News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 29, 2024, 02:40:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Rise of Heroes: RPG

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rise of Heroes: RPG  (Read 4567 times)
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Incognito

Let's end this...

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« on: September 11, 2011, 07:27:05 pm »

Please, create characters. I need them, and I'll be on a constant acceptance for more. Feel free to join. Smiley

Property of Mahri828: Do not copy without the permission of myself.

Buried deep within the burned and defaced history of Arulen, legends lay. Whispering, and waiting. They speak of an age long past, where the kingdom was ruled by just men and women, people who died fighting enemies with their last breath. This in no more.
 The people had believed that their heros could protect them. And they were right; the Heroes were strong, and they fought loyally, defending until their last breath. Until the purging.
 One of the younger Heroes, Kelsier, abandon the chivalry of the rest, and turned to darkness to achieve his dream. From the deeps, he brought forth an army of shadows and screams, and destroyed the Heroes that were so renowned for their prowess in battle. This was the end of the second age...
 Few heros escaped the purge. Those that did fled into the mountains, not out of cowardice, but out of respect. Heroes had to live on. Something is coming. Now, we come to the third age. The great age. The Age of Heroes.

Rules:

1. Label your posts with IC and OOC as long as you're in the actuall RPG. No need to worry about it in the discussion topic.

2. Obey all forum rules.

3. You cannot kill other players characters without permission from that player.

4. No "Leet". It's not allowed, and as such, shouldn't be in here.

5. No going crazy and destroying enemies that should crush you, and no destroying entire legions of enemies for now. That's for when you join the Brotherhood. However, until you join a faction, you need to realize that your power is minimal. It's once you "graduate" that you start getting to be strong.

6. Don't ask for recaps if you missed one page, which you should all already know. =P If you missed a bunch, it's fine, just don't go overboard. If you can read it faster than someone can reply, you should read it. =P

Punishments:

Not that I like to hand them out, but if you break the rules, these will be inforced. Undecided

1. Simple PM warning
2. Temporary power decrease, and a second PM warning.
3. Public warning, major power decrease, and a major wound.
4. Two day suspension
5. Character death and one week suspension. You may create a new character after the end of the week.
6. All you characters are put on the "most wanted" list for the Hero's, and you're screwed. You're banned until I see fit to let your guys come out of hiding.
7. Mass slaying of all your characters, and you are permanetly banned from this RPG.

Locations:

Mountains: This is where all the heros currently are. It's a hard life, but it makes for good people.
Arulen: This is the entire kingdom. As of right now, it is the boundary line, but eventually, other nations and areas will open up.

Factions

Heroes: Every hero has a special ability that reflects an aspect of their characteristic. Part of their training is to bring this part of them out; without it, they're much more normal than most would imagine. Remember, when you start, you're just a kid that started training to become a fighter. Pretty much everyone in the RPG can disarm and destroy you in less than a minute. That's just for the very start though.
 The Heros are broken into multiple groups for life training; as are the following

Rangers: Rangers are trained for stealth and accuracy; they have uncanny skill with bows and knives, and generally stay at a distance, though they're still rather proficient at close combat. Ranger's use bows, small weapons, and throwing knives.

Guardians: Guardians sacrifice their speed for strength. Even the strongest shield will shatter from the blow of a Guardian. They're huge warriors with a strictly close range combat training. Guardians strictly use heavy, destructive, two handed weapons.

Strikers: Strikers got their name from they're purpose; they are the main attack force for Heros. They're lightning fast, and they have no mercy. Strikers primarily wield medium weaponry, and/or two weapons at a time.

The Brotherhood: These are the elite of the elite. These are the people that make the legends. The brotherhood has been empty for a long time. Anyone can challenge the position to join; you just have to survive their test to become a brother.

While the different groups train seperately, have seperate camps, and are divided into small regions, you'll still be able to communicate with other characters during your training, just not during the day, unless you've been sent to their region. Night time sneakouts are quite popular. Roll Eyes

Profile Sheets: Just fill them out an post them in the discussion topic. You have to wait for me to approve them, and once I have, feel free to start playing the RPG!

User Name:
Character Name:
Age: (For now, everyone must be 12 for the storyline to work; sorry)
Character Personality: (This is important; please, create a good personality description)
Power: (Take your strongest trait, and show what it reflects. Summoning staffs, influencing powers, and perceptive vision (for example) are great. However, flying, super energy balls, and other stuff like that is out of bounds; you have to keep it fair)
Faction: (Ranger, Guardian, or Striker for now)
Weapons: (These depend on your faction)
Character Description: (Either describe or post a reference picture)
Bio: (Simply an upbringing description, but remember; for now, your character is only 12, and can't have gone through any training)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:58:08 pm by Mahri828 » Report Spam   Logged

It seems in every hero's time they find an enemy that defeats them in battle. Their reply? Look up in the pouring rain, and chase down their nemisis for a showdown.
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Let's end this...

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:20 pm »

Beginning Story IC

-==IC: Vanon==-

Vanon Archwing stood on the edge of a stone platform protruding from the windowsill of a long abandoned tower. His eyes were riveted on the heart of Arulen. On the black smoke that rose from it's central city. He gripped the top of the window, fist tightening into a crushing grip. "Are there any survivors?"
The second hooded figure took his place behind Vanon. "Enough."
 Vanon nodded. "They will rebuild in the mountains." The second man inclined his head in agreement. Vanon looked back at the mountain, then towards Arulen again. Kelsier would pay for his deeds. "And you will lead them."
 "What about you Vanon?" The second man questioned.
 "You will see me periodically, as for now..." Vanon blinked away the water that was forming in his eyes. "I have a meeting with the king." He looked at the other man one last time, and slipped off the balcony, rolling to a stop at the ground. He walked into the forest below, and disapeared into the shadows. Vanon, was gone...

Many years later...

-==IC: Stutlus==-

Stutlus hurriedly ran to the Chief Advisor's cabin. Today was a big day, and he was late, as par usuall. Today, on the end of the year that he had turned twelve, he was to be selected by on of the faction leaders to join their group. Finally, he was to enter hero training. Stutlus had always wanted to be a Guardian. The big, burly men who could shatter steel with their massive weapons; but deep down, he knew that that could never be. Unless he happened to grow a foot or two in width overnight.

OOC: All right, go ahead and start your characters. You're heading to the Chief Advisor's cabin, so just go ahead and go there. Have fun!
Report Spam   Logged

It seems in every hero's time they find an enemy that defeats them in battle. Their reply? Look up in the pouring rain, and chase down their nemisis for a showdown.
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:33:18 pm »

-==IC: Trey==-

Trey looked around, as he ran toward the Chief Advisor's cabin.
I wonder what'll happen today? Trey thought, as he dshed toward the building.

OOC: I have an excuse for any typos: I literally am using a laptop. =P

Also, you made me think of an awesome Guardian idea... >=D
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Let's end this...

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »

OOC: Guardians in here, or DoaH? =P

Stutlus waved at Trey as he came hurtling towards the cabin. Looks like I'm not the only one in a rush today...
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:47:08 pm »

OOC: Here. I should've mentioned that the name was confusing, but I only just noticed that. =P

Trey stopped, and noticed Stutlus, and waved back.
"Hey there." Trey said, as he walked toward the other kid.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Let's end this...

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:27:26 pm »

OOC: Yeah. =P

"Hey!" Stutlus called back, walking to meet Trey in the middle. "Have you seen Samantha? She's s'pose to be here too."
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 04:00:03 pm »

"Not yet. Then again, I only just got to this area; and haven't really been looking around, so... She might be around here somewhere." Trey said, as he looked around.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Team: No Team
Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:19:35 pm »

-==IC: Samantha==-
Suddenly, a "statue" near the cabin began to breathe.  "Use your eyes, boys.  You might actually see something."  She winked, then resumed her frozen pose.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 04:28:07 pm »

Trey raised an eyebrow, as he looked at the 'statue', and walked toward it.
"Huh; very nice job with camoflage, Samantha." Trey said with an impressed look.

OOC: Was half tempted to shorten the name, but that might just have resulted in her getting annoyed. =P
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 04:36:47 pm »

OOC: She doesn't usually waste energy getting mad over unintentional things like that; now deliberately flirting with her would make her mad.  Of course, "mad" in her case means getting told off, not attacked; she's very...reserved.

Also, she looks like the blonde-haired Selkie in the first picture of the main article of this page, but normally she wears the outfit of the blonde-haired male Selkie.  Yes, she does own the other outfit. Tongue

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Selkie

Samantha acknowledged the comment with a subtle nod and a slight smile, but otherwise remained motionless.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 04:41:27 pm »

OOC: Mostly just a nickname sort of thing. =P

"So, what time's the meeting supposed to be, anyway?" Trey asked, as he remembered why they were there.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Let's end this...

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 07:44:20 pm »

Stutlus frowned at Samantha. "I would've seen you if I'd looked that way..." Then he looked over to Trey. "About the time we get inside."

OOC: =P
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 07:45:40 pm »

Trey chuckled at Stutlus, and then nodded, as he walked toward the building.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 07:48:20 pm »

Samantha turned around, walked inside the door, stepped out of the way, and resumed her pose.
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Let's end this...

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 07:50:03 pm »

Stutlus jogged briefly to catch up, then walked with Trey. "You may want to walk faster. We're kinda late." He said with a poorly disguised smile. Why did incidents that got him in trouble always make him want to laugh?
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 07:50:31 pm »

Trey chuckled at Stutlus once again, and walked into the building, and then took a seat, as he looked toward the front.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Let's end this...

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 07:55:05 pm »

Stutlus quickly went in behind Trey and took the seat to his immediate right.

-==IC: Chief Advisor==-

"You're late." Before any of the youths could get in an objection or reason why, the advisor rasied his hand for silence, and continued. "Today you will be sent to your faction groups. I have my recommendations and advice for all of you, but if you wish to go somewhere else, then so be it. So... Let's start with Trey. Which faction do you choose?"

OOC: Just so you guys know, I'll periodically update the story on Vanon. It'll just be at random intervals throughout... for a while. =P
Report Spam   Logged

Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:

Bird... GO!

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 08:21:27 pm »

"I..." Trey started, and thought for a few seconds, as he closed his eyes.
"I choose to join with the Strikers." Trey said, as he slowly opened his eyes.
Report Spam   Logged

The forum is a girl? 0_o
Mahri828
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Let's end this...

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 08:31:27 pm »

The Chief looked at Trey for a few seconds, then glanced to the three people in the back of the room. It seemed quite apparent that they were the three faction leaders. The tall woman on the far right spoke. "Accepted... and well chosen, Master Trey."

Stutlus swallowed dryly, and said his part. "I also choose the Strikers." He managed to say quietly. The woman looked him up and down. "Also accepted... And once again, well chosen."

"Well, that leaves you Samantha. Choose your faction!"
Report Spam   Logged

Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 08:55:39 pm »

OOC: For some reason, I hear the "Choose your character!" sound from Super Smash Bros Brawl when I see that line. Tongue

"The logical choice for one with my traits would be the Rangers."

OOC: She's talking about her personality, not her "ability". Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Fallen London Profile!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum