News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 01:28:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Star Trek: PCG: Brave New Souls [RPG]

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek: PCG: Brave New Souls [RPG]  (Read 9233 times)
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Team: No Team
Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2012, 03:53:12 pm »

**GM Note: I'm going to give Kojan five minutes to decide if either of his characters follow Pavlov or Norton (you have that opportunity for Elaine, too, Blade), after that I'm starting the story event.  Now that Midori and Kaze and Rakoua are on the bridge, and Tyson is interacting with Sulu, we've hit all required marks to move forward.**

**GM Note: For reference, Kaze will man Tactical at the bridge, Rakoua is at Ops, and Midori is at Science.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »

OOC: I see.

-==IC: Elaine==-

Elaine yawned, and got up silently, and walked out of her cabin, wondering where Pavlov was, and walked over to a computer.
"Computer... Location of Pavlov..." Elaine said, sleepily, with another yawn.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2012, 03:59:57 pm »

--Computer--
"Lieutenant-Commander Pavlov is currently on Deck 10, heading toward the forward holodeck."

Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2012, 04:25:28 pm »

Elaine nodded, and began to run toward the 10th deck, hoping that she could catch up with him quickly.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2012, 05:05:10 pm »

==Deck 10==

The turbolift doors open, and you see the entrance to the forward holodeck in the distance.  Pavlov checks the indicator, sees the 'deck is active, and leaves, deliberately avoiding Lt. Norton as the latter comes down the corridor from the other direction.  For his part, Norton appears to avoid looking at Pavlov as well, though that may have just been good interpretation of Pavlov's body language.  A moment later, Norton enters the holodeck; you recall that this holodeck was currently serving as a replacement for the damaged Twelve-Forward.

You realize that you will have to choose which officer to follow: Pavlov or Norton.
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2012, 05:07:18 pm »

Elaine frowned for a moment, but wondered what Norton was doing in the Holodeck, and attempted to follow him into the deck in question.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »

==Main Holodeck==
As you step into the holographically recreated Twelve-Forward--with holographic security guards, without karaoke--you notice a dark-skinned woman in red robes, her draped hat somehow making her appear wise rather than silly.  From what you've overheard elsewhere, this must be the legendary Guinan.  At the moment, however, she appeared to be having a wordless argument with Lt. Norton.  Norton sighs.  Guinan grins.  Norton walks, over to a table in the back corner where Counsellor Riker was viciously attacking a two-and-a-half-foot-tall sundae.  You get closer and sit at an empty table, listening surreptitiously to the conversation.  Rebecca Riker seemed to be unusually upset.

“...I’m SURROUNDED by idiots!  This is, by far, the most dysfunctional crew I have EVER served with!  I mean, the senior staff is completely incapable of handling their own lives, let alone the lives of the crew!”

Norton blinked.  “Does that include me?”

“I-what?  And you are...?”

“Lieutenant Levar Norton.  Chief Engineer.”

“Shoot!  Our appointment was supposed to be-”

Norton waved it off.  “It’s fine.  I’m not much for meeting in drab offices anyway.”

“Yeah.  I was going to meet with all the senior staff this week, but somehow you slipped my mind.  Sorry.”

“Like I said, not a problem,” Norton replied jovially.

“You know, for a member of the ‘senior staff,’ you’re not very...senior.  No offense.”

“None taken.  Actually, I’m only 23.”

“I...see.”  There is a slightly awkward pause.  “Are you sure you’re not one of those races who look human but are really a hundred years older than they look?” Riker asks.  At Norton's apprehensive look, Riker hastily adds, “Don’t worry.  Anything you tell me falls under doctor-patient privilege.  I’m not going to tell anyone.”

Norton regarded Riker cautiously, then smiled.  “How about this: I’ll tell you if you tell me.”

Counsellor Riker smiled as well.  “Guilty.  Part-Betazoid.”

“Ah.  I should’ve guessed.”

“So what about you?  Are you really...?”

Levar nodded.  “I’m part El-Aurian.”

“El-Aurian?  I’ve never heard of them...”

Across the lounge, Guinan watched, and smiled.

The small talk continues for some time, and you are just about to get up and leave when something else catches your attention--catches everyone's attention, in fact.

“Red Alert.  All hands to battle stations.”

Twelve-Forward faded to the yellow-on-gray grid of the unadorned holodeck.  Muttered oaths filled the room as chairs and tables dissolved into thin air.

Norton was out of his seat almost before the alert came.  He instantly reached out to keep Counselor Riker from falling.  The pair locked eyes, almost missing the next alert over the comm system.

“This is Lieutenant-Commander T’Sing speaking.  All senior staff to the bridge.”

“I think that means you.”  Guinan stood by the former location of the table, her serene smile radiating--was that satisfaction?

Norton released Rebecca’s hand.  “Right.  Thanks, Guinan.”

Guinan watched them leave with the rest of the patrons.  She pulled out a pair of vintage 1960s Earth glasses, put them on, and sat in the one chair that, curiously, hadn’t vanished with the rest.  “All in a day’s work,” she said to no one in particular.

**GM Note: And thus begins the prologue story proper.  Give me a moment to synch up LZP, and then I can begin work on the massive cutscene. Tongue **
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2012, 05:33:04 pm »

OOC: Is it just me, or does she like to set people up? =P

"What the...? What's going on?!" Elaine wondered, as she frowned, not knowing exactly where to go, since she was probably one of the ones who would be needed in this battle. However, she wouldn't act, until ordered to, since she didn't want to disobey any orders.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2012, 05:48:15 pm »

OOC: She is indeed like that, though it's less of just setting people up and more of setting the universe up.  We'll see more of her later. Wink

==All decks==
Like the previous alerts, the crew lept into action, but this time there was something distinctly unsettling about this.  This wasn't just crewmen being foolish--a call to the bridge meant that this was for real, that battle stations might actually be needed.  A passing security crewman waves Elaine over to the armory, where most of the personnel were waiting, staring at a bridge feed someone had rigged up.

***(Story Post)***

==Bridge==
“This had better be good, T’Sing.”

“It is, Captain.”  T’Sing tapped a command into his console, and the view moved to a cluster of shrapnel drifting slowly through a nebula.

“So you pulled us out of bed to look at a bunch of random debris that’s probably been out here since the Undine War.”  Captain Flipz was not a morning person.

In response, T’Sing turned to the nervous young cadet sitting at his usual station.  “Cadet Cho, what is your analysis?”

“45% Duracopper, 35% Transparisteel, 15% Duranium, 3.8% Tritanium, and 1.2% miscellaneous substances, sir.”

“So, you pulled us all out of bed for a bunch of debris made of slightly unconventional materials.”

“Not quite, Captain.”

“OK, T’Sing.  I’ll bite.  What’s so interesting about some debris containing duracopper and transparisteel?”

A female voice answered from the turbolift.  “Vulcan ships contain duracopper, don’t they, Mr. T’Sing?” Commander Williams asked.

Both the captain and the Vulcan raised an eyebrow simultaneously at her presence.  “We are technically in the Badlands, Captain.”

Captain Flipz slowly nodded, and Commander Williams moved to Cadet Cho’s station, reading the console over her shoulder.  “These readings are consistent with a Vulcan vessel, Captain.”

“Not quite.”  Everyone jumped; no one had noticed Lieutenant Norton and Counselor Riker enter.  “Commander, what are the trace materials again?”

“Refragium, obsidian, carbonite, and Remanite.”

“Anyone here know what those are used for?”

“Sure, a cloaking device,” said Lieutenant Sulu as he stepped from the turbolift.

“Not just any cloaking device,” Pavlov added, exiting the other turbolift.  “A Romulan cloaking device.”

“That’s right,” one of the cadets said, “Remanite is extremely rare outside of Remus, Romulus’ sister world.  When Hobus went nova, the Romulans had to synthesize it.  But what’s a Romulan ship doing in Federation space?”

“That, my friend,” muttered Flipz, “is an excellent question.”

==Tactical Console==
Cadet Hikari notices an indicator of an incoming transmission.
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

-==IC: Kaze==-

Kaze frowned, at everything that was happening, but also at the transmission.
"Guys; there's an incoming transmission..." Kaze said, and pressed the button to accept the transmission; wondering what this all meant...

Elaine frowned, as she moved to the armoury, and watched the feed from the bridge...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:01:34 pm by Blade » Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2012, 06:06:13 pm »

***(Story Post)***

==Bridge==
Flipz sat in silent thought for a considerable amount of time.  So long, in fact, that Pavlov and Williams got an uncomfortable feeling of déjà vu.

Suddenly, the cadet at Tactical broke the silence.  “Sir?”

“Yes, Mr. Hikari?”

“I’m picking up a signal.”

“On screen.”

“It’s encrypted, sir.”  He tapped at several controls, to no effect.  “I can’t crack it.”

“Let me try, I hacked Starfleet Intelligence before we left and picked up the latest cracked codes for hostile powers.”  Ignoring the assorted looks of disbelief, disapproval, and some amusement from around the bridge, Lieutenant Sulu moved to a nearby console and entered in a few commands.  “Got it!”

An unfamiliar yet instantly recognizable visage appeared on the viewscreen.  One of the cadets gasped.

“Empress Sela...”Flipz breathed.

“To all Romulan ships: the homeworld is under attack.  All forces are to return to Rator III to defend our home and our people.  This is a direct order from your Empress.  The Empire depends on your courage and skill.  Life and glory to the Empire!  To all Romulan ships…”

Sulu muted the transmission.  “It just repeats after that,” he said, uncharacteristically solemn.

“Captain, based on these debris patterns it would be a logical conclusion that Empress Sela’s signal of distress is genuine.  The debris indicates a Romulan vessel fleeing some unknown assailant.”

Cadet Cho piped up from Science.  “Energy readings from the Neutral Zone log a match to the Romulan Plasma Weapon.”

“That would explain the ‘gaseous anomalies’...” the captain murmured.

Pavlov replaced Cadet Hikari at Tactical.  Hikari walked over to the cadet at Ops and whispered, “Hey, Rakoua, I thought Empress Sela was dead?”

“Clearly, Kaze, the rumors of her demise were greatly exaggerated.”

“What do you think, Midori?”

Cadet Cho looked up from her console.  “Captain, I’m getting readings here I’ve never even read about.  Whatever’s going on over there, it’s big.”

Captain Flipz’ brow furrowed.  The bridge went silent.  No one knew what to do.  Flipz’ expression became grim.  “Helm.  Set a course for the point of origin, Warp 6.”

The bridge of the Nuparu stood frozen in shocked silence for a solid three seconds before exploding into a cacophony of competing exclamations.  Finally, Flipz raised his arms, and the bride crew’s attention turned to resisting the pulse of telekinetic energy he sent out.  He pointed to Sulu.

“That’s an order, Lieutenant.”

The blonde-haired helmsman nodded somberly, too stunned to exhibit any of his ordinary buoyant flair.

“Captain.  A word.  Your ready room.”  Commander Williams belatedly realized her tone had not been one of request.  “Please,” she added half-heartedly.

“I must concur with the commander, Captain,” T’Sing added.  “A brief conference before we determine any further action would be most beneficial.”

Captain Flipz nodded tersely and led the way to the double doors leading off the bridge.  Counselor Riker surreptitiously followed them.

Cadet Rakoua swiveled around in his chair to face Pavlov up at Tactical.  “Sir, should we relay a message to Starfleet?”

Lieutenant Norton furrowed his brow.  “And tell them what, exactly?”

Cadet Cho muttered something unprintable.  Cadet Hikari nodded in agreement.  “She’s got a point.  It’s--er--a valid tactical assessment of this--er--situation.”

“No need to worry, Cadet, protocol’s been shot to Erebus, as the Romulans would put it.  I think Cadet Cho speaks for all of us.”  Pavlov let his breath hiss from between his lips.  “Tell them...we’ve intercepted a distress call originating from a dangerous anomaly.  That the captain has decided to answer it, and that response is taking us...into the Neutral Zone.”

A tense silence filled the bridge, interrupted only by Sulu’s hands at the helm controls, inputting course corrections.  Whatever was going on in Romulan territory, it was affecting space itself.

As Williams and T’Sing returned to the bridge, Cadet Rakoua silently wondered what had transpired in the ready room.  He distinctly heard Williams mutter something about “suicide mission” as she replaced him at Ops.  He saw that T’Sing had taken his position at Science as well.  Everyone looked at each other uneasily, each wondering who would break the silence.  Finally, Sulu checked his console, then tapped his commbadge.

“Bridge to the captain...we’re here.”

-==IC: Flipz==-
In the instant between Sulu manipulating the controls on the console and the Nuparu dropping out of warp, a thousand thoughts raced through Captain Flipz’ mind, primarily those regarding the choices that had led them here.  HIS choices.  Chief among his thoughts was the one that slipped out in a horrified whisper upon seeing the sight that greeted the Nebula-class ship:

“What have I done?”

Space was in chaos.  Green beams of light lanced out in all directions, and it took a moment to realize they weren’t witnessing a civil war.  One set of phasers came from the Romulan fleet, stunning in its magnitude considering the recent conditions in the sector.  The other set came from a different enemy, one every Starfleet officer knew and feared…

Suddenly Pavlov spoke up.  “Sir, we’re receiving a trans--”

Before the tactical officer could finish, a face appeared on the screen.  Mutilated, mechanical, if there had been any doubt as to the identity of the Romulans’ attacker, it was gone now.

“We are the Borg,” the creature droned.  “You will be assimilated.  Lower your shields and surrender your ships.  Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.  Your culture will adapt to service us.  Resistance is futile.”

One of the cadets shouted something defiant, but Flipz didn’t notice.  His stunned gaze held fast to the image of the Borg armada that had returned to the viewscreen at the conclusion of the message.
He had failed his duty as a captain.  He had just led his crew to their deaths.

==Bridge==
Captain Flipz lapsed into a shocked reverie.  It was Pavlov's voice that finally reched him.  “Sir?  Sir, is everything--I mean, are you alright?”

Flipz shook himself to clear his head.  “What is it, Pavlov?”

“We’re being hailed.”  He swallowed nervously.  “Empress Sela wants to speak with you.”

Flipz hesitated only a moment.  "My ready room.  Commander Williams, Mr. T'Sing, come with me."

As soon as the captain left the bridge, everyone looked around in wonder and fear.  At last, Midori broke the silence.

"Some training mission."
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2012, 06:13:31 pm »

-==IC: Kaze==-

Kaze stood in stunned silence, but gulped visibly, and then sighed.
Yeah, Midori was definitely right. Kaze thought, as he nodded solemnly at Midori in agreement.
"I don't think everyone... wait; I mean anyone got the memo..." Kaze said, a frown on his face.

Elaine stood frozen in one spot, as she saw everything that had transpired, and frowned.
"This can't be good, at all..." Elaine said, and looked to the security commander to figure out what to do.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #392 on: July 12, 2012, 06:20:21 pm »

OOC: At this point, you'll need to decide which group you want to be with: Away Team, Bridge Group, or Defense Group. If you want to join the Away Team, you'll see when/where to volunteer, if you want to join the Bridge Group, you'll want to head up to the bridge now, if you want to be on the Defense Group, remain at your post.

==Armory==
One of the other Cadets in Security pipes up, "I'm not gonna stand around here waiting for those tin-pots to blow us all up, I'm going up to the bridge, I'm gonna be ready to fight! Who's with me?" Without waiting for an answer, he storms off toward the turbolift.
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #393 on: July 12, 2012, 06:21:40 pm »

OOC: Which group does what, out of curiosity before I respond?
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #394 on: July 12, 2012, 06:24:43 pm »

OOC: Kaze will, for story reasons, be on the Away Team, but will end up changing groups.  That's all I'm gonna say, I'm being deliberately vague there. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #395 on: July 12, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »

OOC: No, I mean, literally, what does each group do, for Elaine's group? =P Unless that's what you meant by being vague. xD
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #396 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »

OOC: No, I mean, literally, what does each group do, for Elaine's group? =P Unless that's what you meant by being vague. xD

OOC: That's what I mean by being vague. Evil

Quote from: Commander Ant
-Tyson-
[Comn message to bridge or whoever I should report in too] Sir, I am standing by in the transporter room, ready to lead a boarding party if you so choose. I'm already suited up.

-==IC: Pavlov==-
"Acknowledged, Cadet.  Glad someone's ready for this..."
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #397 on: July 12, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »

Elaine frowned, however, she sighed, and turned to the security commander.
"I'm going to help with whatever this is; to defend the ship." Elaine said, as she nodded, and stayed where she was.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Alien_Ant2
Apprentice

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Play the PCG RPG Cheesy

Apple User Mobile User Level 2
« Reply #398 on: July 14, 2012, 05:07:50 pm »

So in less than an hour, we got from the badlands to the neutral zone on warp 6? You know that the badlands are on the opposite side of the federation right?
Report Spam   Logged
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #399 on: July 14, 2012, 05:13:13 pm »

So in less than an hour, we got from the badlands to the neutral zone on warp 6? You know that the badlands are on the opposite side of the federation right?

OOC: The Regula Badlands.  They're on the edge of Romulan space. Wink  From Memory Beta:
"The Regula Badlands was an an area of space made up of intense plasma storms and gravitational anomalies located near the Federation-Romulan border. Despite the unstable nature of the region, it is known to contain a number of planets and planetoids, some of which were inhabited such as Regula II.

In 2377, scouts sent out by the Romulan Star Empire located that the Borg had somehow established a presence in the Badlands, and assimilated a number of planets with a new type of assimilation device. The Romulans immediately shared the intelligence they gathered with the Federation and the Klingon Empire and it was decided that Captain Jean-Luc Picard would lead a taskforce of Starfleet vessels into the Badlands to investigate the Borg threat.

After entering the region, the USS Enterprise-E and the task force encountered a large Borg force operational in the area. Thankfully, the Starfleet force was able to overcome the Borg defenses and reach the Borg's main base in the region. Located near the base was a tachyon nebula which had enabled the Borg to create transwarp conduits to their home territory in the Delta Quadrant. (TNG game: Armada II)."

Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum