News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 20, 2024, 12:09:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

LEGO UNiverse Levels Up!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LEGO UNiverse Levels Up!  (Read 693 times)
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« on: July 11, 2011, 04:21:34 pm »

n the next few weeks a major change will be added to LEGO Universe - Minifigure levels! As you complete Missions and Achievements, your minifigure will increase in level – earning new rewards and abilities. This leveling system will provide minifigures with a smoother game play experience and offers even more minifigure customization!

Leveling in LEGO Universe is a breeze! You won't need to spend hours upon hours grinding enemies for experience points. All you need to do is earn U-Score points by completing Missions and Achievements! After the new system goes into place, even Daily Missions will count!

Want some examples? To reach level 2, you must earn 35 U-Score. Level 5, will require 390 U-Score, and so on. These numbers are subject to change based on internal testing. Familiarize yourself with your Passport to quickly find and identify Achievements you can complete to level up!

With leveling also comes leveling rewards! At certain milestone levels (like 5, 10, and 15), your minifigure will earn cool prizes, including up to 40 more backpack slots, a rocking owl companion who is happy to perch on your shoulder, a permanent speed boost to your minifigure, and exciting new equipment!

As part of the new leveling system, another big change is coming. All in-game items will have a level requirement. This means that in order to use or buy this item, you must be the specified level first. For example, the Visored Racing Helmet has a level requirement of 20, the Crux Planet Shield has a level requirement of 25, and the Spike Hammer has a level requirement of 30. As you level up, your minifigure will be able to unlock more items, allowing you customize your minifigure to be exactly how you want it to be!

Concerned about how this change will affect your minifigures? Worry not! All existing minifigures will automatically have their level calculated by their existing U-Score. The U-Scores of existing Achievements and Missions are having their U-Score balanced for this new system – your minifigures will receive credit for every Achievement and Mission they have completed in the past . After the new system goes into place, we will recalculate your existing U-Score and transition you smoothly into the new system.

Any items that have already been linked to your minifigure will not be restricted to the level requirements. This means that if your U-Score places you at level 19, but you already have a linked Spike Hammer from your past level-free life, you can still use your existing linked Spike Hammer with no worries! Remember, you must have the item linked, not just in your backpack or vault – but linked!

Stand by for more breaking news to come! In the meantime, crack open that Passport and start hunting U-Score points like there’s no tomorrow!

Discuss this article on the message boards!

http://universe.lego.com/en-us/community/newsnetwork/story.aspx?id=335277
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Trijhak
MLN Quester
Old Timer

MLNO Reputation 1

Awards:
Purpose: I don't know.

Personal Text Goes Here

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:22:58 pm »

Oh no.

More discrimination in LU is going to come.
Report Spam   Logged

We shall find our way home
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 04:37:33 pm »

Called it.

Now this is what I called; all those years ago. Wink

What I want to know, however; is whether that owl can be renamed 'Kaepora Gaebora'; and whether we can have a minifig that's fully garbed in green, and then this'll be officially awesome. Even if I'd rather have a fairy companion. =P

I must say though, this system sounds very cool. And it also sounds like they thought this through, and will have a very high cap to start... Which is a good thing. I'm gonna likely be annoyed at the fact that I can't link stuff before this takes effect, given I can't play it on this comp(And I'd need the disk and a sub anyway); but if it's based off quests, and not just farming enemies for hours, this should be a fun and unique idea of leveling... one that I believe should be implemented in more games.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
KnownandUnknown
MasterBuilder

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: To spread the magical power of friendship!

Try the cupcakes, they are to DIE for!

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »

Oh no.

More discrimination in LU is going to come.

I feel the same, most people won't want to be friends with those of lower level, and most low levels will idolize people of higher level. All skill is thrown out the window and it's just who has the most free time and friends.
Report Spam   Logged

MLN accounts: KnownandUnknown/GoodGradesC
You can deny it, you can fight it, and you can try to hide it... But deep down, you know that you too, love ponies. (parody of M828's sig)
My Steam, feel free to add me, fellow PC gamers Wink
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 07:35:32 pm »

Though... technically you could say the same about MLN, DRC, or anything. =P

Besides; this comes from quests... So if you can complete at least one quest a day(And seeing as most seem rather short, that could be multiple in a day); then eventually, if there is a cap, even a slower player will reach the cap. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
Jayko
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 12

Purpose: To post informative and helpful posts!

Kaboom!

Search Level 4 Apple User
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:54:22 pm »

I thought LEGO was running this thing . . . Huh?

They said in the beginning of the concept that they didn't want to have levels . . . I dunno what just happend there. To quote a song "You saw it coming but it hit you out of nowhere!"

With that being said, I'm not going to rant and rave about it, because I fell that this is an OK thing that happens especially with the awards and such. (now I wish I would be able to get a sub soon, not at the end of August)
Report Spam   Logged

Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 10:09:46 pm »

Initial response: "Sithspit!"

Response after thinking about it for a few minutes: "Sithspit!!"

Current response: "SITHSPIT!!!!!!!

Why?!?  Why, LEGO?!?!?  Why must you ENCOURAGE elitism and WOW-headedness?!?!?!  NOW, even IF I ever get the equipment I want, I won't be able to WEAR it, since I don't have time to grind enemies to get the last Achievements, and I stink at racing and Cannon Cove.

FYI, Blade, most of the missions and achievements DO consist of "kill X number of Y creatures".  So it doesn't alleviate the need to farm things constantly, it makes it WORSE!   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

P.S. :

SITHSPIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:11:27 pm by Flipz » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 10:12:30 pm »

I guess Mak & I will have to log in and link stuff.

How will this impact trading??
Report Spam   Logged

MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
Jayko
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 12

Purpose: To post informative and helpful posts!

Kaboom!

Search Level 4 Apple User
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 09:26:57 am »

I guess Mak & I will have to log in and link stuff.

How will this impact trading??
Im assuming you could sell higher ranked stuff to people with a lower rank, but they would just be unable to use it.
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 09:40:33 am »

*Sighs*

Flipz: That doesn't eliminate that some of the missions consist of puzzles and such... Something that some people have been wanting more focus on. And I know there are missions where you have to bring stuff to others... So while there are farming missions, there are also ones that make you think. Though I do admit, there should be more of those.

And given the fact that they're counting all missions that have been completed by the player so far; that should be counting for something, and all the current members who didn't just join should be like Level 10 or higher. Wink

Also; just because something has levels; doesn't mean that everyone will gravitate toward the types of people you're talking about. Sure; there will be the rotten ones of the bunch; but doesn't every type of game have that?(Heck, technically LU had them all along, with the Coins...)
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 10:47:46 pm »

I have to agree with Flipz about much of this.
I'm starting to see another problem - the patch hasn't even happened yet, and already on other forums I'm seeing people competing over what score they can get. Things can already get heated in arguments over what rank of faction gear a person is wearing, and now they're adding another thing to spark competition .

Further the original concept was for a LEGO Bases MMOG  with a  bright and happy style, and focus on building and creativity.. We were told there would be no levels, so all players would be equal, and to allow for more character customization.

I wonder these days if the devs that work on the worlds ever played with LEGO.. 
At least the property building devs seem to have, and also seem to be genuinely trying to listen and do what they can.

Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 08:57:21 am »

The problem with the bright and happy style thing, is one that I brought up way back in the concept stages of LU.

If everything's happy go lucky, and there's no fighting at all, not even a stomp on enemies' heads to get rid of them fighting system; then it's just real life with building and going around exploring a LEGO based world while collecting some stuff. And for everything except for the latter, we've got that already.

Plus; we knew almost from the start that a combat system would be in effect; from the Darkling trailer. They just... Took it a little too far in terms of darkness. =P

The other thing is; are these forums that you're talking about the same ones that have the casual, friendly type of players that we have; or the ones who are naturally competitive?
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 02:06:14 pm »

I like the idea of levels. No more newbies with Crux Weapons, and higher speed!
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 12:49:13 am »

The problem with the bright and happy style thing, is one that I brought up way back in the concept stages of LU.

If everything's happy go lucky, and there's no fighting at all, not even a stomp on enemies' heads to get rid of them fighting system; then it's just real life with building and going around exploring a LEGO based world while collecting some stuff. And for everything except for the latter, we've got that already.

Plus; we knew almost from the start that a combat system would be in effect; from the Darkling trailer. They just... Took it a little too far in terms of darkness. =P

The other thing is; are these forums that you're talking about the same ones that have the casual, friendly type of players that we have; or the ones who are naturally competitive?

I don't mind some fighting, but lately it feels like we are the invaders smashing everything in sight, rather than being invaded by Maelstrom.

Yes they are, typical LEGO sites.
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 08:46:55 am »

1. Again, they took it a little too far in terms of darkness, which includes fighting.

The best idea; is if they did something like Zelda... Half Combat, Half Puzzles... if even that.

2. Next question; are they typical LEGO users, or people who were intrigued by LEGO Universe? =P
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Crushinator
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Everything I say here is my personal opinion

Level 1 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »

Now that you guys have had a chance to try the leveling system, I'm curious if you like it, hate it, or really don't care? I've heard a lot of negativity about it before it was released, not just on this forum, so I'm wondering if you still feel negatively about it?
Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 05:02:05 pm »

Personally I have seen good and bad things. For me, if I see a player with a very low number, I see someone I might want to help out and team with.. especially if they are getting mauled by the maelstrom.
I have seen others snub them, or worse, try to take advantage of them. Last night, in response to an idea about battle strategy, I saw one player say to the other "what do you know, you are only a tent.. (ten)  I could imaging the crushed face behind the fig, and I wished for the first time we could smash a player.

For my personal play, it makes no difference to me.. I am in no rush to accumulate more points, I just do what I feel like doing each time I play. 2Mak07 gets excited every time he gets another point though, so that is WAY kewl.

I do wish we could see FTP players property tho.
Report Spam   Logged

Crushinator
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Everything I say here is my personal opinion

Level 1 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 05:13:53 pm »

Personally I have seen good and bad things. For me, if I see a player with a very low number, I see someone I might want to help out and team with.. especially if they are getting mauled by the maelstrom.
I have seen others snub them, or worse, try to take advantage of them. Last night, in response to an idea about battle strategy, I saw one player say to the other "what do you know, you are only a tent.. (ten)  I could imaging the crushed face behind the fig, and I wished for the first time we could smash a player.

For my personal play, it makes no difference to me.. I am in no rush to accumulate more points, I just do what I feel like doing each time I play. 2Mak07 gets excited every time he gets another point though, so that is WAY kewl.

I do wish we could see FTP players property tho.

Yes it's unfortunate that almost any stat brings out the competitive nature in players, which can sometimes be ugly. But I agree with 2Mak07, it's very motivating as well, I'm not motivated to do all kinds of missions and achievements that I wouldn't have care about before.
Report Spam   Logged
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 06:24:30 pm »

Personally, I kind of like the new leveling system.  A few of the missions still could use a re-balancing of the U-score, but I'm sure that will come with time.  My main concern was that casual players like me would be forever stuck at low levels, and only the people who have time to play for days on end without stopping would be able to use cool stuff like the Bat Lord gear and other rare items.  (Personally, I was picturing my main 'fig at about level 10 or so, and having 30 more levels to go.)  Mostly, I was worried that the same "elite" players would end up with even more power.  Once I actually saw how the system was implementd, though, I was very relieved.

BTW...bravo on the new AG daily missions!  These are the kind of missions I'd prefer to see throughout LU; things involving "find this and use this cool ability on it" are much more fun for me than "go smash X number of Y enemy/smashable", or, worse yet, "win a race at X racetrack".  (Racing missions remain the most frustrating part of the game for me, mostly due to performance issues and issues with being able to FIND players [let alone win] at the GF race track.)
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum