News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 28, 2024, 08:17:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Rosewater

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosewater  (Read 14929 times)
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Flower Garden 2/3, now on my DeviantART!

Yes, my Lord.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:25:21 pm »

Welcome to Rosewater Academy. We hope you enjoy your stay. But don't dig too deep into the history of the school, or you might never come out...

Rosewater is a Mystery RPG. The RPG ends when the mystery is solved. Players can share their discoveries with others if they want, but they don't have to. But, just because one player knows a clue, other character do NOT know the clue unless it is told to them IC.

Student Application

Username:

Name:

Appearance:

Bio:

Course Selection (Choose one class per period)

NOTE: You must sign up for the classes, but you do NOT need to attend.

Breakfast

First Period Options:

Math, Chemistry, Biology

Second Period:

World History, American History, Physics

Lunch Break

Third Period:

Advanced Math, Advanced Physics, Advanced Biology

Fourth Period:

Computer Science, English Lit, Art

Dinner

Free Period

Bedtime

Academy Rules:

NO CELL PHONES.

Use only Rosewater-approved computers.

Rosewater reserves the right to block access to all "inappropriate" websites, including Chat Rooms, Forums, and Email (other than the official Rosewater email).

No psychics. Unless another student tells you something, you don't automatically know it.

Student List:

PM Admissions Officer Truth to join.

Rosewater Academy Student Application #X96-1031: Edward Martin

Username: Flipz (I think that's what he said it was...what is a "username" anyway?)

Name: Edward Martin

Appearance: Edward wears Seafarers, a blue, tan, or white shirt, a leather jacket, and an Indiana-Jones style fedora.  He has long brown hair that he wears in a single braid, but the rest of his hair is neatly trimmed, almost military style.  He has trick eyes that go from green to blue and back again, depending on the light and his mood--he got those from my side of the family.  I rarely see my grandson without a book.  But you'll see him in person soon, anyway; why do you need this again?

Bio: I raised Edward out here in the California desert after his parents died in a mysterious accident.  I don't think it would be right for me to say anything else about him, except that he has a genius-level IQ, he's a whiz at mathematics, and he asked to transfer to the Academy because no public school education has challenged him at all.  I should warn you, though, he has a terrible fear of spiders, and dislikes bugs and dirt in general (ironically for someone raised in a desert).  When not studying or reading, he enjoys cultivated gardens and the occasional cup of Earl Gray.  He's otherwise very quiet, preferring to think instead of speak, though he enjoys thoughtful discussions with others.  He's a wonderful young man, and the kind of guy you tend to trust...but do be kind to him; he's already distrudtful of others since his parents died, and I'd hate for him to go through life alone.

Breakfast

First Period Options:

Math, Chemistry, Biology
My grandson doesn't need any basic math, he already corrects his teachers' mistakes there.  He's also not a big fan of creepy-crawlies or getting dirty, so I don't think Biology's right for him, either.

Second Period:

World History, American History, Physics

Edward has always loved our coutry's past, so I think this will be perfect for him!

Lunch Break
His favorites are Italian and Mexican food, if you have them.  He's also allergic to dill, so be careful.

Third Period:

Advanced Math, Advanced Physics, Advanced Biology

You wouldn't happen to have a teacher there who specializes in quantum mechanics and theoretical or speculative physics, would you?  Edward says he'd like to talk to him through...e-mail is it?  These kids and their technology...though to be fair, email is pretty much the only thing he does on the computer...well, besides his Nancy Drew games.  Oops!  I don't think I was supposed to mention that...pretend I never mentioned it.

Fourth Period:

Computer Science, English Lit, Art

Edward says that if you have a theatre program, he'd be thrilled to join; otherwise, he'll study computers.  I think he just wants to talk to smart professors...shoot!  I'm doing it again.  I never said anything.  Why do you I always have to fill out these things in ink...

Dinner
Ask Edward to give you my recipe for lasagna; he can't resist it!

Free Period
Do be sure to show Edward to the garden when he gets there, will you?

Bedtime

Academy Rules:

NO CELL PHONES.

No whats?  Never mind, I don't think he has one.

Use only Rosewater-approved computers.

Rosewater reserves the right to block access to all "inappropriate" websites, including Chat Rooms, Forums, and Email (other than the official Rosewater email).

No psychics. Unless another student tells you something, you don't automatically know it.

No physics..?  But I thought your classes include--oh, PSYCHICS!  I need new glasses...no, we don't believe in silly superstition like that.  Wait, was I supposed to write something in here?  Oh, dear...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Username: Blade

Name: Tomas Greyson

Appearance: Tomas has black messy hair and bluish grey eyes. He typically wears black and green shirts, with a similarly coloured armband, and blue jeans. He also typically wears black shoes.

Bio: Tomas recently transferred to Rosewater Academy, and so hasn't had the chance to familiarize himself with the location. However, he has had experience at other schools, and will step in to try to stop any bullying that goes on.

First Period: Math

Second Period: Physics

Third Period: Advanced Physics

Fourth Period: Computer Science

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Username: The Truth

Name: Kitten

Appearance: Medium length lavender hair, brown eyes, about an inch shorter than average. Has what TvTropes calls "cute little fangs".

Second Period: American History

Fourth Period: Art

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Joshua Rend

First Period: Biology

Second Period: Physics

Fourth Period: Computer Science

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kaitlen Cazz

Appearance: Long brown hair, average height, green eyes.

Second Period: World History

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Username: Flipz

Name: Wendy Cran

Appearance: Wendy looks like this image: LINL.  Brown hair, dark eyes, kind face.  For some reason, any photos taken of her turn out blurry and/or her face is obscured.

Bio:  Not much is known about Wendy, but her transfer file from Waverly Academy shows her as intelligent, friendly, and curious.

Breakfast

Lunch Break

Third Period: Advanced Math

Fourth Period: English Lit

Dinner

Free Period

Bedtime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Sally Finch

Appearance: Sally is short, with medium length blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She always looks rather uneasy.

Bio:  The mysterious Sally has a habit of spying on everyone at Rosewater.

Course Selection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Student Application

Name: Rod Jahey

Appearance: Rod has light blond hair, blue eyes, and a muscular frame.

Bio: As compared to his cousin Hank, Rod is more impulsive, wanting to jump straight into a situation. He often goes by his gut feeling and is usually right.  Rod may not do quite as well in school as his cousin, but he still gets good grades. Phys Ed and History are his best subjects.

Course Selection
First Period:
Biology

Second Period:
American History

Third Period:
Advanced Biology

Fourth Period:
Computer Science

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Student Application

Name: Hank Darfry

Appearance: Hank has dark brown hair and eyes.

Bio: Compared to his cousin Rod, Hank is the more logical, rational one. While Rod wants to jump straight into a situation, Hank is the one to hold him back and think through all the logical possibilities.  Although Hank spends his mornings exercising—doing weight training and karate workouts—and Rod usually gets out of bed about an hour later and stays in shape by simply playing a little football or baseball, Rod seems to be at least as athletic as Hank, if not more.  Hank is said to be a bomb buff, and has diffused an atomic bomb saving the town of Halifax.

Course Selection
First Period:
Chemistry

Second Period:
Physics

Third Period:
Advanced Math

Fourth Period:
Computer Science

Sonny Joon is a wild, crazy, fun guy who loves to draw and do doodles and often does this more than actual WORK.  He also appears to be addicted to Koko Kringle candy bars.

Sonny Joon's Resume:
Objective:
To get any job in a really cool old school with a mysterious reputation.

Skills:
Excellent art skills.
Ability to work in a team.
Ability to caricaturize team members' personal quirks into drawings.
Strong interest in exobiology.

Work Experience:
Research Assistant (Krolmeister Industries)
Tour Guide (Paranormal Tours, Salem)
Archaeological Assistant (Kingston University (New York), Memphis, Egypt)
Field Assistant (Dread Isle Primate Behavioral Research Center, Dread Isle)
DJ Intern (The Wolf Show, Chicago)
Carnivale Apprentice (Maschere di Rovati, Venice, Italy)
Personal Assistant Apprentice (Minette's House of Design, Paris, France)
Lab Assistant (Science of Tomorrow Today, Colorado Springs)
Office Aide (Mystery Cruises, Miami)
Assistant Curator (Beech Hill Museum, Washington D.C.)

Student Application

Name: Nic Noskreden

Appearance: Nic is a handsome and athletic young man who stands six feet and two inches tall, with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Bio: This field was left blank on the application.  Records indicate good grades at a fancy East Coast school, but no personality description was ever given.

Course Selection
First Period:
Math

Second Period:
Physics

Third Period:
Advanced Physics

Fourth Period:
English Lit

Student Application

Name: Tina Bremss

Appearance: Tina is slightly short and round. She has short, brown hair and seems to smile a lot, even while trapped in dark caves. Men seem to find her quite attractive.

Bio: Tina is smart and spunky with a strong belief in girl power. She seems to have a thing for guys, especially firemen, author's assistants, and men who slay dragons.  Tina has an immense worry for Wendy and fears that she might one day get severely hurt during one of her mysteries, but is always willing to lend a hand when Wendy needs it.  She also has issues with snooping without Wendy's help. Tina also reads fashion magazines. She loves food and is slightly over-weight.

Course Selection
First Period:
Math

Second Period:
American History

Third Period:
Advanced Math

Fourth Period:
Art

Student Application

Name: Frenya Gogee

Appearance: Frenya has short brown hair and is light skinned. She seems to have a much taller frame than her cousin Tina. Frenya has dark eyes.

Bio: Frenya is practical, steady, and very much an athletic tomboy, and is not easily scared when involved in Wendy's sleuthing.  After one incident when she was kidnapped while posing as Wendy, she took up judo, and remains good at the martial art.
Frenya is often concerned for Wendy's safely, but is not easily panicked like Tina. However, she seemed to break down much more when Tina had been kidnapped. This shows that the two have a bond more like sisters than distant relatives. She is often optimistic and loves technology. It has yet to be seen how well she can sleuth on her own.

Course Selection
First Period:
Math

Second Period:
American History

Third Period:
Advanced Math

Fourth Period:
Art

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:13:03 pm by The Truth » Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Albert Einstein
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Try SWTOR free via this link and we both get prizes.

SWTOR info:
Server: The Harbinger. Name: Pythirr.
Class: Sith Inquisitor (Assassin). Alignment: Light Side V.
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:20:14 pm »

-==IC: Tomas==-

Tomas looked at the school, and sighed.
Great; looks like one of those schools for rich kids. Tomas thought, as he walked toward the gate. The gate master glared at him, and then gave an audible sigh.
"Name...?" The guard asked, as if he was already bored.
"Tomas Greyson." Tomas responded in a similar tone, which caused the guard to raise an eyebrow.
"Alright. Place any cell phones you have here." The guard stated, which made Tomas look at him curiously, but did so anyway, and the guard simply tossed it to the ground and stepped on it.
"Hey!" Tomas said, a stunned and shocked look on his face, as the guard shrugged.
"Welcome to Rosewater; hope you enjoy your time here."

OOC: =P Thought it was a fitting opening. =P
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »

OOC: I like it, except that Rosewater is completely automated. No living staff. Though, the guard can be an exception.

IC:  *Automated Voice*: "All new students, please come to Auditorium."
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Level: 60! Legacy level: 50. Current planet:  Yavin IV dailies. Current OP: The Ravagers. Legacy Surname: Falton
Collector's Edition, VIP, Founder, PTS 1.2 and 1.3, RotHC Pre-order, , SOR Beta Tester, and Pre-Order player.
Other characters: Ullonit (Agent), Ka'laana (Consular), Hasko (Trooper), Vítrial (Warrior), Massacha (Smuggler), Nassius (Bounty Hunter), Liralee (Knight).
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 06:23:47 pm »

OOC: Someone has to take the stuff away, and make sure no-one smuggles things in. =P

Tomas frowned, but shrugged, and paused, as the Guard sighed, and rolled his eyes.
"Down the hall, to the right, up the large staircase, back down, and then to your right again." The guard said, and Tomas nodded, and then walked in those directions.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:24:48 pm »

OOC: Nice. Rosewater is HUGE, BTW.

IC:  *Automated Voice* "New students, be seated for opening presentation."
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 06:33:44 pm »

OOC: Exactly why I gave a complex instruction set. =P

Tomas entered the auditorium, and then took a seat, though wondered why the voice seemed automated subconsciously.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 06:39:30 pm »

A giant screen appeared in the wall. An old man was shown on the screen, standing in front of the academy.

The caption read: Our Founder, Alan Rosewater.

(Screen): "Welcome to Rosewater! I would have preferred to be here giving this lecture in person, but if you're seeing this, then I am no longer among the living."

~~~~

A brief history of Rosewater.

(Automated Voice): "Alan Rosewater founded this academy shortly after the death of his daughter Veronica in 1994. Everything was controlled and financed by him, with no outside involvement.  He died in 2006, only a week before the school opened."

(Alan): "Now, let me just review the rules: No phones. No online Chat Rooms, no Online forums, no email other than the official Rosewater email. Have fun here at Rosewater, even if you don't attend class!"
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 06:42:46 pm »

-==IC: Edward==-
"Even if you don't attend...but that's insane!  Why would anyone not want to attend class?!?" He murmured quietly, a look of horror on his face.

OOC: He's in the row behind Tomas, BTW.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »

Tomas raised an eyebrow at that, but shrugged.
What school let's you skip classes? Ah well... Let's me ignore some stuff. Like that first Physics class... Tomas thought, as he waited to see if there was more. However, Tomas heard something, raised an eyebrow, and turned around to see another student who had a look of horror on his face; likely at the 'even if you don't attend' comment, which caused Tomas to smirk and chuckle mentally.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:44:29 pm by Blade » Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »

The auditorium doors opened.
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:49 pm »

Edward rushed out the doors; he had to get to his Chemistry class, and he didn't want to be late.  What were those directions again?  Start at the auditorium, select a hallway, up the first staircase, up a hallway with windows, down another staircase, down the next hallway, left at the T, right at the cross, left at the painting of the apple, right around the corner, then select a door, hold for 30 seconds, then left, left, back, ahead, and right.  Edward tries his best to follow the directions the guard had given him, but ended up hopelessly lost.  "Hello?  Is anyone here?  I knew i shouldn't have trusted that security guard; he gave me that glare when I told him I didn't have a cell phone..."

OOC: Four different references plus lots of typos equals: "your session has timed out while you took so insanely long to post.  Pleasy try again..." Tongue  Cookie if you can get the references. Wink
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:56:18 pm by Flipz » Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:55 pm »

Tomas had been attempting to get to his math class as well; but also got horribly lost.
Knew I should've opted for getting a map... Tomas thought with a sigh.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 07:01:27 pm »

Both Edward  and Tomas ended up bumping into a girl. (two different girls, though)
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 07:03:54 pm »

-==IC: Edward==-
"Oh, I'm dreadfully sorry.  I'm new here, and...say, you wouldn't happen to know the way to the chemistry classroom, would you?"
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »

(Kitten): "Why would you want to go there? Kaitlen hacked the screen in the bio lab to show movies."
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 07:06:30 pm »

Tomas stumbles backwards slightly, and blinks, as he looks to see who he bumped into.
Why does this remind me of something?

OOC: Just referencing the fact that that happens in nearly every RPG/story I'm in, without actively mentioning anything or breaking the fourth wall. =P
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 07:08:33 pm »

(Kaitlin): "Sorry!"
Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 07:10:27 pm »

"It's okay; I should've been looking where I was going, this school's got a confusing layout..." Tomas said, and then extended his hand.
"I'm Tomas Greyson. You are?"
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
The Truth
Ace RPG Master
MLNO Forum Moderator
Veteran

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Yes, my Lord.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »

"Kaitlin. Are you single?"

Report Spam   Logged

SWTOR info:
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 07:13:55 pm »

-==Edward==-
"But I don't have Biology.  And anyway how are you supposed to learn anything if you watch movies instead of paying attention in class?"  he said, not quite having "got" how the school works yet.

OOC: Anyone want to take a stab at that cookie?  Hint: two of the references are just one word. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum