News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 20, 2024, 12:13:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to My Lego Nexus Organization! A LEGO Universe, LEGO and My LEGO Network Fan Site! The LEGO Company does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site.-- New? Check out the welcome forum and get started! Got questions? PM Blade, or one of the other active members of the staff.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set #8911-1: Toa Jaller

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set #8911-1: Toa Jaller  (Read 433 times)
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:38:35 am »

Jaller Mahri

Okay, even though I only just rebuilt it last night, and got it around this time last year, I'll review him!

Presentation

Eh, the case looks ok, and so does the back, but you'll tear through the back, more than likely toss the shell that inhabits the red plastic, and not use the red plastic that covers the package, but hey, the set inside is what you want, and the CGI on the front is pretty cool, but could probably be better.

Building

If you've built any of the Toa or Makuta that isn't named "Ignika", "Mutran", "Icarax", or "Takanuva", you'll know what you'll expect. Of course, there are different changes, like the tubes and the new chest armour, plus the stuff that's being used for shoulder armour nowadays for Jaller's stomach, but overall it's the same old Toa design that's been used since 2006.

Set Design

See above Tongue Well, this is technically an add on to that. Once Jaller's complete, he kinda looks cool. Sure he uses the same design as the others, but he still looks cool with his power Sword and Arthron, Mask of Sonar. And his cute Hahnah Crab helps out too. Be warned though that the Cordak Blaster is very heavy. The tubes on Jaller's mask is cool, and if you have System lego pieces that fit in the holes, you could customize it. You can also insert those lightsaber blade pieces into Jaller's Power Sword, and I recommend the Limegreen ones to complement his eyes.

Playing

He's fun to role play with. Try and unleash a Nova blast to kill the evil Barraki! Unfortunately, that's only fully able to happen if you have all the 2007 sets, but it's fun to attack Barraki if you have any. Unfortunately, at this time my two Barraki, Pridak and Ehlek, are in pieces, so I can't do that Tongue

Final Thoughts

Jaller's a good Toa to get, but of course has his flaws.

Pros

Fun to play with
Has a cute Hahnah Crab
Cordak Blaster is fun to pose with, but heavy
Hard to fire sometimes, but when it does, Cordak blaster goes far.

Cons

Price in Canada at release(12.99, though that's been the same price since I think the Inika)
Cordak Blaster does always fire
Head doesn't move all the way because of tubes
Cordak blaster is heavy, so if you want good poses, you'd better get a picture quickly after posing Wink

While the cons sometimes outnumber the pros, Jaller is fun. Unfortunately I can't compare him to the other Mahri, because he's the only one I have from the Mahri.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Tommy_60
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Clarity

Lego charges me up!↑

Eighth Year Anniversary Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:52:49 pm »

I have this set, and I think your review is accurate, Blade.
Report Spam   Logged

MsRowdyRedhead
Sage Mentor......... (renowned for profound wisdom)
A - MLNO Featured Admin of '08
Exciting Poster

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Harmony

The forum can't be the same without our friends.

Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:42:26 am »

This is one of the sets I bought 2Mak07, and he/we found a trick for the blaster so it would fire. I will ask if he remembers it. (I don't)
Report Spam   Logged

The dream is free.. the work to achieve it is sold separately.
OOC: An OOC expression of horror would confirm your humanity nicely. Wink
MLNO.  The only forum I know where expressions like the one above are commonplace. Tongue
Everyone is frustrating in their own special way.
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it. Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." ♥
"If you're not havin a good day, change your mind!!"
Tommy_60
JuniorBuilder

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: Clarity

Lego charges me up!↑

Eighth Year Anniversary Seventh Year Anniversary Sixth Year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:00:53 am »

It works fine for me by itself.  Just press it really hard and fast!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum