News Box
WELCOME TO MLNO!!! ... ENJOY YOUR TIME HERE! ... WHILE YOU ARE HERE, CHECK OUT OUR RPGS!
My LEGO Nexus Organization
April 18, 2024, 05:40:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Guests: Please register and look around! Tell your friends. Registration is instant, but you'll have to wait for an active admin to get online to approve your account, which should take less than 24 hours.  If you do not receive your approval email, just try to login. We are having issues with the automated email system.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Gallery Rules The MOC Corner Staff List Login Register Chat  

Toa Mahri - Metru Nui Defence

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toa Mahri - Metru Nui Defence  (Read 327 times)
Blade
Lightning Girl
A - Azure Striker
Crimson Apple Masterpiece Built!

MLNO Reputation 100

Awards:
Team: Network Strikers
Purpose: To stay DETERMINED

Bird... GO!

Badges: (View All)
Tenth Year Anniversary Ninth Year Anniversary Eighth Year Anniversary
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:05:41 pm »

I'd write an epic about Toa Blade, but too many spoilers.

Prologue - The Loss of a Comrade

--

The Toa Mahri shot at The Cord that held Voya Nui to Mahri Nui, and the combined force of the six Cordak Rockets hit The Cord, and it broke apart, and Voya Nui began to sink, the Mahri Nui and Voya Nui Matoran safely in the caves under Voya Nui, and Voya Nui plummeted, and then broke through Mahri Nui as it began to rocket off to a place due to the Toa Nuva using the Staff of Artakha to fix the things that were damaged in the Great Cataclysm, which was caused by the Makuta of Metru Nui, A Makuta named Teridax, when the Great Spirit Mata Nui fell asleep.
The Mask of Life, the Ignika, started to pull towards the direction that Voya Nui traveled in, and Matoro, the Toa Mahri of Ice, realized that the Ignika had to be used there, and the six Toa Mahri swam quickly after the island, hoping that they didn't get locked out.
We have to go quickly, we can't be even a second too late! Matoro thought, as he swam towards the place that Voya Nui was heading towards. While they were swimming though, a shock went through all of the beings everywhere, and Matoro stopped, and looked at the Ignika, which had turned dull, and silver.
"No... it can't be... The Great Spirit Mata Nui... is dead!" Matoro exclaimed, as everyone could feel that.
(Author's note, I'm including some of the dialogue in Comic 11: Death of a Hero here)
"We were too late. It's... over. The Great Spirit Mata Nui is dead." Matoro said, as the Toa Mahri gathered.
"Soon, we will be too," Said the Hewkii, the Toa Mahri of Stone. "The Barraki are desperate, and nothing's going to stop them now."
"So? With Mata Nui dead, the Universe is doomed anyway," Kongu, the Toa Mahri of Air said, as Matoro thought something.
"No... No... No! it doesn't end this way!" Matoro exclaimed, looking at his teammates. "Jaller... Guys... We can't give up! Maybe there's a way to bring Mata Nui back! We have to go now and try!"
"Not we Matoro, you go and try. We'll hold off the Barraki, to give you some time," said Jaller, as he raised his Power Sword.
"Guys... Thank you," Matoro said, and he started to swim away.
"Hey Matoro! When you return, be sure to tell everyone of the journey we had, I'd hate to think we went all this way and didn't even get a good legend out of it!"  Hewkii called after Matoro, as he swam out of sight, as he realized that this might be the last time he saw his friends and comrades. Matoro swam quicker than he ever did, the Mask of Life in his hand, as he saw the island of Voya Nui headed towards a tear in the ocean floor. Desperate, Matoro follows the island beneath the ocean floor, and he realized that he was in a giant waterfall, and Matoro also saw another tear in the floor, and deduces that Voya Nui was torn from that, and had shot up from the hole during the Great Cataclysm, and caused the other hole, and also saw a light.
"T-that must be the Universe Core!" Matoro said, and noticed Voya Nui about to seal the gap. Determined, Matoro swam even faster, just barely getting passed Voya Nui, as it slammed back down into the gap it had made before.

Back with the other Toa Mahri, the Barraki and their armies had caught up to them, and the Toa were outnumbered, and they knew it.
"We can't stop them all!" Toa Hahli, Toa Mahri of Water said, as she was grabbed by an octopus, and the other Toa Mahri stood around, surrounded.
"The Barraki know that they just have to hold us off, while the other creatures go after Matoro." Toa Nuparu, the Toa Mahri of Earth said, holding his shield in his right hand, as he tried to see if he could take out a few of the army, but he recognized that they were outnumbered, when the leader of the Barraki, Pridak, spoke.
"Correct Toa, we shall find him, and the Ignika.... And there is nothing you can do to stop us!" Pridak exclaimed, as Jaller put his power sword on his back and held his left hand out, as fire started to gather around it.
"Yes, I can." Jaller stated, as Nuparu looked confused.
"What's he doing?" Nuparu asked, as Hahli looked shocked.
"Great beings preserve us... He's going to go Nova!" Hahli said, as Jaller's energy slowly started to gather.
"And if he does; He'll kill us all!" Hahli continued, as she realized that if Jaller went Nova, the heat released in the ocean would instantly burn them, and essentially fry them all...

Matoro fell down the second waterfall he was in, as he wondered what he could do now.
"Put on the mask," Said a voice, and Matoro looked around.
"Who said that?" Matoro asked, as he wondered if he just had thought it.
"Hmm... The Mask of Life... It could be the answer! No-one knows what it can really do, but if it will save the universe by wearing it, I'll do it no matter what the danger!" Matoro said, looking at the mask, as he flipped it over, and placed it on his face. Right then, visions and the history of the Ignika flashed before Matoro, and he suddenly realized how it was to be used... And that when the Ignika is used, the user must die.
"My body is changing... Turning into energy. This is the price the Mask of Life demands for it's user. Toa Matoro must die so my energy can combine with the Mask's to bring life to Mata Nui!" Matoro exclaimed, a glow enveloping him, as he started to turn into energy.
"Already I can barely remember how it felt to be in battle, or to be lonely, or feel pain or joy or sadness. I'm going beyond all that now. Yet I still remember my friends. The mask lets me see what is happening to them. The Toa Mahri are doomed, and there is nothing a Toa of Ice can do to save them. But I am no longer just a Toa. I am the Mask of Life, and it is me. And while I still live, I will use its power... My friends will not die!" Matoro exclaimed, as he used his power to teleport the Toa Mahri to Metru Nui, and allow them to breathe air again, but leaving their gills on as decorations.
"All will be made right. All will be as it is meant to be."

1 minute earlier...

"Jaller! No! Don't!" Toa Hahli yelled out, as Jaller had almost charged his energy to Nova level.
"It is the only way. If we stop them here, maybe somehow Matoro can survive and finish the mission!" Jaller yelled out, unaware that Matoro indeed had completed his mission, though, they quickly learned that.
"What trick is this? Where have the Toa gone?" Pridak asked, as the Toa disappeared suddenly.
"What...? Jaller! No! We're home! We're home!" Nuparu exclaimed, as Jaller realized with shock that they had appeared in the middle of Metru Nui.
"Home? I have to... Contain the power... Force it down." Jaller said, obviously struggling to keep the power from flooding out and going through the whole city, which would have had everyone on the island die, because the whole city is made of metallic Protodermis, and after a minute or two of said struggling, he spoke again.
"Did it, just barely. I might have destroyed the city!" Jaller exclaimed, before continued. "How can we be back here?" Jaller asked, as Hewkii walked up to him.
"Here's another question, how can we be breathing air again?" Hewkii pondered, as Nuparu looked around, and realized something.
"Wait a second. One of us is missing. Where's Matoro?"

Back in the cavern to the Universe Core, Karda Nui, Matoro was falling down the waterfall, his body quickly turning to energy. In his last moments, Matoro felt no fear. He knew he had succeeded, that the Toa Mahri are safe and able to resume their lives in Metru Nui. The Turaga and Matoran would know of their great deeds, and that they had become heroes.
Matoro did not see himself as a hero, as a Matoran, Toa Inika, and Toa Mahri, all he had tried to do was his duty. Now his duty had led him to his destiny. Since the Mask of Life chose him as it's bearer, all roads led to that moment.
Matoro's energy mingle and merges with that of the Mask... Only to be released in an incredible explosion of light and power and life that surges through the great Spirit, also having the somewhat unintended effect of blinding three of the Makuta that happened to be flying around the skies of Karda Nui as they looked for more Matoran of Light victims to corrupt into Shadow Matoran.
Right then; Matoro, Toa of Ice, dies so that Mata Nui can live again.

"He lives, Mata Nui lives!" A Matoran of Water exclaimed, as across the universe, everyone realized that Mata Nui had returned to life.
"Matoro did it. It had to be him. He saved us all," Jaller said, as the Toa Mahri realized that Matoro had saved the life of Mata Nui. "We have to go back to The Pit. We have to find him. We owe him that."
"All of us owe him a great deal more than that. I have seen Matoro's fate... Felt his thoughts... There is nothing we can do but grieve for him now." Turaga Vakama said, as he walked up to the Toa Mahri.
"I can't believe it..." Toa Hahli said, as the five remaining Toa Mahri looked at each other with downcast faces, as they all realized exactly what Matoro did.
"He never thought he was a true Toa-Hero... But he turned out to be the greatest of us all." Kongu said, as Turaga Vakama spoke again.
"Come my friends, let us celebrate a Ko-Matoran who became a Toa... And a Toa who saved a Universe." He said, as they walked off.

The five Toa went to the celebration, and related the journey to the chronicler that was then appointed, Kopeke, as Hewkii shifted about a little guilty, seeing as he had told Matoro they should do this when they got back. Afterwards, the Mahri gathered together.
"I... Can't believe it." Jaller said, as Takanuva walked up to them.
"I heard the news... Why? Why did the life of Mata Nui need another to die...?" Takanuva said, but then continued. "But, we've gotta admit his courage. He never saw himself as brave, but he turned out to have the courage enough to sacrifice himself in the end."
"Yes... We must remember him... We must also help protect Metru Nui," Jaller stated, and looked to Takanuva. "Would you mind?"
"Of course not old friend. I could use some help." Takanuva smiled, and they walked away...

-----

Sorry that this had a lot of stuff similar to Death of a Hero, next chapter will be shorter(Tongue) and have totally original stuff. But, I needed to tell the story of this, and did put on my own twists, like expanding on Jaller's attempt to force the Nova down, and what would have happened in both cases. Again, sorry Wink
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:58:25 pm by Omega Blademan » Report Spam   Logged

I'm a girl - I'm a lesbian.

-==Blade's Story Library==-
-==Blade's RPG Library==-
A fresh start for the signature, aside for the libraries.

Blade is laughing ominously RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
The forum is a girl? 0_o
I imagine new people coming to the forum expecting to see discussion about LEGO, only to see RPGs full of deranged characters and insane people talking about cheese and brains.
I'm beet. I don't think I'll do homework tonight.
So, you're a vegetable? Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum