News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 16, 2024, 11:03:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set #5973-1: Hyperspeed Pursuit

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set #5973-1: Hyperspeed Pursuit  (Read 430 times)
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: To do something.

Badges: (View All)
Fourth Year Anniversary Apple User Search
« on: December 26, 2009, 03:26:22 pm »

The Space Chase: Hyperspeed Pursuit!

Sorry to R8 if I've got the title wrong, but I think I get how you've set this board out. Wink

The Build
The first part of the build is most of the Space Police craft. There are no time consuming parts to be honest, and the build is simple, yet satisfying. It's not simple like the Inika build was to Bionicle, more 'easy to understand'. So, you couldn't do this blindfolded like you do with the Inika build Bionicle. There was one part were I put a brick in the wrong place, and I thought the instructions were wrong, but then I realized I'd gone wrong. Unless you get a piece wrong in the middle, you shouldn't need to dismantle it to put it right.

The second part consists of the engines and front wings of the Space Police craft, and the whole of the Skull Twin craft. I have to say, the skull twins look rather... weird! They're two headed, and come with a rubber-ish helmet each. You get two huge flames in this set (which in my mind look awesome), two missile launchers and three cool minfigs.
Rating: A rare 5/5!

Playability
Well, I have to say, LEGO exaggurated the function were the alien flies out of the pod. When you hit the target, the pod lid just flops to the floor, with the alien staying inside (unless you're flying it upside down, of course). But two launchers make great fun when trying to knock over a new Baranus V7, which I had to try, seeming as I got that set for Christmas as well. The vehicles look good, and stays intact most of the time, with hardly any loose parts.
Rating: 3.8/5

Value for Money
At £39.15, it's not too cheap, but you get 456 pieces, which as I've said earlier, are very good. And there are quite a few pieces in there which could be used for various MOCs.
Rating: 4.2/5

Overall Rating
4.3/5

So I'd say, seeming as it's no longer Christmas, as soon as the January sales start (which isn't far off)... buy this set!
TBD

Report Spam   Logged

I'm back. Probably not for long, as I've got school stuff to attend to, and I'll probably want to get a job at some point (hopefully self-employed). But nice to see you all again anyway.
uraw911
Raven Shredder
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 0

Purpose: To make good stop-motions...

I looks like I'm laughing but Im actually sleeping

Level 6 Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 05:17:32 pm »

No, they can't. The back part of the twins ship is huge and could fit the other twin inside tho. I'm gonna make the back part of mine a storage compartment to smuggle stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

I love how off topic these welcome topics get. =P
You got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!! ... =P
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! =P
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 12:41:43 am »

Wow Tom, you said you lacked pics in a post you made on my Crawler Crane, not true. Your picture is, dare I say it, picture perfect. However if you still think you lack in pics, you certainly make it up with your review, very well written and very interesting to read, I may adopt some of your technics and use them as guidelines for my next review.
   I like what you said about the wrongly placed piece. Made me remember the tecnics motorized Dozer I built when I did the same thing, I had to go almost back to the beginning, took hours to build, oh well...
    GREAT REVIEW TOM
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 04:09:19 am »

Thanks everyone! And... ah, Dancer, it's picture perfect because I took it off the LEGO Shop website. Cheesy My photography isn't the best, so I got one of the internet.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm back. Probably not for long, as I've got school stuff to attend to, and I'll probably want to get a job at some point (hopefully self-employed). But nice to see you all again anyway.
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 04:42:58 am »

Give the picture taking thing a shot pal, trust me, it adds to the playability
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 07:07:50 am »

I'm going to try it for my next review, which should be done today, on Set #8263, the Technic Snow Groomer! It's my first Technic set in about... four years? Cheesy If I can just find my brother's camera...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum