building.

(BTW: Fail is spelt Fail, not phail. Fail spelling.)
Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

Figuring stuff out like how to get to the prisoners in Brigg rock, without looking at the many maps and guides, or how to make a certain jump to get a flag in FV.   
There is very little emphasis on building.. that is true.. and part of that problem is that too many developer man hours are spent on battle vs building.  Part of the reason for that is they do not get enough feedback from those of us who want them to focus on other aspects of the game.
There was a very good topic about this on Uni..
Report Spam   Logged

Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »

I think the issue is that, when presented with the options, kids (let's use 8-12 for the sake of an example) will frankly choose fighting over building. That's the issue with LEGO video games in general,
Correction:  That's the problem with the WORLD in general.

EDIT:
Or, in "old geezer-speak":
Kids these days...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:06:19 pm by Flipz » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »

Why should  all worlds have to have fighting as the main draw or challenge? What about things like platforming or exploring, where you can still have plenty of fun without enemies everywhere? Fighting isn't the only way to make an area interesting.
If they had lots to explore and lots of puzzles on how to get places it would make a very interesting non violent zone and they could have more treasure chests or something else that would replace the enemies drops.  Maybe even a maze to get to a secret cache of imagination??
Report Spam   Logged

steelersrule12
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Apple User Level 1 First Post
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 08:59:28 am »

To be honest,i have wanted a lot more attention on the building part of LU. I mean,i was hoping at least that 2 people can have their 2 properties on one land,so that you can have a neighbor. But theirs no building in the LU public,isolated properties,no open builds. Heck,the assembly faction is starting to turn into the sentinel faction,with just hardcore battle abilities and turrets and such,what happened to them using creativity and building to defeat the maelstrom?

As far as the hard to find stuff goes,umm i don't see your point.
Report Spam   Logged
Crushinator
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Everything I say here is my personal opinion

Level 1 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 04:50:30 pm »

To be honest,i have wanted a lot more attention on the building part of LU. I mean,i was hoping at least that 2 people can have their 2 properties on one land,so that you can have a neighbor. But theirs no building in the LU public,isolated properties,no open builds.

It's not that easy, you aren't even allowed to watch someone edit their property because they could build something offensive, or use bricks to write their phone number, or something else that the Mythrans would not approve. So if you can see their property from yours, you couldn't even be on your property while they were editing theirs, unless there was something that prevented you from seeing that property while it was edited.
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 10:40:03 pm »

It's not that easy, you aren't even allowed to watch someone edit their property because they could build something offensive, or use bricks to write their phone number, or something else that the Mythrans would not approve. So if you can see their property from yours, you couldn't even be on your property while they were editing theirs, unless there was something that prevented you from seeing that property while it was edited.

What about group build lots for best friends?? What fun having a party to build something would be!!

As for the weapons. I must say I find them somewhat awkward. It also seems they changed the "friend" weapon to require activation to magnetize instead of being automatic like the staff.. Sad
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum