News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
May 16, 2021, 01:37:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set #7116 Tahu (Bionicle Stars)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set #7116 Tahu (Bionicle Stars)  (Read 128 times)
The Host
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 3

Purpose: Troll the Forums, Watch and Listen

Nation Dex Complete: 713 Owned

Badges: (View All)
« on: January 01, 2010, 01:51:55 pm »

Set #7116 Tahu
Canister Art:
The canister is smaller than previous years' canisters by a fair amount, but that is because of the piece count, 19 in this case. The picture on the can is still pretty cool, picturing Tahu wielding a fire sword. In the bottom right corner there is a place where it advertises the collectability of the golden pieces that you get, and in this case shows a golden Hau(golden mask) that comes with the set.
The back of the canister is taken up of a picture of Tahu wearing all of the golden pieces that come with the six stars, and which stars come with which pieces.

Building:
Only slightly harder than the Agori of yesteryear and the av-matoran of 2008. With 18 pieces I was surprised it got an instruction booklet. Really, I didn't buy this set for the building experience.

Pieces:
Although the set comes with only 19 pieces, most of them are new or recoulers. It is a very good set in this category.
New Pieces:
-Mata Red Hau
-Golden Hau
-2 Red Armour
-Orange Armour
-2 Red Feet
Recoloured Pieces:
-Av-Toran Body in Mata Red
-Legs in Orange (2)
-Arms in Orange (2)
-Ackar Flame sword

Playability:
The set has 9 points of articulation for many minutes to hours of fun. I like this set a lot, even if the arms are restricted to be bent at an angle for ever. Even a small set like this is cool and fun to play with.

Final Thoughts:
Pros:
-Lots of recoulers and new pieces
-Two masks(one of which is gold)
-The small av-toran design has been improved
-Collectable feature with the stars

Cons:
-Price that I paid was a lot more than I would have liked to pay
-Limited posability
-Av-toran head makes him seem slightly hunched over.

Overall I would recommend this set, but really only because it is one of the last 6 Bio sets for the near future, and it is Tahu(very obviously this time).Look out for a Gresh and TK review soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Not being able to speak is not the same as not having anything to say

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum