News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 19, 2024, 11:12:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

If You had an *UNLIMITED* Supply of LEGO ...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If You had an *UNLIMITED* Supply of LEGO ...  (Read 800 times)
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:15:08 pm »

I was thinking last night about the process of planning a MOC, and it occurred to me that one step tha often changes the plans is the inventory of bricks available or purchasable.
SO.. in this topic lets talk about what we would build if we had all the bricks our hearts desired, and how we would build it!!
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Jayko
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 12

Purpose: To post informative and helpful posts!

Kaboom!

Search Level 4 Apple User
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:32:48 pm »

Recently, I've been fascinated with trees built out of LEGO. If I had enough brown, I would very much like to build a large 3-4 foot tall apple tree. (I know, weird, but its what I want Tongue)

Also, it would be amusing to create a shell for a computer, and monitor. Not just a case for the tower to go into. A case that has everything mounted inside! The monitor would probably be tricky, so maybe just encase it...
Report Spam   Logged

Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 05:59:53 pm »

If I had unlimited LEGO, I would have written, built, and photographed Ray of Hope.  That's the reason I've kept trying to get it hand-drawn, because NOBODY has enough bricks for the epic sets I would need.  Heck, even LDD wouldn't be able to handle it!

Nowadays, though, I'd probably try to build a minifig-scale Star Trek ship.  It'd be bigger than my house (and that's just for a small ship!), but it'd be so worth it; among other things, I could do any number of Star Trek stories I wanted, since I'd only need one or two planetside sets for when the crew visited some planet.
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Flipz
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: Oh, just to hang out occasionally.

Yeah, I have that effect on people.

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »

@Rahkshi: Hmm...I see where you're coming from (goodness knows, the MBA kits have inspired me FAR more than they would have if they were simply some sort of LDD color scheme), but at the same time, building with unlimited bricks doesn't HAVE to remove limitations.  I generally build in LDD a.) things at minifig scale, b.) Star Trek creations, c.) LU-inspired creations, or d.) a combination of the above.  With Star Trek and LU in particular, the theme I'm building for definitely affects the way I'm building things; a desk in Star Trek has a vastly different profile than, say, a desk you'd see in a City set.  Likewise, for LU I find it challenging because I have to factor in the amount of space needed for minifigs, plus jumping mechanics; if I want someplace to be inaccessible to players, I have to make sure they can't double-jump to it, and I also have to leave enough height in rooms for players to at least single-jump, otherwise they can get stuck.

(That last reason is actually the reason my current building project is on hold; until I can get hard data on how high/far/etc. minifigs jump and double-jump [as well as the physics of which direction minifigs face when they stand still on a rotating platform], I can't build the track for my secret masterpiece.)
Report Spam   Logged

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Huh?)
Fallen London Profile!
Joining through the link on my page earns me coffee.
Welcome, Delicious Friend!
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »

I'd actually be able to build stuff with a proper colour scheme, and would likely have more MOCs. =P
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
SAMBO10794
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: To make a ruckus

Sam

Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 08:08:44 pm »

I would like to build buildings.
Right now, I don't have enough of the same color bricks to build a complete, large structure.
So whatever I build ends up looking like a circus or something. =P
Report Spam   Logged

"You know, I was scrolling up, and I noticed a "remember me", and quickly glanced at the avatar and username.  By the time I realised it was him, I was on the previous page.  I came back, and I was struck by shock.  It was HIM. SAMBO!." ---Alemas
Seems I'm something over there at the LMB.

Heres a link to my Brick Shelf...I haven't up dated it in years.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=SAMBO10794
Brickset
http://www.brickset.com/profile/?SAMBO10794
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 05:21:12 pm »

Recently, I've been fascinated with trees built out of LEGO. If I had enough brown, I would very much like to build a large 3-4 foot tall apple tree. (I know, weird, but its what I want Tongue)

Also, it would be amusing to create a shell for a computer, and monitor. Not just a case for the tower to go into. A case that has everything mounted inside! The monitor would probably be tricky, so maybe just encase it...

Guess the members of MLNO are still into Lego, awesome. I liked reading all the posts, great and interesting comments all and hats off to a great topic.
Jayko's comment though caught my eye the most because I just ordered about 300 dollars worth of tree parts from PickABrick just moments ago. Brown is a color you rarely see in a real tree my friends, when my bricks arrive in about a week, I'll build the first one and you'll see what I mean when I say "The trunk of a tree is not brown, it only looks that way" To get the perfect tree actually several colors must be used. Mostly white to black and every grey in between. I am re doing completely my train layout which will include nothing but Lego trees and bushes as apposed to the old layout.

BOT, I would build a layout where in order for the train to complete just one lap, 10 rechargeable batteries would be required, don't laugh, you just may see it some day.
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 06:05:08 pm »

Yeah, that'd be nice and pretty cool... However, you'd have to have one huge fan to be able to cool the parts effectively enough that it didn't overheat both the components for the computer, and the bricks that made up the case. If there was a way around that problem, then it'd be the perfect way to change the casing of your computer, since you could theoretically just change the bricks that make up the casing... But you definitely have to factor in heat... it's like making a car out of Lego. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Jayko
Initiate

MLNO Reputation 12

Purpose: To post informative and helpful posts!

Kaboom!

Search Level 4 Apple User
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 08:17:56 pm »

Jayko's comment though caught my eye the most because I just ordered about 300 dollars worth of tree parts from PickABrick just moments ago. Brown is a color you rarely see in a real tree my friends, when my bricks arrive in about a week, I'll build the first one and you'll see what I mean when I say "The trunk of a tree is not brown, it only looks that way" To get the perfect tree actually several colors must be used. Mostly white to black and every grey in between.

Ooh, very true... well then i'll have to throw some of those in there then too! XD

@Blade: That's very true too.... I guess I would just incorporate a mindstorms robot inside with a motor and temperature sensor!
Report Spam   Logged

Darth Rexus
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 2

Purpose: What, exactly, does this require?

Visitor

Fourth Year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 05:22:14 am »

I'd definitely build a working Electric Guitar. Of course I'd need some non-LEGO electrics, strings, pickups, tuning-whatevers and metal strips to go on the fret-board but the the fret-board, body and head-stock would all be LEGO.
Report Spam   Logged

lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 01:16:31 pm »

I'd build a house, a bike, and a real-life-sized model celebrating the 2011 World Series Champions.
Report Spam   Logged

Why does the programmer always get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Oct 31 == Dec 25
Rakoua
A GMod, not a database!
G - Borg MQ Global Mod
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 57

Awards:
Purpose: To bring perfection and order

Resistance is futile

Tenth Year Anniversary Level 7 Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 08:07:26 am »

I'd buy more LEGO =P
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Lily Sloane
Definitely not Swedish.

Gone With The Wind
Journeyman

MLNO Reputation 0

Apple User 50 Posts Signature
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:31 pm »

Angry
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:35:52 pm by Radetzky » Report Spam   Logged
MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

Indeed, I likely would as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum