News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 29, 2024, 01:36:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set #7632-1: Crawler Crane

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set #7632-1: Crawler Crane  (Read 689 times)
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« on: December 26, 2009, 01:04:47 am »

Hey everyone, I hope Santa was good to you, Christmas is a great time but also a difficult time for some.

I have a little review for you, but you must bare with me, I speant the last few hours doing something on photobucket I thought would work, it didn't, so I'm starting from scratch here. My initial post will show some pics and then I'll edit and modify to complete the post

My review is of Lego's Crawler Crane, kit #7632. No, it wasn't a present, but I did get some other cool Lego for Christmas.
My wife gave me a Indiana Jones's last crusade and I also got something from my youngest daughter that I didn't know existed.
So the added Christmas bonus here is also Lego's Night Light (no number).

As you can see, this is the box for the crawler crane and it shows the Lego Night lite, very cool and big too..

It actually lights up enough to help you get to the bathroom during a power outage, not bad eh?

Wanna know something funny, I had to ask what the the blue thing was the Lego Nite Lite Mega-Figure was holding. It's a handle, I would have guessed that right off if Lego had called it a lantern.

The first stage of construction began in my living room. As always I use the same method when building. Those are all rubber mats and rubber bowls, less slippery then glass and your Mom won't get upset because she has to do more dishes and you still havn't been fed. The flat ones are heavy truck battery mats and the bowls are heavy truck air brake diaphrams, ideal for small pieces. The flat mats also have a border, which comes in handy for pieces that tend to roll.

I thought this pic was cool too, it's halfway through the instructions, the cool part is that for an MOC this base un-finished model could be modified to suit an MOC, like a rocket launcher or something futuristic

The crane is very cool in my opinion, I'll tell you why, It's SOLID, STURDY, ATTRACTIVE and PLAYABLE. It defies dismantling or breaking, it's very well designed. I picked it up from almost every angle and it stayed intact. My only wish and perhaps complaint to Lego would be the fact that I think they need to start using different guages with their lines, you know, cables and such.

The Boom pieces are awesome and have alot of additional applications. The cranes simple design is what is also is amazing. If you're into Lego City, I highly recommmend this model. The biggest reason I would say is that this is a sturdy model with a pronounced Technic flavour to it, keeping everything together and that's the best review observation I can make. When combined, regular Lego constuction methods coupled with Lego Technics become a model that refuses to fall apart, that's what I did with my bulldozer.

A word on stability, looking at this one would think it may fall over given a certain position, not true, this model is almost perfect. Even adding excess weight, the Crane still held it's ground.

This is where I chose to put it, right above my head when I'm sitting here, sharing with ya'll. I gotta tell ya, I'm running out of Lego Room, and my my wife refuses to allow me to extend the train set and run it through her room aswell  Tongue Cry
One more pic, I hafta go get it...I'll be back in a few eh...

The last pic I took was a little like me, it was to bright ( Wink lol), so I decided to have a little fun, here it is...

Lego's Crawler Crane, a truly awesome build...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 02:02:59 am by Dancer » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:
Purpose: To do something.

Fourth Year Anniversary Apple User Search
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 03:27:55 pm »

Nice review Dancer! You go into a lot more detail with pictures than me, I should try that. Wink
TBD
Report Spam   Logged

I'm back. Probably not for long, as I've got school stuff to attend to, and I'll probably want to get a job at some point (hopefully self-employed). But nice to see you all again anyway.
LordVaderRulez
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Awards:
Purpose: To get off this dang Island...

4 8 15 16 23 42

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:55:11 pm »

Very cool set, I'd buy it if I had the extra money.
Report Spam   Logged

Incorrect, I for one, can honestly say say, I'm just a large sandwich, that loves Lego and has a vision or two....
[/center]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum