News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 19, 2024, 06:54:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Set # 4643 Power Boat Transporter

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Set # 4643 Power Boat Transporter  (Read 354 times)
Legodac
Failed
X Banned Members
Inventor

MLNO Reputation -10

Awards:
Team: No Team
Purpose: Well, to bring you Lego news Camera  my own Lego Store, then perhaps being the 9th Lego Pro, then if there is enough money, I may bring Stanley Home

AND ONE BOWL OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP, TO FEED THEM ALL

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth Year Anniversary Combination
« on: July 24, 2011, 07:04:51 pm »

Set Review of #4643 “Power Boat Transporter”

When I first opened the box I noticed the white boat right off. It comes assembled and appearing to be one solid piece. As you can see, it’s actually 2 pieces.

Bag #1 contains the boat construction pieces, the only new pieces here that aren’t in my collection are the two long sloped yellows at the bottom right of the picture.

So let’s get building and dive right in eh!

Construction of the boat is simple in design. Though the good news is, is that you can re-design the build to harbor more area. Also the 2 piece shell could easily be adapted to provide power functions, since the boat can float.

Bag #2 contains the pieces for the tractor and #3 has the Float trailer ones.
   I love the jet boat and the fact it could be modified to include PF, although I wish they had done a grey or blue for the boat belly.
   The truck is not unfamiliar to me; I have a few pulling a truss and a dozer, though there is a unique change in design on the rear view mirrors which I think is really cool.

I will always say to Lego that they would sell a lot more big sets to the AFOL’s if they included more mini-figures. More advanced ones as well. The two in this set are okay, but I don’t think much thought went into which would be best to suit the model. I mean really, these guys are pumping gas right?
   One cool note I noticed about the stickers, the number of the boat is the same as the Lego kit number. Good idea eh?

Essentially, this model has really only one flaw. The age group is 5 to 12, so you’re going to spend more time flipping instruction pages then you do attaching bricks, lol.                     My opinion on possible improvements, would be simple, the doors on the tractor, or lack there of. Some remember Lego’s old style cupboard doors and drawers. Some were even semi-clear. They could be incorporated here to add a little more dimension to the model.

One more very minor deficiency; the trailer has the same license plate sticker as the tractor, oh well, nobody’s perfect.
   One last great note on this kit, the trailer uses a train car plate as its base, which means with a few extra bogies, your boat can be cruising around your train set as well. On the same note, Lego has shown how to turn Train car base plates into trailers with a nice landing gear as well.

I think the wide load markers were a nice touch too.
All things considered, if you’re into Lego City, this set is for you,. 4/5 stars.

Keep on Brickn’ eh…The legodac Brickerage Firm.
Report Spam   Logged

From Frostburgh they came,           the clones of the cold, through the tunnel in the frame,            to a tower so old
clic this eh http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/legodac/?start=all
lionytai
Outstanding MLNO Trader
Inventor

MLNO Reputation 3

Awards:
Team: No Team

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Level 6
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:51:32 am »

I will always say to Lego that they would sell a lot more big sets to the AFOL’s if they included more mini-figures. More advanced ones as well. The two in this set are okay, but I don’t think much thought went into which would be best to suit the model. I mean really, these guys are pumping gas right?

Well, I think they are just transporting the truck. And the boat. They're not going in the boat.

Nice review, as always, but I don't like the color of the truck. Yellow?
Report Spam   Logged

Why does the programmer always get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?
Oct 31 == Dec 25
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum