News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
March 29, 2024, 08:39:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set #7634-1 Tractor

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set #7634-1 Tractor  (Read 381 times)
Rakoua
A GMod, not a database!
G - Borg MQ Global Mod
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 57

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: To bring perfection and order

Resistance is futile

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Level 7 Ninth Year Anniversary
« on: December 31, 2009, 12:43:56 pm »

#7634-1 Tractor Review By Rakoua

So, I was at a mall going to watch Sherlock Holmes, when I came across the toy store. I saw this set there, at 80 HRK, which is expensive, some 16 dollars. But that's how it is over here, and I decided to buy it!

After watching the movie, I went home, ate something and took out the box.

And here it is:

Not much here. A picture of the minifig and tractor. The set itself is red, so it did stand out a bit, but only a bit, because it was surrounded by sets that don't stand out at all.

The back shows its functions.

Not much really... The attachment on the back moves up and down, but what use is that without cargo? Kinda boring really. Well, I then opened the box...

Here is what was inside. Two bags of parts (One with small and on with large pieces), the instructions and the sticker sheet with three stickers. (Yes, you heard me, ONLY THREE STICKERS! Party!)

Here is a piece overview. Not much to note really... Two windsheld pieces and the large wheels are the only things that caught my eye, and the yellow bar used in the back, to secure the pins for the attachment. It's yellow because it's a cheap color I believe, as I see yellow everyhwere, from Tiny Turbos to the Striking Venom.
Also, there is a red grill tile, transparent 1x2 plate and two grill slopes for anyone interested...

A page in the instructions. They are clear, but don't have a list of pieces needed for each step.

A picture of the main frame really, about one third of the way to finishing the set. You see the yellow bar and where is it places (Look to the left). Otherwise, the construction isn't really interesting, and rests on two black technic bricks.

The construction before adding the wheels.

The big wheel is probably more fun on its own then then on the set itself, I had a blast uhh, rolling it around...

And here's the finished product:

Not much to say about the design. Simple, yet effective. Some places could be better tho. For example, the studs on the front part (In front of the windshield) could be covered up. But it's okay overall.

And here's the minifig, pretty generic really:

Now, not much to say about playability. Not much you can do really. The windshield doesn't lift up, so you have to remove it for play with the minifig. And without cargo, the attatchment on the back is useless. Little kids will enjoy playing with it, but without anything else, it will be boring for bigger kids. Perhaps it could be good in a farm layout, and with another attatchment. But that's all...

So, how does this set stack up?

Building experience: 6/10 It was okay really, nothing much to note here...
Design: 7/10 Simple yet effective.
Minifigs: 7/10 Okay minifig, not impressive tho.
Structural streinght: 9/10 Pretty strong, can survive small falls.
Playability: 4/10 Not much...
Bricks: 7/10, not much, but a good parts pack, with lots of red and some white plates, and several other things one may find useful.

Total: 40/60, 66%

I hope you enjoyed the review, not sure if you'll enjoy the set too much, maybe for the pieces...

May make a few more reviews when I get sets, depends if you people like this review.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:45:19 pm by Two of Nine, Primary Adjunct of Unimatrix One » Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Lily Sloane
Definitely not Swedish.

Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 01:21:51 pm »

I enjoyed that review, so you don't like stickers eh, neither do I, but not because I don't like putting them on, it's because when the model is dismantled and the pieces thrown in a box, the stickers fall off eventually.

List of pieces per page, I've noticed that recently myself, even with the larger sets like the Crawler Crane, it didn't show the list either, I think Lego is trying to save money there.

I laughed out loud when I read that you had more fun rolling the wheel around, easily amused eh, next time I comment on your reviews and creations I'll just give you a smiley  Wink. You're very funny buddy.

66% eh, well that sounds a little low, but ok. I have it's counterpart in technics with the grass cutter at the back, they're both about the same size, it's # is 8281 mini tractor. I like the mini-figure yours comes with, mostly because I too wear overalls to work.

Awesome review and entertaining aswell, thanks Rak

Almost forgot, did you like Sherlock Holmes?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:23:37 pm by Dancer » Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
Kritzelei
MLN Quester
Craftsman

MLNO Reputation 7

Awards:
Purpose: To do something.

Fourth Year Anniversary Apple User Search
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:19:46 pm »

Great review Rak, I think I'll start using these % style reviews, instead of my old 5/5 reviews. And I'll add more pics to mine as well. Wink
TBD
Report Spam   Logged

I'm back. Probably not for long, as I've got school stuff to attend to, and I'll probably want to get a job at some point (hopefully self-employed). But nice to see you all again anyway.
Rakoua
A GMod, not a database!
G - Borg MQ Global Mod
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 57

Awards:
Purpose: To bring perfection and order

Resistance is futile

Tenth Year Anniversary Level 7 Ninth Year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 05:42:23 am »

Glad you like it everyone!

I don't like stickers because I have to remove them if I'm planing on using the piece on something else...

I don't know how much money would that save, as the background probably takes the same amout of ink, and the listing wouldn't cost too much... Maybe they're just lazy.

The set is perfect for that set, R8, it would fit perfectly! Just need the harvester then... I doubt that I'll buy the farm set tho...

TBD, glad you like the layout and review!

And the movie, it was great!
Report Spam   Logged

Quote from: Lily Sloane
Definitely not Swedish.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum