News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 09:32:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Star Trek: PCG: Brave New Souls [RPG][Discussion]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek: PCG: Brave New Souls [RPG][Discussion]  (Read 1234 times)
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Team: No Team
Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:07 pm »

Act I gets everyone into trouble.  Act II is, essentially, RPG-combat as things get steadily worse (which is why it's hardest to write as a story as opposed to an RPG).  Act III is the conclusion.

I already have the story version written through Act I, the plotlines are for Act II.  Act III has pretty much been set in stone since before I even had Act I figured out, I just have to write it down. Tongue

OK, here's the preliminary Stats:

Stats:
When creating your character, you'll have to assign their stats.  Your baseline stats are determined by your Species, as well as the number of stat points you have to spend on them.  (Humans, for example, start with 1 Strength, 1 Dexterity, and 1 Mind point, and have 7 additional points to spend, while Klingons start with 4 Strength, 1 Dexterity, and 1 Mind point and have 4 additional points to spend as they see fit.)
This is a summary of what the different stats do:

Strength: Strength is a measure of your character’s physical strength, as well as their resistance to illness and injury.  You add your Strength to melee attack damage, such as attacks with vibro-swords, batleth, and bare fists.  You also add your Strength score when making Strength-related skill checks (like forcing open a jammed door or climbing up a wall or cliff).  In addition, for every 5 points of Strength you gain +1 Hit Point (in addition to your class and/or species boost during that level-up).
Dexterity: Dexterity represents your character’s reflexes, aim, and agility.  Add your Dexterity score to damage for ranged attacks, such as those from phasers or disruptors, as well as to Dexterity-related skill checks (such as dodging debris from an exploding console or piloting a starfighter).  In addition, for every 5 Dexterity points you gain, you will _____.
Mind: Mind represents your character’s mental prowess; their intelligence, wisdom, and charisma.  Your Mind score applies to damage caused by certain types of species-based attacks (i.e. aggressive uses of telepathy), as well as to Mind-related skill checks (such as diagnosing an alien disease, programming a computer to repair complex machinery, or plotting a ship’s navigational course).  In addition, for every 5 Mind points you gain, you will ______.

More to come, but I'd like yourfeedback on what I have posted so far first.

You may notice that I've given more importance to species, it seems to make sense to include the natural qualities of the species in the stats, especially since the various Divisions (classes) have less of an effect stat-wise compared to most RPGs.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum