News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
May 16, 2021, 12:13:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set #8990-1: Fero and Skirmix

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set #8990-1: Fero and Skirmix  (Read 117 times)
Ddude The Insane
News Reporter
MQ Leader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Stuff.

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:38:56 pm »

It is time for my Fero & Skirmix Review!

Fero & Skirmix
Since we have two seperate sets (more or less), I'll do them seperately in each section. Each section will be based on a 10-point system, with each of them contributing a max of 5 points.

The Build

Fero
...he's an AvGori with a Skrall helmet, a sword and a Thornax Launcher. And a connecter piece on his back for riding Skirmix. Wait...he doesn't have any fists!? RIP-OFF. A smaller helmet, fists, and a Gresh-style Thornax Launcher would pretty much perfect him.

3.1/5

Skirmix

Cooooooooool. =P Skirmix is a nice break from a Matoran/Inika Clone build. He's actually somewhat challenging. Took me a good 30 minutes+ to make him, and it's enjoyable. There are a few flaws though, like his miniscule tail and and hands. I know he's a dinosaur, but his hands could be bigger. Not much to complain about otherwise though. Fun to pose, or make him eat Fero's head xP It would be nice if he had a better way to let Fero ride him...

3.8/10

Total: 6.9/10

Playability

Fero

Fero would be pretty much lost without Skirmix. I find it hard to believe he defeated Skirmix. =P  He's apparently a lot of power in a small frame, although he does have an impressive sword, and his Thornax launcher makes him capable of terrorizing Agori.

Skirmix

...Skirmix is the star of this set. 'nuff said. He has good leg movement, decent body, and epic head. A bit more meat on him would be nice though. And his tail is puny. "I am Skirmix! Even the mightiest of bunny rabbits flee from me!" =P Also, his arms could be...longer. "I have a big head, and little arms. I'm just not sure...how well this plan was thought out." He's very posable, and I like how he can chomp off the heads of Agori. =P He has blue pins, but for once they don't look horrific. Mainly because you can almost never see them.

4.4/5

Overall: 8.1/10

Price

Well, as for price, they're together. The price is excellent, as I managed to find them for only $20 (although I doubt that's the MSRP). Together, they have the piece equivilent of roughly three Glatorian. And they're pretty good together.

8.7/10

Overall
Fero Fail. Skirmix WIN. Together? EPIC WIN. Fero is okay on his own, but with Skirmix, he is AWESOME. They are simply meant to be together. There are flaws (primarily Fero), but they aren't major enough to make this set any less amazing. Now get Berix and Gresh so you can act out comic one, minus the two other Glatorian. "And another thing-I don't travel alone. *no one shows up* *Fero enslaves Berix and Gresh* =P

Final Score: 8.3/10
Report Spam   Logged

by that logic, cheese graters do not exist, as they are not graters made of cheese.
Quote from: My Best Friend
Do you just make everything I say into a quote?
Quote from: Gandalf
"You've found Narnia, Harry."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum